Splash Damage Captures Bigger Headquarters, Promptly Creates Spawnhost

(badman) #1

A new blog post has been added:

Splash Damage Captures Bigger Headquarters, Promptly Creates Spawnhost

After nearly five years in our offices, we’ve just moved to a building of our own for the very first time in the studio’s history. The industry has changed a lot in the past couple of years, with digital distribution becoming commonplace and games being run as a service that runs for several years, with sweeping updates throughout their lifetime.

With our new building, we’re able to create a space that’ll let us take full advantage of where the games industry is going, with dedicated areas for development, live ops, and support. There’s also a whole bunch of meeting and gaming areas, and we’ve got a ton of extra space for the future too (hello, community days!).

To celebrate our new home, we thought we’d take a look back at the illustrious gang of buildings we’ve occupied over the years. Photos ahead:
Continue reading…

(Mustang) #2

Nice article, I particularly liked the photo that looks like everyone’s taking a fag break outside of Berkeley House.

(mitsuhiko) #3

That’s probably just a picture of the fire alarm going off again.

(badman) #4

That was us looking at the space just before moving in, actually. :smiley:

(Diddakoi) #5

How it has grown …Arnout obviously hadn’t discovered Specsavers in Eden Park group shot…

(Salteh) #6

We finally turned off the lights at Elmfield Road this past weekend, calling time on an era that saw a frightening number of fire alarms (none of them real, luckily) and the ever-present, soothing ambience of Poundland’s eccentric customers just below our studio.

Oooh, Poundland! :smiley:
I remember buying the dolphin at Poundland!

(http://www.warchest.com/img/section_team.jpg and attachment)

(badman) #7

…that was a pound well spent!

(DarkangelUK) #8

3 offices and I still haven’t been to any… I’m going to complain to my local MP about this!

(congrats on the new office)

(rookie1) #9

Brand New Building or there was someone in there before SD ?
Looks Huge .Share your excitements ,I once worked hard in a very tiny warehouse and we made an All time record sales year …Comp. constructed a Huge warehouse/office for us with all latest tech .I saw the ‘blockout’ :stuck_out_tongue: and the raise of the new building .
Great moments in my life experience :slight_smile: ,Was like going from a little shack to a Castle :slight_smile:
Happy New Home SD :slight_smile:

(iwound) #10

Congrats and good luck on the move.
tbh i thought you all lived in east st above the chippy. :confused:

(Breo) #11

Would be awesome if that mech was really in front of the building :smiley:

(rookie1) #12

thought of that too…yep + would be nice tourist attraction :slight_smile:

(Dormamu) #13

This new building need’s a party, a huge party with loud music, lan party, twitch video coverage, cakes, B(e)acon and open bar Strog Liquor.
:penguin: :stroggbanana: :stroggtapir:

Keep the light on!

(system) #14

There are things that will happen in your home throughout your life that will have negative effects on your attitude. An accidental event here or there will occasionally put a damper on your day. Nothing more true could be said of the effects that water damage can have on your home. As a matter of fact, experiencing water damage in your home can be one of the worst things that could possibly go wrong. Since this happens quite often in the kitchen, let’s review some simple ways to avoid water damage in that specific room.

latest mini projects in java
latest mini projects for cse in java