Support Quake Wars now or make a new one?

(Nail) #21

[QUOTE=edxot;500661]i have no clue

if i remind correctly, you gave me some reputation in the past too.

so, you better ask to yourself: dont i have something better to do ?[/QUOTE]

I thought about it for a while, nope

(Rex) #22

Fixed. +humanitychars

(cloudhalo) #23

Well its a great game in terms of moving away from the modern fps that didn’t get the attention it deserved upon its release because it was released with other big shot games-1
stream might re release it which can only mean it will get another shot at gaining more player base so it wouldn’t be totally dead if it was made to be f2p http://steamdb.info/app/10000/ -2
I can go on but you get the point after all you’ve been playing for a long time and understand the game play better than me, but maybe your question was rhetorical?.

(cloudhalo) #24

Well its a great game in terms of moving away from the modern fps’s gameplay, in which etqw didn’t get the attention it deserved upon its release because it was released with other big shot games-1
stream might re release it which can only mean it will get another shot at gaining more player base so it wouldn’t be totally dead if it was made to be f2p http://steamdb.info/app/10000/ -2
I can go on but you get the point, after all you’ve been playing for a long time and understand the gameplay better than me, but maybe your question was rhetorical?.

I don’t know if it cost anything to make a game f2p but if it was a-lot of money I would be okay with them not doing it, but if the price isn’t that bad or they don’t pay nothing, then they have nothing to lose since this community has stated countless times this is one of the best fps and is very addictive.

(Sniper47) #25

I miss the original QW so much, my first mp game:(
Right now you can find me in BFBC2/BF3/BF4 as Sniper047

(cloudhalo) #26

Well its a great game in terms of moving away from the modern fps’s gameplay, in which etqw didn’t get the attention it deserved upon its release because it was released with other big shot games-1
Steam might re release it which can only mean it will get another shot at gaining more player base so it wouldn’t be totally dead if it was made to be f2p http://steamdb.info/app/10000/ -2
I can go on but you get the point, after all you’ve been playing for a long time and understand the gameplay better than me, but maybe your question was rhetorical?.

I don’t know if it cost anything to make a game f2p but if it was a-lot of money I would be okay with them not doing it, but if the price isn’t that bad or they don’t pay nothing, then they have nothing to lose since this community has stated countless times this is one of the best fps and is very addictive.

You got your wish buddy.

(edxot) #27

btw, dont let the game die while i am gone (my back-up monitor died too).

my sugestion for suporting the game:
create a server, and allow only supreme commanders. which will create a very risky ground for cheaters. stackers with fake nicks wont have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those less skilled gamers to have a more rewarding experience.

(tokamak) #28

Custom maps can be impressive individual feats but simply didn’t ever came near the stock quality.

(Chronicler) #29

I guess that depends on how you measure.

If measured in fun I have had more fun on some of the 40-50 custom maps there is, on maps such as Meltdown and Sky (which I love).

Don’t have to see it as vanilla and custom competing, custom merely adds a new dimension to the game.

(edxot) #30

if they decide to make a new one, it may be a good idea to change some c_vars from client to server side.
those that are related to lag.

(Rex) #31

I share your opinion.

[QUOTE=edxot;500964]
my sugestion for suporting the game:
create a server, and allow only supreme commanders. which will create a very risky ground for cheaters. stackers with fake nicks wont have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those less skilled gamers to have a more rewarding experience.[/QUOTE]

my suggestion for supporting the game:
create a server, and allow only smart players. which will create a very risky ground for idiotic morons.
forum trolls won’t have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those public players to have a more rewarding experience.

(Dthy) #32

Oh, I see :frowning:

(edxot) #33

[QUOTE=Rex;501839]
create a server, and allow only smart players. which will create a very risky ground for idiotic morons.
forum trolls won’t have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those public players to have a more rewarding experience.[/QUOTE]
create a tournment (6v6), to play etqwpro but allow heavy vehicles too. which will create a very risky ground for someone with aim.
gamers won’t have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those public players to have a more rewarding experience (without kid trolls).

(Crytiqal) #34

[QUOTE=edxot;501933]my suggestion for supporting the game:
create a tournment (6v6), to play etqwpro but allow heavy vehicles too. which will create a very risky ground for someone with aim.
gamers won’t have a chance to play too (obviously). it will also leave room in standard servers for those public players to have a more rewarding experience (without kid trolls).[/QUOTE]

Or lets create a cup but you can only play if you stink at the game so the outcome isn’t predetermined.

PS: anyone have a spare key?

(Landsurveyor) #35

Isn’t Dirty Bomb supposed to be the new team-based frenetic objective game? I’d be playing that now if I could get the beta to work.

ETQW has always lacked players. I will never understand why they didn’t leave Wolf:ET for this game. It’s a superior game with vehicles. As long as I can log on ten or 15 years from now and play ETQW 4v4 at 3 in the morning I can’t ask for more.

(Rex) #36

Because ET players have a different mindset. They want an exact copy of their old game just with better graphics. Superior game with vehicles in your opinion, but the vehicles were one of the main reasons why ET players hated it.

(alphabeta) #37

Shooters hated vehicles. But vehicles allowed players without the same 20/20 vision and fast twitch reflexes level the playing field a bit.

(Gumpert) #38

I agree with Alphabeta, I love infantry and hate vehicles. I rarely get into them, and I’m not the only one. So in a sense the automobiles, gives players more dimension and you dont have to rage because you have crappy aim; just get in a vehicle practice and spam it most of the maps. Soon the whole enemy’s team will come after you :). But for the topic sake they won’t reboot the game, they will probably make a new one for money sakes, I just hope they keep the same objective/teamplay aspect and the way the models move including the strafe jumping which you cant do in most fps.

(edxot) #39

Because its more hardware demanding, and for another reason too. Unless you have a map with 12 anansis, 12 titans, etc … the game will always be a bit unfair (unlike Wolf:ET).

btw, i totally forgot it over the years, but the fact is that i know who owns the game.
no price will be enough, just forget any buying attempts.
good news though, the owner was trying to improve it. and considering what i saw, expect some major improvement in the future.

(DanDares) #40

Agree, ET community should be updated theirs game experience by switching to ETQW - best and the only class-objective bases team fps with vehicles). I know people still playing quake1 duels and its kinda fun for them, but it looks like a bit retarded stick to one game for 15 years.

ETQW-2 plot: After years of war with, GDF defeated and earth was populated by stroggs, GDF who survived make their own rebel/guerilla squads and trying to resist and ‘this gonna be a, long long war’

ETQW-2 game features: no pure stock classes, custom classes and weapons with some limitations, buy armor, weapon u need, abilities etc. Or tons of classes with different features, grenade sets, abilities and unique features, for example u can spawn monster or make a robot, or ability to set special traps or give teammate aura of speed or something. Abilities and feature grow up with xp and some kind of special team interaction, for example hacking 2 radars gives infiltrator ‘class’ special ability to ‘ghost’ (make invivsible on time) his teammate or engi after gaining some engi’s xp, he can like selection update the titan or update certain teammae armour, weapon etc.

So the idea is: some custom space for custom classes, tons of unique abilities and updates via using gained xp on teammates stuff. Also making game more dynamic i offer some kind of ‘runas’ that appear on map in some place randomly or depending on something and collecting this runas get team some advantage or harvesting some minerals/weed/whatever give team some resourses for updates, builds - kind of team advantage - so fighting take place not only on objects but on some kind of ‘choke points’.

Its very basic ideas not detailed, think everyone got their ideas how game should looks like.

Some ideas take from team fortress quake 1 mod called ‘Custom TF’ made by community - main feature is - no classes - make your own custom class, got like 10.000 money and u can buy weapon, armor, abilities etc. Its like tons of possible classes and combinations
http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Prozac-TF