The new season started, so where is the Javelin's nerf?

(Ptiloui) #41

@Jostabeere said:
And you cannot lingjump away from it with every merc because SD still didn’t fix the mines explosion AoE from being a cylinder.
You could lomgjump over it if it was a hemisphere as intended.

After re-reading this, it seems this is not the only ability to be a cylinder instead of a sphere : i highly suspect heartbeat sensor and phantom’s emp AOE to be a cylinder too.

PS : Ok, maybe im a bit late on this :smiley: but this is smth that i figured out a long time but never really thought about why.

(Jostabeere) #42

@Ptiloui said:

@Jostabeere said:
And you cannot lingjump away from it with every merc because SD still didn’t fix the mines explosion AoE from being a cylinder.
You could lomgjump over it if it was a hemisphere as intended.

After re-reading this, it seems this is not the only ability to be a cylinder instead of a sphere : i highly suspect heartbeat sensor and phantom’s emp AOE to be a cylinder too.

PS : Ok, maybe im a bit late on this :smiley: but this is smth that i figured out a long time but never really thought about why.

It’s unreal engine and SD not being able to properly making it and not wanting it to be a sphere and go underground for some reason.
Atleast that’s what everyones favourite ex forum moderator here told me.

(Nail) #43

@Jostabeere said:

Yet we know SD nerfs things into oblivion rather than balancing them.
Phantom used to be a mainly melee assassin. Now he’s a mine disabler when planting OBJ.

pretty sure a lot of that nerf was Nexon’s over reaction to the reddit ragers

(frostyvampire) #44

@LifeupOmega said:
Still waiting for snipers to be removed before anything.

Why? If that happens I will uninstall

(Nail) #45

ain’t EVER gonna happen

(Jostabeere) #46

@Nail said:

@Jostabeere said:

Phantom used to be a mainly melee assassin. Now he’s a mine disabler when planting OBJ.

So with Nexon being away for half a year or so why didn’t they buff him again?

(Sorotia) #47

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Sorotia said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Lord_Coctus said:
Jav isn’t that bad once you get used to her.
Her ammo could use a nerf though.

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

Sorry…if you’re getting killed half way across the map by rockets that you didn’t just blindly run into…it’s player error not the game’s fault.

Why is it player error to be killed by something completely unavoidable?
It takes very little skill to shoot a rocket in a straight line into a doorway across the map. Considering ping and human reaction time in general, that basically means there’s no possible way for the player to avoid it.

Sure, snipers can do much the same. I don’t really like snipers either, but they take a hell of a lot more skill to play and get kills like that. Whereas javelin can randomly fire a rocket and get a guaranteed kill if the person playing her has half a brain.

If you really don’t believe it’s an issue, go to any public server and watch the first low level player who picks javelin. Even the worst possible player can easily topscore as her. And with even a little bit of skill, the rocket can easily become one of the best abilities in the game, on a merc who already has an amazing weapon selection, fairly high speed and health, and an ammo ability that renders all other firesupports useless for giving out ammo.
Sorry, but she needs a major rework, there’s literally no reason she shouldn’t be reworked when you consider how all the other mercs preform.

Sure…it’s easy to get top score with Javelin…but that isn’t because of the rocket it’s because of her OP ammo skill which does need some kind of nerf…heck you can give ammo if you’re downed and friendlies walk all over your body.

Like I’ve said in other threads…it’s a merc ability that can kill you so many people cry nerf because it isn’t fair they get killed by anything but a firearm apparently. (even that is unfair to people too)

We don’t need another Stoker debacle where a year later even after buffs his molly is still kinda weak.

Yes, her ammo skill should be nerfed, but because people can’t handle getting killed by her rocket doesn’t mean it needs a nerf.

(Nail) #48

@Jostabeere said:

@Nail said:

@Jostabeere said:

So with Nexon being away for half a year or so why didn’t they buff him again?

they did, just not to original OP state

(kittz0r) #49

@Sorotia said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Sorotia said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Lord_Coctus said:
Jav isn’t that bad once you get used to her.
Her ammo could use a nerf though.

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

Sorry…if you’re getting killed half way across the map by rockets that you didn’t just blindly run into…it’s player error not the game’s fault.

Why is it player error to be killed by something completely unavoidable?
It takes very little skill to shoot a rocket in a straight line into a doorway across the map. Considering ping and human reaction time in general, that basically means there’s no possible way for the player to avoid it.

Sure, snipers can do much the same. I don’t really like snipers either, but they take a hell of a lot more skill to play and get kills like that. Whereas javelin can randomly fire a rocket and get a guaranteed kill if the person playing her has half a brain.

If you really don’t believe it’s an issue, go to any public server and watch the first low level player who picks javelin. Even the worst possible player can easily topscore as her. And with even a little bit of skill, the rocket can easily become one of the best abilities in the game, on a merc who already has an amazing weapon selection, fairly high speed and health, and an ammo ability that renders all other firesupports useless for giving out ammo.
Sorry, but she needs a major rework, there’s literally no reason she shouldn’t be reworked when you consider how all the other mercs preform.

Sure…it’s easy to get top score with Javelin…but that isn’t because of the rocket it’s because of her OP ammo skill which does need some kind of nerf…heck you can give ammo if you’re downed and friendlies walk all over your body.

Like I’ve said in other threads…it’s a merc ability that can kill you so many people cry nerf because it isn’t fair they get killed by anything but a firearm apparently. (even that is unfair to people too)

We don’t need another Stoker debacle where a year later even after buffs his molly is still kinda weak.

Yes, her ammo skill should be nerfed, but because people can’t handle getting killed by her rocket doesn’t mean it needs a nerf.

You never played CMM where you have huge XP Ammounts but because of Combat, Support doesn nearly nothing, if you are lucky you might get some more Badge XP.

(Sithas) #50

Can we please stop calling everyone who has criticism on the game whiners, yes we get it you love the game and yes many criticism get repeated a lot and yes many times the ideas that are suggested are not great. But calling people with criticism on the game whiners, doesnt add anything of value to the threads either and becomes more and more a circlejerk. Most of people who post criticism do that because they like the game too and wants to improve it.

This is not meant for anyone specific.
But it is seriously annoying seeing in more and more threads, post were the only thing is said that that people with complaints are whiners and crybaby´s.

(Eox) #51

Coming through for some reminders, as the debate is heating up a bit.

It’s fine to not agree with what another user says, but if you want to show your disapproval, you’ll have to be constructive. This basically means not throwing ad hominem arguments. For exemple : calling someone a “whiner” because he thinks Javelin is overpowered is effectively what I can call an ad hominem argument (and it’s also fairly impolite). I’m just using this because @Sithas mentionned that. I had to remove a single post that did ad hominem so far tho.

I can understand the whole debate behind Javelin, but try to remain as respectuous as possible.

Cheers !

EDIT : moving to merc discussions as well.

(Xenithos) #52

So this is where this thread disappeared to,
Sees Moderator Post
hisses at the righteous light before me