The Javelin Update

(Mc1412013) #41

Why are there no us objective servers in served browser only stop watch but eu still has obj in server browser

(iNormal) #42

@Mc1412013 said:

@iNormal said:
Can you guys add back the Merc’s loadout bundle (which can be bought with credit)? Or just reduce the credits price of a single loadout from 17500 to… 10000 so we can less spending time on a frustrating grinding and enjoy the game more?

Why cant u grind and have fun at same time

• I’m kinda busy

(bgyoshi) #43

@boerhae said:
Where is shoe? @stayfreshshoe I mean I love you Pinflux but shoe is shoe

He’s in Germany this week

(Melinder) #44

@-outcast- said:
Why mess with the MOA sniper? Was it broken? Was it game changing at higher levels? Was anyone complaining about it? Yes, because I rarely see anyone playing it for more then 1 minute, and I NEVER see anyone that wants another person playing it lol.
This just rendered Vassili completly useless. It was already pretty useless and with thunder’s shield theres really no point playing it. 3 shots to the body is alot in a fast paced game like this…when you get to silver officer playing vassili you have to be really good and hit those headshots YOU’ll NEVER EVER going to get 2 body shots, if you are actually trying to move and be usefull to your team, let alone 3.
This messed with the most important thing Vassili had for me, that was bringing balance to the game, when there are big Mercs like Rhino holding to that healthstation. Where you could do enough damage to them that WITH HELP FROM A TEAM MATE, you could dream of taking it out. Think about it.
It was never a game breaking merc, can actually set your team back in some situations. And its a merc every new player dreams of playing, everyone that reachs lvl4 (7 or whatever it is this days) goes immediatly for Vassili. Yet you choose to do this ;(
Hope you guys reconsider.
Sry for bad London.

Outcast

You pretty much just said “I can’t be useful as a bad sniper anymore”. The headshot damage is untouched, and to be quite honest, this nerf wasn’t enough, they still deal too much damage to the body.

(Eox) #45

Two posts removed. Let’s not start a drama.

(TheFpsPro27) #46

There is a way to make this update much better: NERF OR REMOVE JAVELIN.

(Ptiloui) #47

I think the Javelin nerf will only come with the release of the next merc (in about 6 weeks)

(Pokeking593) #48

@Mc1412013 said:
Why are there no us objective servers in served browser only stop watch but eu still has obj in server browser

Because the devs appear to be using those servers exclusively for testing their new queue system for casual matchmaking. This is why I haven’t played DB since Javelin was released as why the hell should we have to wait 3-7 minutes for a game when we could have just found and joined a server via the browser in less than 30 seconds when playing without a group? The game already has a matchmaking system that tries to balanced out the teams (it often fails horribly though), so there is no reason we’d need or want to have to wait longer to do what we could have done already.

Since the MM system needs some work, why would I want to play a game mode (stopwatch) that has me stick with a team longer than other modes if there’s a good chance the teams will be unbalanced? With the US objective servers not available to the server browser, we Americans have to ether play on servers where we have to wait almost a full second before our shots “hit” in a fast paced game where you can live or die by simply being slow on pulling the trigger when not playing sniper, or risk the 10-20% chance getting stuck with a team that can’t even far from spawn for 20 minutes or longer.

Oh sure, you can initiate a vote to balance the teams via “skill” (it actually balances by score and not k/a/d ratios which means you could still be stuck with a team stuck in/near spawn), but the amount of votes needed is 1 more than there are players on a team, meaning your entire team AND one person from the other team has to vote yes for a team scramble, which is complete bullshit. Pending votes of all kinds need to be both more visible AND require less yes votes.

@TheFpsPro27 said:
There is a way to make this update much better: NERF OR REMOVE JAVELIN.

Damn right. The RL is undoubtedly OP if people can easily get 2-3 insta-gib kills on full health players over an area that is larger than Arty’s salvos. The rocket being destructible with only 20-ish hp is only a downside if you’re up against a rhino or a player who is both lucky AND smart.

@Ptiloui said:
I think the Javelin nerf will only come with the release of the next merc (in about 6 weeks)

6 WEEKS?! HELL! NO! I presumed that by a week or two the devs would have realized that from the amount of people calling out Javelin’s RL as OP they would do something, but it seems they don’t even bother reading comments to their steam news releases.

Normally I am barely salty enough for sodium and chlorine to crystallize, but the issues from this update are bad enough for a prospector to think about investing.

(KeithTalent) #49

Can you make a way to disable the friends interface so it does not pop up every time and obscure the objectives? Also, can you make a way for us to see what our daily objectives are once we are in a lobby? I can’t seem to see anywhere to do this now. Thank you.

(Outblast) #50

there seems to be an update today. Is this a fix for this update or something new?

(Pokeking593) #51

@Outblast said:
there seems to be an update today. Is this a fix for this update or something new?

I wish. It’s just bugfixes and “improvements” to casual mm. Heck, some of the “improvements” are even getting hate, and I don’t think they’re useful.

(F4T4L1Z3D) #52

Anybody knows when can we expect Javelins nerf? Games are already unbalanced enough without her jumping around the map

(Cleanlybomb) #53

Just adding in my desire to see Javelin removed too. She’s broken and everyone knows she’s broken. That’s why you see 3-6 every game. Every. Single. Game.

If she ever becomes available in ranked, every ranked match will be 4 Javelins and an Aura.