The new season started, so where is the Javelin's nerf?

(GatoCommodore) #21

when javelin is unplayable, we know who to blame…

(Blargz) #22

@TheFpsPro27 said:
Simply every other explosive has a weakness that prevents them from being used during combat (…)

Nader can still one-shot me during combat with one, lucky, panic nade and it’s not exactly ‘slow’ at short-range. Doesn’t require much skill either.

(everlovestruck) #23

@Blargz said:
Nader can still one-shot me during combat with one, lucky, panic nade
it has to be a direct hit to 1shot you
besides, you must be 90 hp or lower, while the rocket can 1shot all mercs

it’s not exactly ‘slow’ at short-range.
it doesn’t explode on impact at short range. it has to travel several units first, while the rocket explodes on collision with anything at any distance, which allows panic kamikaze proxy-like suicide kills.

(everlovestruck) #24

@Blargz said:
Nader can still one-shot me […] Doesn’t require much skill either.

so you’re basically telling me that projectile weapons don’t require skill?

ever heard of quake or ut? soldier from tf2 is a great example too

(Jostabeere) #25

@everlovestruck said:

it doesn’t explode on impact at short range. it has to travel several units first, while the rocket explodes on collision with anything at any distance, which allows panic kamikaze proxy-like suicide kills.

Yet the big AoE of Javelin might kill her aswell in short range, and usually does.

(Blargz) #26

@everlovestruck said:
it has to be a direct hit to 1shot you
besides, you must be 90 hp or lower, while the rocket can 1shot all mercs

Some people do play 90hp and less mercs. One-shotting from full hp shouldn’t be a thing with spammable abilities.

It doesn’t explode at point blank range. Listen, I’m not arguing Jav is fine, read again what I was reffering to.

so you’re basically telling me that projectile weapons don’t require skill?
ever heard of quake or ut? soldier from tf2 is a great example too

If all You got to do is place crosshair on someone and shoot to get a kill, no, they don’t.

If You have to account distance, falloff and speed of that projectile and shoot ahead of target, they do.

(kopyright) #27

@Trestos said:
The game isn’t called Dirty Bomb anymore. We call it Dirty Rocket now

Dirty Stomp

(Nail) #28

I hear from my undercover tapir they’re renaming the game “Whiney Kids”

:smiley:

(Xenithos) #29

HEY GUYS! DIRTY BOMB HAS BEEN OUT FOR 10-12 YEARS NOW! THIS GUY ON THIS FORUM SAID SO AND TALKED ABOUT HOW KUMBAYA THE OLD COMMUNITY WAS SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Edit: re-read like 3 times. OP went from DB straight to general game players. Kid, there has never been a time where absolutely everyone completely agreed with “everyone else” that something was OP in any game I’ve played. Even when Phantom was broke as all get out upon release not everyone agreed he was OP in this game as well. BeyBlade videos didn’t even change their minds. It’s the same with games from a long time ago as well, not everyone is changing stuff.

I can honestly even only think of one instance, and it was so “OP” because players found a glitch that allowed IN THAT GAME for them to rise to the sky and not be shootable because of the speed of the weapon firing locking them behind the skyblock ceiling… but that literally didn’t even force a change on the damage, just the impact fire rate of the weapon on players.

(Xenithos) #30

@GatoCommodore said:
when javelin is unplayable, we know who to blame…

The devs who listen to the wrong set of whiny kids?

General consensus among non-whiners and people that have actually been through the ups and downs of merc changes like Stoker, Thunder, and Fletcher seems to be removing or dramatically changing her ammo ability. That’s the primary thing I’d like to see if it were up to me. Anything more than very slight changes to the fire mode, damage, charging duration, and cooldown will render her pretty underwhelming. She is not that hard to counter at all.

Also, speaking broadly here, please stop bringing my beloved Nader into this debate in every thread. Y’all are really hurting my feelings. :’( Yes, she is a very spammable merc, but the only time her ‘spamming’ is effective is when she’s clearing an area. It’s intentional area denial. A launcher-first, spam in combat approach is laughably easy to counter and pitiful to witness as someone who has likely surpassed 150 hours of playing time on her. You better hope you’re a damn good aim if you bring that launcher out in the middle of a close range gun fight. I’ll argue 'til I’m out of breath that she’s a high skill ceiling merc with no real objective role aside from clearing out areas and holding chokes. She’s similar to Fletcher in the sense that the majority of them are bad whereas you’ll occasionally run into a skilled one that can carry an entire team. I’d say there’s a lot more merit behind Fletcher being too strong on this subject, though, and I like him as well.

/rant

! … until someone trashes Nader or compares her to Javelin again and I get butthurt.

(Sorotia) #32

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Lord_Coctus said:
Jav isn’t that bad once you get used to her.
Her ammo could use a nerf though.

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

Sorry…if you’re getting killed half way across the map by rockets that you didn’t just blindly run into…it’s player error not the game’s fault.

(Press E) #33

@Sorotia said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Lord_Coctus said:
Jav isn’t that bad once you get used to her.
Her ammo could use a nerf though.

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

Sorry…if you’re getting killed half way across the map by rockets that you didn’t just blindly run into…it’s player error not the game’s fault.

Why is it player error to be killed by something completely unavoidable?
It takes very little skill to shoot a rocket in a straight line into a doorway across the map. Considering ping and human reaction time in general, that basically means there’s no possible way for the player to avoid it.

Sure, snipers can do much the same. I don’t really like snipers either, but they take a hell of a lot more skill to play and get kills like that. Whereas javelin can randomly fire a rocket and get a guaranteed kill if the person playing her has half a brain.

If you really don’t believe it’s an issue, go to any public server and watch the first low level player who picks javelin. Even the worst possible player can easily topscore as her. And with even a little bit of skill, the rocket can easily become one of the best abilities in the game, on a merc who already has an amazing weapon selection, fairly high speed and health, and an ammo ability that renders all other firesupports useless for giving out ammo.
Sorry, but she needs a major rework, there’s literally no reason she shouldn’t be reworked when you consider how all the other mercs preform.

(Jostabeere) #34

@STARRYSOCK said:
Why is it player error to be killed by something completely unavoidable?
It takes very little skill to shoot a rocket in a straight line into a doorway across the map. Considering ping and human reaction time in general, that basically means there’s no possible way for the player to avoid it.

Sure, snipers can do much the same. I don’t really like snipers either, but they take a hell of a lot more skill to play and get kills like that. Whereas javelin can randomly fire a rocket and get a guaranteed kill if the person playing her has half a brain.

If you really don’t believe it’s an issue, go to any public server and watch the first low level player who picks javelin. Even the worst possible player can easily topscore as her. And with even a little bit of skill, the rocket can easily become one of the best abilities in the game, on a merc who already has an amazing weapon selection, fairly high speed and health, and an ammo ability that renders all other firesupports useless for giving out ammo.
Sorry, but she needs a major rework, there’s literally no reason she shouldn’t be reworked when you consider how all the other mercs preform.

This can be said about almost everything in the game.
“You run through a doorway with 5 HP and get a random bullet by a lvl 1 player who randomly shot the doorway”
“Random throw and forget Airstrike”
“Random mine that sits there for 5 minutes and you didn’t hear because of gunfire”

Seriously. How often do you die to a lucky timed rocket fired off at the other end of a map out of 100 deaths?

(Ptiloui) #35

The real problem with Jav’ rocket is that the skill required is only on defenders part.

-With Fragger : the attacker need some skill to perfectly cook the nades and throw at the exact place. The defender need to recognize when a Fragger cook and when to run.

• As Proxy, he needs to know where to place mines to make them nearly unavoidable. As defender, you have to train yourself to recognize visual and sound of thoses mines.

But with Javelin, the attacker just need to aim and fire a rocket that will blow one or more players. There’s no skill involved. Only the defender need skills to avoid death. And this is death, not just downed. Instagibbed. A noob Javelin will get a kill but a noob Fragger will have more difficulty to get same kills.

(Jostabeere) #36

@Ptiloui said:

• As Proxy, he needs to know where to place mines to make them nearly unavoidable. As defender, you have to train yourself to recognize visual and sound of thoses mines.

This game has so many corners you cannot shoot a mine behind.
Some have side paths, but 1 mine can completely cut off a flank. So you wither have to face whole enemy team or get damaged and most likely killed.
And you cannot lingjump away from it with every merc because SD still didn’t fix the mines explosion AoE from being a cylinder.
You could lomgjump over it if it was a hemisphere as intended.

(FalC_16) #37

I totally agree with SD’s approach. They better introduce content that might be slightly op so that the can slowly nerf it down in order to fine tune the balance. They even confirmed that once. It is easier to nerf things afterwards than buffing them gradually which takes much more effort on the devs side.

Im enjoying javelin while it lasts…its so fun to nuke crybabies. Im ok with later nerfs too

(Ptiloui) #38

@Jostabeere said:

@Ptiloui said:

This game has so many corners you cannot shoot a mine behind.
Some have side paths, but 1 mine can completely cut off a flank. So you wither have to face whole enemy team or get damaged and most likely killed.
And you cannot lingjump away from it with every merc because SD still didn’t fix the mines explosion AoE from being a cylinder.
You could lomgjump over it if it was a hemisphere as intended.

I don’t argue about the tweak needed on mines, I even think there’s actually a bug where you sometimes can just trigger them while you’re behind the wall. But despite them being a little unfair, there still require some skill to know where to place them efficiently. While Jav’s rocket don’t.

(Jostabeere) #39

@FalC_16 said:
I totally agree with SD’s approach. They better introduce content that might be slightly op so that the can slowly nerf it down in order to fine tune the balance. They even confirmed that once. It is easier to nerf things afterwards than buffing them gradually which takes much more effort on the devs side.

Im enjoying javelin while it lasts…its so fun to nuke crybabies. Im ok with later nerfs too

Yet we know SD nerfs things into oblivion rather than balancing them.
Phantom used to be a mainly melee assassin. Now he’s a mine disabler when planting OBJ.
Stoker is pretty bad so is Thunder.
The list goes on.
@Ptiloui You also do not get kills everytime or more common if you randomly fire rockets somewhere without placement.

(neverplayseriou) #40

@Ptiloui Mine trigger radius has been bugged for months, same for the sound, you can trigger mines through walls but it’s also almost impossible to get away from a mine with a long jump without taking any damage because of the radius.