Splash Damage in 2012 - A Message From Paul Wedgwood

(dazman76) #41

Nice to hear from you again Paul, it’s been quite some time :slight_smile: Looking forward to hearing SD’s announcements in 2012. More cautious this time, but definitely optimistic :slight_smile: Best of luck with all your plans.

(Pytox) #42

Wolfenstein:ET Modern Warfare

(TwwIX) #43

You can start this new year by giving everybody who bought BRINK a refund. It’s an overhyped, bland and generic shooter that plays more like a budget title that you see churned out by some South Korean studio every couple of months than a big budget, triple A title. It’s one of the worst titles of 2011.

Shame on you!

(Ruben0s) #44

I don’t want a refund, but I want their next game to be good and not get nominated by multiple sites as worst game of the year or most dissapointing game.

(AKAMrSmiley) #45

Lulzie, people are asking for an ET3 that feels and plays the same with updated graphics… Please god no, something new and innovative… Just lets make sure its not slow, clunky and plays like **** like the last one. Aliens are fine too, it is all about the game play… and even if I cared about the backdrop as much as the playability, the millionth WW2 setting FPS doesn’t sound appealing. Honestly wouldn’t even mind if ya’ll did a RTS / MOBA if it played well and required in-depth strategies and there was a lot of room for intense micro/macro, though I’d be sad that one of the few FPS companies that I still believed in dropped the genre. Whatever it is I told myself I wouldn’t get hyped up for a SD game again after Brink but after not finding anything new that I could hold onto since then you’ve managed to get me hyped up. I’m hoping I don’t have to wait to long, but at the same time try not to let you’re fanbase / publisher dictate when the game is supposed to be ready. Please just get out a fun and finished product that has been tested extensively on all platforms it is on this time. :smiley:

(Loffy) #46

You can start this new year by giving everybody who bought BRINK a refund. []text text]

Take the pain! Take. The. Pain!

(Which movie btw?)

(Dormamu) #47

[QUOTE=Loffy;392030]Take the pain! Take. The. Pain!

(Which movie btw?)[/QUOTE]

Is it Platoon? :smiley:

(Loffy) #48

Yep. Great movie. Apocalopse now is better though.
Back to thread: Go ahead, release what ever ur planning. I’ll buy it.

(timestart) #49

SD announce “Beat Loffy Up: The Game”

(Oko) #50

well, things have changed a lot over the last years … every new game on PC nowadays has become console like and is far away from what PC gaming was once, years ago… You know it and you know where you come from :slight_smile: …that’s why all the people like your games…still… U rock! :smiley:

I’d guess if U want to reach the “core” again it’s time to think about a new business model some kind similar to what Avalanche Studios did with “The Hunter” … yes/ no we don’t want that…but…
It’s sad to say (speaking as a hardcore fan) that seems to be the only way to reach the core again and keep games/gameplay back to the roots as it was once :stroggbanana: imo

sorry for writing mistakes… I am german that should explain everything … and we do not walk goose step anymore …no! :D:tongue:

(TheSgtBilko) #51

Will be interesting to see …

As long as:
It is developed for PC.
Has Map- and MOD Kit
Has Linux DS
Anyone can run a server.
DS open for customization

(suj8) #52

Yes ! Hoping SD’s announcements for 2012 will have a few pleasant suprises for everyone

(macbeth) #53

ET revisited lol

(MXF.CN) #54

How about a ETQW game on Stroggos?

(EDOGAWA_JAPAN) #55

:orbital: We want the next generation ETQW :armadillo :

(pleiadan) #56

ETQW : strogg’s planet !!! We want it !!! Still, I would pay for new officials ETQW maps and a game update, I know many others would also.

(taw_m0nsta) #57

Have been playing Rage: The Campaign (Mac) this week, and my gosh it looks fantastic. Would love to see ETQW2 being dressed up with the new ID5 engine. With some new movement/gameplay stuff from Brink + some total new vehicles + a smoother way to provide users custom content/maps/mods.

(Verticae) #58

Rage has some good sides, but the gunplay in it felt a bit clunky. Still, smoother movement than Brink - barring the invisible wall - so that’s a plus.

(tokamak) #59

ETQW: Take It To Stroggos :smiley:

Oh the way I’ve been fantasising about TITS all these years, I’ve some really good ideas.

(MoonOnAStick) #60

The low resolution textures took me right out of the moment when playing Rage. Some look better now with the upsampling patch, but others are just beyond help. It’s a real shame too because the artwork is obviously fantastic (particularly in the hubs). Don’t know how suitable idtech 5 is for other games. The world felt a little too static and indestructible. The gunplay was reasonably solid for me though (especially considering the console focus).