Strawpoll: If Kira had an Obsidian Skin you can choose, what loadout(s) will you pick?

(K1X455) #1

Anticipating that one day Joaquin’s Cult Kira will be out as an obsidian skin, I made a strawpoll to find out what would be the choice loadout by those to intend to pay premium for getting an obisidian version of her GenII loadouts. That is, how many $12.99 skins will you get if you can choose the loadout offered?

(martha_smith) #2

no , it’s not that good ,

need design improvements .

(Da_Mummy) #3

One
And that would be the one I would consider the best as with every obsidian yet. It’s just not worth it to pay that much money for cards you would never use.

(hawkeyeguy99) #4

Unless if they release a GOOD obsidian for Fragger, Turtle, or Bushwhacker I’m not buying. Too much money to spend for characters I never play.

(K1X455) #5

There are currently obsidians for Fragger in RS4 Shop

(hawkeyeguy99) #6

@K1X455 said:
There are currently obsidians for Fragger in RS4 Shop

Yes but not a character re-design like all of the other buyable ones have been. (aka phanto, pheonix, Arty, Fletcher, etc.) It’s just a skin, not a re-design. (Also already have both lol)

(Teflon Love) #7

The obvious choice for a Kira Obsidian would of course be a skimpy Japanese schoolgirl outfit. Add loose socks and some taunts that educate the current internet generation about Japanese 70’s exploitation cinema (exhibit A) and maybe some strawberry pants to make the manga crowd happy. Introduce it at the same time as a battle royal mode, which is inspired by a another Japanese movie (though originally it was a book). Throw in a candle trinket for good measure (as cleverly disguised reference to Japanese wax torture movie scenes). Or maybe a yo-yo trinket to honor the Sukeban Deka franchise?

Of course this would go against the comparably respectful female outfits DB has so far, but after a sell-out like the Phantom & Hunter update, who cares, right?.

(Press E) #8

I’d only buy one, probably the S74, because I’m one of the few people who actually learnt how to use doubletime. I have a lot of other cards for her in cobalt or special edition, and the S74 is the only one I’m missing in a higher rarity than bronze.
Even if I didn’t have other cards for her, I’d probably only still buy one though. I don’t flip-flop between cards very often.
Who doesn’t pick a katana loadout for kira though, tsk tsk.

Also, I doubt cult kira will make it in, at least without some heavy modifications. It just doesn’t fit well enough with the other obsidian operatives, and the devs already changed Phoenix to fit better.

(l2c) #9

Dreiss/Katana. Without doubt. Unless she by that time can use an automatic, then that + katana :<

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #10

Probably one with Dreiss. Don’t really care which.

(GatoCommodore) #11

@teflonlove said:
The obvious choice for a Kira Obsidian would of course be a skimpy Japanese schoolgirl outfit. Add loose socks and some taunts that educate the current internet generation about Japanese 70’s exploitation cinema (exhibit A) and maybe some strawberry pants to make the manga crowd happy. Introduce it at the same time as a battle royal mode, which is inspired by a another Japanese movie (though originally it was a book). Throw in a candle trinket for good measure (as cleverly disguised reference to Japanese wax torture movie scenes). Or maybe a yo-yo trinket to honor the Sukeban Deka franchise?

Of course this would go against the comparably respectful female outfits DB has so far, but after a sell-out like the Phantom & Hunter update, who cares, right?.

i just knew what loose socks are
SD ples use this for kira. I didnt know i have a thirst for these things.

(Guziol) #12

Damn, looking at the poll and you people have shit taste in loadouts.

(Your worst knifemare.) #13

Dress + Stilleto. I already have the Br16+ Katana loadouts in the Eagle skin so might as well use a stiletto to cultify people.

(ThunderZsolt) #14

Is the poll over already? I can’t vote for some reason :’(

Anyway, D44 is my fav.
Dreiss, katana+quickdraw, explodydendron - what else would you want?

(K1X455) #15

Remember, there’s no RNG involved and you get to choose which loadout so the price of US$12.99 should allow you to make multiple picks.

(Xenithos) #16

@martha_smith said:

Holy crap. I’m agreeing with you. I personally think it’s truly dumb to take an ex aviator scientist who literally has control over a laser, and theme a loadout where she worships said laser and dresses up as a cultist. Maybe for Halloween someday sure, but as an Obisidian? Give her a lab coat or a sciencey looking armor… not a joke.

(Artyrim) #17

DreiAss,katana,aoe
I never liked the other 2 weapons,are for women only ( no offense )

(Your worst knifemare.) #18

@Xenithos said:

@martha_smith said:

Holy crap. I’m agreeing with you. I personally think it’s truly dumb to take an ex aviator scientist who literally has control over a laser, and theme a loadout where she worships said laser and dresses up as a cultist. Maybe for Halloween someday sure, but as an Obisidian? Give her a lab coat or a sciencey looking armor… not a joke.

“Worship the pillar of fire!”

(Xenithos) #19

@Lord_Coctus said:

@Xenithos said:

@martha_smith said:

“Worship the pillar of fire!”

But I always took that as her joking around as she KILLED PEOPLE with a LITERAL PILLAR OF DEATH. Not as her throwing away all her intelligence and knowledge of how it worked just to go and become an “occultist” worshipper of her very own laser beam…

I know it’s a joke, but I just cannot wrap my head around why people want a skin that’s so contrary to who she is. Like, she even has quotes about how people mis-see her and judge her personality because of the colossally destructive laser she has.

(Sorotia) #20

@GatoCommodore said:

@teflonlove said:

i just knew what loose socks are
SD ples use this for kira. I didnt know i have a thirst for these things.

Basically just want to make the obsidian Kira to be one big walking stereotype? Definitely going to need a Katana loadout then…

<.<