Steedium Mines b3a

(Violator) #1

The new version got its debut on Nirvana where we had some good close matches and a good turnout (now that the world cup is over lol).

http://symo.me.uk/estate/downloads/zz_viomine_b3a.rar

Will autodownload when connecting to Nirvana server.

This should be the pre-final version now, remaining bugs are:

Can get to access tunnel prior to laser being fired via the small tunnel, the back of the blocking wall by the lift shaft is caulk
GUIs for the transmit on the gun don’t display at all on server. Don’t know why this is, it works fine offline.

Fixed in b3a (since Sunday):
Mystery rock outside the strogg spawn
Docs mission icons being for construction objective

(Scrupus) #2

Thanks for the fixes, seems to work fine :slight_smile:

Was fun to test it, and things works pretty well now.

It was great to get rid of the pit of death, and the new water pond around the mining laser works much better. But I wonder if the water pond is maybe a bit too tight at some places, especially in front of the mining laser - a bit hard to get through there. Maybe increase it a little bit in front.

That’s all I can think of for now - thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

(Violator) #3

You are right about the end of the laser, I’ve moved it a bit so you can run around there now. Also fixed the access tunnel exploit.

(Violator) #4

Time to necro this thread :slight_smile: Scrupus I’ve PMed you a link to the detail mask to replace the one which was using crud textures. Here’s what it looks like with the proper ones now -

(Ashog) #5

wow, nice :slight_smile: will test it tomorrow!

so what was the problem? did you find it out? i am currious why it happened only for some people

(Khamul) #6

I hope i will see 16v16 this map:P

(Violator) #7

[QUOTE=Ashog;387215]wow, nice :slight_smile: will test it tomorrow!

so what was the problem? did you find it out? i am currious why it happened only for some people[/QUOTE]

Basically I used the wrong textures for the detail masks :o

(Violator) #8

b4 - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21051440/zz_viomine_b4.rar

Fixed detail textures + 16k MT
More room around the laser
wav -> ogg
tga -> dds

(Ashog) #9

thanksman!

(Scrupus) #10

nice, updated on server now :slight_smile:

(Violator) #11

Coolio :slight_smile: I won’t be around tonight but let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

(taw_m0nsta) #12

Tested it, works fine here!

Just 3 small things i noticed:
The ground/floor inside (where you pickup the crate) have a strange reflection when you walk.
The second processor (where you transmit) doesn’t show the percent on the screen, the first and third one worked.
The nice new ‘end screen’ when you transmit the last crate, the laserblast animation was only visible for like 1 second, would not hurt if it was 3 or 4 seconds.