The Byblos maps will be released

(sd2009) #61

I agree with you. We should, nevertheless, always remain optimistic and confident. This Great game deserves every effort to stay alive.

(ronboy) #62

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

(sd2009) #63

I prepared two maps and I prepared my two new (win7 and win8.1) laptops to resume working on the last one. I gave up working with Macintosh hardware. If I am not interrupted by any event, the third map should be finished in a few months. I hope to release the three maps in Summer 2015 or in Christmas 2015. I am striving to keep my promise. One map is known to the community but I retouched it and added some new stuff. I am using the last release of gtkradiant 1.6.4 but I am unfortunately forced to use the bspc.exe of gtkradiant 1.4 since the newest release does not know the -opt _b0 _b1 parameters… I tested the new binaries successfully though. With two HD laptops the game looks cooler and if one fails, I still have a backup laptop.

(ronboy) #64

This is great news. Thanks for informing us that you’re still alive, sd2009. :slight_smile:

(vicpas) #65

You was absent from here, sd2009.
Nice to know that you is still in action.

(Mateos) #66

Nice news, thank you for the heads up :slight_smile:

(sd2009) #67

The package will contain sp_muenchen2.pk3 too and maybe a final cutscene bonus.

(ronboy) #68

Sounds good to me. Keep up the hard work! :smiley:

(melc_av) #69

Hello sd2009,
The pacckage will contains 3 byblos levels and sp_muenchen2?
Thanks in advance!

(sd2009) #70

Hello Everybody,

Yes, you will get three maps and sp_muenchen2 on top of them. Maybe, I shall add a final cutscene as a bonus too. :wink:

I have been working on the last map since yesterday… Everything is ok so far and I am highly motivated!

(ronboy) #71

[QUOTE=sd2009;522822]Hello Everybody,

Yes, you will get three maps and sp_muenchen2 on top of them. Maybe, I shall add a final cutscene as a bonus too. :wink:

I have been working on the last map since yesterday… Everything is ok so far and I am highly motivated![/QUOTE]

Great news. Thanks for informing us. :slight_smile:

(sd2009) #72

I am still working very hard…

(sd2009) #73

Hi,

During the tests I am getting this error message when the player gets killed:

Error:
G_LoadGame: entitynum out of range (1416, MAX = 1024).

I searched the web and found a lot of cases. Even one pointing to the source code of the game (rtcw).

Does any one know what is the reason? Did you have this case before? This is happening sporadically.
I am testing with rtcw 1.41 under Win 8.1. I did not test with win 7 yet.

I checked the number of entities in radiant 1.6.4. They do not exceed 461 entities.

This error occurs with sp_bybloscat (Byblos Catacombs) only. It is a small map compared to sp_byblosharb and sp_bybloscastle.

Any clues?

Thanks,

sd2009

(ronboy) #74

[QUOTE=sd2009;527160]Hi,

During the tests I am getting this error message when the player gets killed:

Error:
G_LoadGame: entitynum out of range (1416, MAX = 1024).

I searched the web and found a lot of cases. Even one pointing to the source code of the game (rtcw).

Does any one know what is the reason? Did you have this case before? This is happening sporadically.
I am testing with rtcw 1.41 under Win 8.1. I did not test with win 7 yet.

I checked the number of entities in radiant 1.6.4. They do not exceed 461 entities.

This error occurs with sp_bybloscat (Byblos Catacombs) only. It is a small map compared to sp_byblosharb and sp_bybloscastle.

Any clues?

Thanks,

sd2009[/QUOTE]

Hello, sd2009. You probably need to reduce the number of entities in the map. According to the error message, you have 1416, and the limit of all entities combined is 1024.
This is why I’m interested in the ioRTCW engine, because some bugs are fixed and some limitations are removed.

(vicpas) #75

Hello, sd2009.
Verify if you have other pk3 files on your Main folder.
I had this error when i was making level 5 from addon Alone_at_War and after removed some pk3 files this error disappeared.
All work fine making levels on Pure RTCW game.

(sd2009) #76

Hello Vicpas,

I cleaned the main folder. But in win7 it does not happen, because maybe you are right, the main folder under win7 is empty! Everything is ok now. I am proceeding. You will get a nice package this summer. Have nice times.

The package contains several surprises. Its name is Return to Castle Byblos…

(ronboy) #77

[QUOTE=sd2009;527495]Hello Vicpas,

I cleaned the main folder. But in win7 it does not happen, because maybe you are right, the main folder under win7 is empty! Everything is ok now. I am proceeding. You will get a nice package this summer. Have nice times.

The package contains several surprises. Its name is Return to Castle Byblos…[/QUOTE]

Good for you, sd2009. We are looking forward to your work. :slight_smile:

(sd2009) #78

Hi,

The last map is almost done. I am having a problem with the q3map2 compiler during phase bounce 8 after I added a spiral-shaped stairs. Does anybody have a solution for this problem? The map compiles in less than one minute without the bounce 8 parameter but the lighting is not optimal. A scissors-shaped stairs compiles fast, and within 6 minutes with bounce 8, but it does not look as nice as a spiral stairs. I am using q3map2 x64. I tried dozens of modifications with no success at all. Only if I remove the light completely from the spiral stairs, the q3map2 compiles fast with bounce 8 with the spiral stairs.

Thanks.

(-SSF-Sage) #79

Have you tried func grouping the stairs and applying _lightmapscale 2 or 4 to it? Also why do you need bounce 8? 2 or 4 seems just as fine to me. I use 2 myself on all my maps.

(Mateos) #80

-approx [value] will also reduce the lightmap data, it was used for ET vanilla maps: surfaces without enough lightmap data will be vertex lit instead

The bounce lever is one of the longest processes anyway :confused: