The new season started, so where is the Javelin's nerf?

(TheFpsPro27) #1

Will you nerf Javelin or not? Now this game is full of javelin noobs who brainwashed themselves into thinking they are better than they actually are (and now they are desperately crying to prevent the only merch they can play from being nerfed). The old community(players that were playing 10-12 years ago) used to be much better, when something in any game was op everyone used to agree that it is unbalanced. But now online games are full of kids who want to keep unbalanced stuff. This game used to be fun but if SD decided to listen to those kids this game is dead now.

(Melinder) #2

@TheFpsPro27 said:
But now online games are full of kids who want to keep unbalanced stuff.

Blonde bang cry baby punk kids

(Trestos) #3

The game isn’t called Dirty Bomb anymore. We call it Dirty Rocket now

(LifeupOmega) #4

Still waiting for snipers to be removed before anything.

(Melinder) #5

@LifeupOmega said:
Still waiting for snipers to be removed before anything.

Preach.

(znuund) #6

It is so easy to shoot the rocket. Git gud I guess

(Your worst knifemare.) #7

Jav isn’t that bad once you get used to her.
Her ammo could use a nerf though.

(watsyurdeal) #8

It’s not happening, deal with it

(blufflord) #9

Ranked S3 is over , but that doesn’t mean S4 started. How about you wait for more than a couple of hours after S3 ended to see about any balance changes.

(Wolven) #10

Season 4 won’t start before in two weeks or so. There will surely be a patch before then. And SD might not even include Javelin in season 4 for all we know. The devs are not stupid. They know how to make games. They’ve made a few before.

Besides. Except from the ammo giving, Javelin is not that OP, when you compare her rocket to Nader, Fragger and Stoker. Keep Calm! They will tune and tweak Javelin, just as they’ve done with all the other mercs.

It’s not easy to get the balance perfect right away, even if you do internal testing. You have to start somewhere and then slowly increase or decrease the stats to try and find the balance. Even in games like Overwatch, with a huge budget and an army of devs and testers, they’re still buffing and nerfing the heroes to make the game balanced.

(Artyrim) #11

Haven’t played DB the last 3 days(since I started playing I always played at least 3-5 matches /day) because i’m kinda tired of random rockets(in every fuckin match there are 2-3 Javelins), moscow servers and 120+ pings and of noobs because min lvl 10 servers are empty in EU aka Moscow. I played and enjoyed the game for 8 months but since Javelin’s upload is really bad and ofc I miss Execution as well

@Trestos said:
The game isn’t called Dirty Bomb anymore. We call it Dirty Rocket now

For me this game is like Quake live. Rocket launcher(jav),granade launcher(nad),mine spammer(prox)(i don’t remember the name of that weapon in capture the flag) and rail gun(spark)

(Chilled Sanity) #12

I’m certain shes firing fucking cruise missiles not rockets

(bgyoshi) #13

tl;dr summary below

@TheFpsPro27 said:

!

(Press E) #14

@Lord_Coctus said:

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

(ImSploosh) #15

I think the biggest issue is that people are asking for a nerf, but either not giving any suggestions or are offering up terrible suggestions to just nerf her into oblivion like what happened to Stoker and Thunder for a while. Nerf itself seems like such a hard word, why not use fine tuning or tweaking? She does need some slight changes, although I don’t find her to be OP as she is now. Maybe a bit annoying, but then again, ANYTHING that ruins a beautiful after-kill teabag ritual is OP and annoying.!!?!?!?

:wink:

(Mc1412013) #16

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

It’s the fact that she can instagib someone from pretty much anywhere in the map with no warning by just popping out of a corner.
Sure, fragger can get similar kills without the instagib, but he usually takes good timing and aim to use properly.

Javelin doesn’t take much skill at all, which is why she needs a nerf.

Aiming that thing from across map into a small doorway isnt easy for most of us

(TheFpsPro27) #17

@ImSploosh said:
I think the biggest issue is that people are asking for a nerf, but either not giving any suggestions or are offering up terrible suggestions to just nerf her into oblivion like what happened to Stoker and Thunder for a while. Nerf itself seems like such a hard word, why not use fine tuning or tweaking? She does need some slight changes, although I don’t find her to be OP as she is now. Maybe a bit annoying, but then again, ANYTHING that ruins a beautiful after-kill teabag ritual is OP and annoying.!!?!?!?

When Stoker and Thunder were nerfed there was so many good ideas that would make them balanced but developers ignored all those good ideas.

Everytime someone comes with an idea that would prevent javelin from using her rocket in 1 second during combat and win every 1 vs 1 combat without any skill required, that idea “would make her useless”. Every other high damage explosive either takes a long time to explode(frag grenades, naders grenades and air support abilities), has tiny blas radius(sticky bombs), only works at short range(mines), emits laser/voice (air supports), travels extremely slow(nader’s grenades and molotov), takes time to spread and can not damage to targets at midair(molotov)… Simply every other explosive has a weakness that prevents them from being used during combat, but are they useless? Absolutely not. So giving rocket 1 of those weaknesses that other explosives have(longer charge time, laser pointer+voice, smaller explosion, more flinch from taking damage, slower projectile…) wouldn’t make it useless too.

(Teflon Love) #18

@ImSploosh said:
I think the biggest issue is that people are asking for a nerf, but either not giving any suggestions or are offering up terrible suggestions to just nerf her into oblivion like what happened to Stoker and Thunder for a while.

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing. :wink:

(bgyoshi) #19

@TheFpsPro27 said:
Everytime someone comes with an idea that would prevent javelin from using her rocket in 1 second during combat and win every 1 vs 1 combat without any skill required, that idea “would make her useless”.

I mean if everyone who thinks rockets are fine are skilless noob Jav mains then clearly all ideas that change rockets would make Jav useless

(ImSploosh) #20

@TheFpsPro27 said:

@ImSploosh said:

When Stoker and Thunder were nerfed there was so many good ideas that would make them balanced but developers ignored all those good ideas.

Everytime someone comes with an idea that would prevent javelin from using her rocket in 1 second during combat and win every 1 vs 1 combat without any skill required, that idea “would make her useless”. Every other high damage explosive either takes a long time to explode(frag grenades, naders grenades and air support abilities), has tiny blas radius(sticky bombs), only works at short range(mines), emits laser/voice (air supports), travels extremely slow(nader’s grenades and molotov), takes time to spread and can not damage to targets at midair(molotov)… Simply every other explosive has a weakness that prevents them from being used during combat, but are they useless? Absolutely not. So giving rocket 1 of those weaknesses that other explosives have(longer charge time, laser pointer+voice, smaller explosion, more flinch from taking damage, slower projectile…) wouldn’t make it useless too.

Yes, unfortunately the developers ignore the ideas from the community. It’s the same way in every game, even games that have suggestion forums. Most ideas are never even acknowledged (and I’m talking about the good ones, not the common bs ones).

Some people have offered some good tweaks for Javelin, but who knows what SD will do. I fear that they’ll nerf her into oblivion somehow. You’re right, there’s tons of ways she could be altered and still maintain effectiveness. My worry is that they’ll just go straight to her damage and drop it down to nothing like what happened with Stoker.

Also, I’m not saying nerfing her would make her useless, just worried that is what’s going to happen. To be honest, I rarely get killed by Javelin. If I encounter her in a 1v1, I can either shooter at her head to kill her before the rocket fires, run away/dodge, or shoot at her hands and make her blow up. At first it seems impossible to counter, but once you play as her and against her a little, you begin to understand her strengths and weaknesses. Also, the majority of abilities allow for at least one cheap kill every 30 seconds or less. You don’t want to make it so she can’t get any kills with her ability (like what happened to Stoker).