The W.I.P pics thread

(-iWi-) #41

We can use Quake 4 textures on Quake Wars??
NO ! , that’s pitty.

[QUOTE=Donnovan;212549]

I’m afraid the “planet stroggos” theme does not make things easy. If this was in earth, you can have wide more options to go. Haven’t you any more info about this map? Objectives? Location of things? [/QUOTE]

I think he can find the way anyway - there’s posibility and some potencial , but needs more work than just to use the SDK from SD.

Don’t give up !!! :stroggbanana:

(Tron-) #42

In the first pic you can just see a circular tower to the right, that is going to be the building housing the giant anti-aircraft gun which is the GDF’s main destroy objective.

Yeah, I’m going to be adding some Strogg structures around the crater walls, so I will build up the mountains around them.

As for textures, Lunaran made a set of Quake 4/Doom 3 textures based on the Quake 2 powerplant theme and released them for people to use a fair while back, those should work just fine for building up some nice chunky Strogg architecture. :smiley:

http://lunaran.com/page.php?id=8

(Violator) #43

Cool - have to convert some of my old Q2 maps now :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #44

Tron,

The bridge on first image is already “stroggfied”?

(Donnovan) #45

It’s a pitty to ask, or are you talking about anything else???

Found this when searching for “pitty”: http://www.pitty.com.br/

Too much away from the original game, may be for a Mod. By the way, he seens happy with the choose, let’s desire him the best lucky and inspiration.

This was somewhat scary…!

Good luck man! :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #46

[QUOTE=Donnovan;212656]Tron,

The bridge on first image is already “stroggfied”?[/QUOTE]

Looks like human bridge as things stand, needs different structure in my opinion.

(-iWi-) #47

[QUOTE=Donnovan;212657]
NO ! , that’s pitty. [/QUOTE]

That’s a pitty that we can NOT use any contents of Quake 4 out of the game !
That’s what I’ve wanted to say. :wink:

(Donnovan) #48

Whoops! Thanks [iWi], i got it wrong.

Your map is also in stroggos?

(Tron-) #49

I have more Stroggy details on it now, the overall look I am going for is closer to Quake 2/Quake 4 Stroggos aesthetic than the ETQW Strogg invasion force though. Quake 2 and Quake 4 have a very chunky industrial look, whereas ETQW depicted Strogg architecture as having more of a bio mechanical feel.

It was a nice look, and I am certainly going to be borrowing a lot of inspiration from Strogg structures in the stock ETQW maps, however overall I want things to see like an updated version of what we saw in Quake 2.

(-iWi-) #50

Originally Posted by chr1s
Looks like human bridge as things stand, needs different structure in my opinion.

Yes, You’re right. At ETQW there’s only one Strogg’s bridge and few Strogg’s archi =
it’s map Slipgate

[QUOTE=Tron-;212815]I have more Stroggy details on it now, the overall look I am going for is closer to Quake 2/Quake 4 Stroggos aesthetic than the ETQW Strogg invasion force though. Quake 2 and Quake 4 have a very chunky industrial look, whereas ETQW depicted Strogg architecture as having more of a bio mechanical feel.

It was a nice look, and I am certainly going to be borrowing a lot of inspiration from Strogg structures in the stock ETQW maps, however overall I want things to see like an updated version of what we saw in Quake 2.[/QUOTE]

Dont’t forget visit P.Richards website for some inspiration -
http://www.autodestruct.com/concept.htm

Keep on :wink:

(-iWi-) #51

[QUOTE=Donnovan;212774]Whoops! Thanks [iWi], i got it wrong.

Your map is also in stroggos?[/QUOTE]

No; we stay on earth. How I’ve said already - my map RedRocks is inspired by Monument Valley.
I wanna keep the gameplay & gamedesign on line of SplashDamage’s work.

(AnthonyDa) #52

You can’t or you aren’t allowed to do so ? (AFAIK, even WOLF textures can be used in QW)

(Tron-) #53

Not allowed to. Textures from any modern game can be technically used with any other if you can be bothered extracting them, it’s the legality which is the problem.

(-iWi-) #54

ok, of course You can export , easy to do; but what I want to say it’s -
Thas is NOT allowed to use any contents out of game QUAKE 4.
I suppose that RAVEN SOFTWARE won’t make any lowsuit / justice,
if You’re mod or map stay “free”
(no profit), maybe just “warning” to stop distribution on a net.
Berseker exported to my Cinema 4D -

:wink:

(iwound) #55

Current sewer state.

(SebaSOFT) #56

[]V[] we want MOAR…

(Apples) #57

Ya! i’m super excited bout this castle :smiley: yumyummy!

(Violator) #58

Nice - love the caustics on the walls. Maybe add some lowlevel peasouper fog?

(-iWi-) #59

[]v[] - looks nice,
man, I think You have to make the difference the colors between “water” & “walls” !
here’s my idea 'bout colors - :wink:
Light fog above the water can be cool.

Ggoooo OOOnnn ! :stroggtapir:

(iwound) #60

I dont think people would like to run through strogg piss.
nice thought though. maybe not so bright but defo dirty it up a bit, also a squattiong strogg on a toilet above dumping on the unfortunate below. anyone got some ideas on strogg poo.
What you are not aware is the smell entity used in the area its pretty pungent.

Any devs care to comment on wether strogg need to go number 1 & 2’s.:o

cheers [iWi] i’ll try and work something in.