The Shell Shock Update - Bug Megathread

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

With every new update there are often a number of unforeseen issues that sneak in. To address these as quickly as possible, we’re creating a single Forum Megathread so you can let us know when you run into them. This way, you’ll have a much greater chance of having them seen by our QA team than by creating a new thread (we only have so much time for bug-thread hunting!)

Before you make a post please do a quick check to see if anyone else has reported the issue you have experienced. If so, simply up-vote their comment and we’ll know the severity of issues.

Format bug reports: When putting a bug into the comments below make sure that you give us as much information as you can. If you can remember any of the events leading up to the issue it can help us find the cause quicker.

• Type of Bug: Eg. Gameplay bug, HUD and in game UI, Frontend UI etc.

• Description: Describe what the bug is and what happened in the moments leading up to and after the incident.

• Video / Screenshot: If you can grab a screenshot (which you can do through steam) or a video recording of the issue it would be useful for us.

• Steps to reproduce: List the steps that lead up to the bug. Try not to leave any information out, every step can be useful!

• Result: What happened after you experienced the bug.

• Expected result: What you believe should have happened if there was no bug.

• Reproduction rate: How many times out of 10 have you experienced this issue? (1/10 - 10/10)

Copy the below code and use it to fill in your details:

* **Type of Bug:**

* **Description:**

* **Video / Screenshot:**

* **Steps to reproduce:**

* **Result:**

* **Expected result:**

* **Reproduction rate:**

Performance/Graphical Issues: If you are experiencing either performance or graphical related issues, please also add your System Specification to your bug report including: Processor, Graphics Card, RAM, HDD/SSD, Motherboard, Sound Card and even drivers etc.

We’ll be going through each and every bug which is posted here. If you don’t get a reply, don’t worry. Just rest assured knowing we have made note of your issue and it will be addressed when possible.

Thank you for helping us make Dirty Bomb a cleaner place (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean).
shoe.

(frostyvampire) #2

(frostyvampire) #3
  • Type of Bug: Gameplay bug (ranked)

• Description: My game crashed while I was in ranked Chapel and when I rejoined my squad was replaced with Proxy, Fragger and Sawbonez with their default loadout cards. Leaving the game and rejoining fixed it and I got my actual squad back but it almost costed us the game

• Video / Screenshot: Didn’t take one

• Steps to reproduce: Try to make your game crash in ranked and rejoin. I’m really not sure, it was weird. Maybe pause the game too because when I rejoined the game was paused

• Result: My squad was replaced with random mercs with default loadout cards

• Expected result: My squad should stay the same

• Reproduction rate: Only occurred to me once

(K1X455) #4
  • Type of Bug: Gameplay

• Description: Mission Progression

• Video / Screenshot:

• Steps to reproduce: Get a mission involving a merc, but don’t use the merc in the mission because it’s not as practical nor effective as other mercs.

• Result: Mission won’t progress

• Expected result: Mission accomplishment

• Reproduction rate: 2/5

(K1X455) #5

These two are completely new. They’re not the typical OOB I normally get.

Reproduction rate: 7/10

(TR_Kama) #6

This is NOT my bug it’s a friends that is his Youtube Channel

(azz_abdr) #7

@TR_Kama That first bug is an old bug, happen to me once in RS2 era, it’s because of he is lagging, you can see his ping is yellow and red. As far as I remember it started when press space to spawn and get disconnected for a very short time.

As the Vault bug I think it looks like a problem of low memory or broken DirectX driver…

(n-x) #8

Type of Bug: Game Play

Description: I delivered an objective under fire. Progress bar vanished. Delivery animationen was completed. Then I died and the object was suddenly not delivered. Ping was 40 ms

Video / Screenshot: N/A

Steps to reproduce: Deliver an object an kill the player delivering split second after he delivered.**

Result: Objective should be delivered

Expected result: Objective wasnt delivered

Reproduction rate: Happened once were I can say for sure, that progress bar was gone and animation was completed, but I had several instances were it was a bit dodgy.

(K1X455) #9

Missing texture?

(n-x) #10

If you leave half time in Stop Watch the XP doesnt count towards your mission.

(TR_Kama) #11

@azz_abdr said:
@TR_Kama That first bug is an old bug, happen to me once in RS2 era, it’s because of he is lagging, you can see his ping is yellow and red. As far as I remember it started when press space to spawn and get disconnected for a very short time.

As the Vault bug I think it looks like a problem of low memory or broken DirectX driver…

thanks man i’ll pass it on

(ClemClem7) #12

Type of Bug: gameplay bug

Description: negative score when suicide with pressing K

Video / Screenshot: None

Steps to reproduce: press K when in a match (not sure about ranked though)

Result: suicide with negative score added

Expected result: No negative score as this is a feature of the gameplay (you know, respawn with full life and ammo with your friends rather than being put on longspawn)

Reproduction rate: For me that was 10/10 on objective and stopwatch, don’t remember in ranked.

(SnakekillerX) #13

@K1X455 said:
Missing texture?

I’m getting the same thing on Bridge on the wall facing the entrance to the yellow decontamination room near attacker’s spawn on 1st obj. Never stopped long enough to see what was going on with it, but it was all black and strange looking like that.

(SnakekillerX) #14

Not sure how far back this bug goes… I don’t think its specific to “THE SHELL SHOCK UPDATE”… however I’ll place it here non the less as its an annoying one.

Type of Bug: UI Bug.

Description: Attempt to join a server via the server browser. Then hit cancel before it actually joins the server. It brings you back to the server browser… but if you wait a moment it will still join the previous server anyway. (Cancel, does not CANCEL).

Steps to reproduce: Join a server, then hit cancel while the option to is still available. Then wait a moment and you’ll see it will join the server anyway.

Result: It ends up joining the server you canceled joining to.

Expected result: It should just cancel the connection attempt out right.

Reproduction rate: Happens every time. 10/10

(K1X455) #15

WTF

• Reproduction rate: 3/10

(kittz0r) #16

Type of Bug: Settings
Description: Windowed Mode is on ingame (fullscreen main menu) and cant be disabled, no config are touched or set to read only
Video / Screenshot: https://twitter.com/kittTWITCH/status/887026179152203778
Steps to reproduce: Settings–>Video—> Windowed Mode On—>set to OFF—> will change again to on
Result: Input Lag i suppose
Expected result: Fullscreen aka off?
Reproduction rate: 10/10

(pumpkinmeerkat) #17

@kittz0r said:
Type of Bug: Settings
Description: Windowed Mode is on ingame (fullscreen main menu) and cant be disabled, no config are touched or set to read only
Video / Screenshot: https://twitter.com/kittTWITCH/status/887026179152203778
Steps to reproduce: Settings–>Video—> Windowed Mode On—>set to OFF—> will change again to on
Result: Input Lag i suppose
Expected result: Fullscreen aka off?
Reproduction rate: 10/10

SD pls fix. I’ve had this issue for months, reported here and to technical support multiple times :’(

(FuZ38) #18
  • Type of Bug: Visual bug

• Description: Glitches on screen when I’m around the first bomb site on Vault, never happened on any other map

• Video / Screenshot:
    Video:
    https://youtu.be/u0xY26-Gnjo
    Screenshot (even worse): http://i.imgur.com/fP3rNTK.png

• Steps to reproduce: Being around the outside bomb site on the map Vault

• Result: Glitches on screen, the intensity vary from a match to another

• Reproduction rate: Had it every time I played this map, even after restarting the game

• Other: My CPU: i5 2500k / GPU: HD 5870 1Gb / Ram: 8Gb

(K1X455) #19

Seriously

• Reproduction rate: 2/5

(K1X455) #20
  • Type of Bug: Server (?) AUS Obj 7v7 01

• Description: Cannot Join a 14 player match that has 12 players

• Video / Screenshot: https://plays.tv/s/LLwFCm4_q9H5

• Steps to reproduce: Join a 14 player match with 12 players

• Reproduction rate: 3/5 for Aus servers, 1/5 for Asia servers