Spawncamping

(freshRequiem) #1

Too much Spawncamping?
In my opinion, there’s way too much Spawncamping in Stopwatch mode. Of course I can understand that you want to win but do you really have to use such nooby tactics to win? You could also prove your real skill by actually fighting them fairly. I just want to know your opnion about this but I think it’s useless adn also really annoying for the people that are getting spawncamped.
What’s your opinion nad what are your experiences with spawncamping?

(BlackboltLW) #2

Eh, once my team went spawncamping I usually just sit back and playing around with abilities, because honestly, spawncamping are expected if the spawncamped team can’t even coordinate to push back the enemy at all.

(nokiII) #3

Spawncamping is a vital tactic in this game, learn to deal with it or sit in spawn and get killed, your choice.

(freshRequiem) #4

Maybe I’m just too used to CS:GO :smiley:

(Thai-San) #5

Spawncamping in this game usually shows that the camped team doesn’t really have a chance anyways. If DB would have something that prevented spawn camping like NPC turrets that kill potential spawncampers the camped team will most likely get slaughtered somewhere else.
Also this would break some maps where running through enemies spawn is a possible way to get out of combat or flank like Terminals and Bridges last stage defender spawns for example.

(frostyvampire) #6

Agreed. The spawn protection in the game is very poorly made and I see spawn camping a lot.

Dirty Bomb needs a spawn system like in Overwatch and tf2:
-A locked area with doors or barriers that only the team that the spawn belongs to can access
-Inside the respawn room, there will be a huge box which upon touch will instantly heal you and refill your ammo (instant reload + the amount of clips you respawn with. But it won’t give you the extra clip that ammo packs, crates and stations give)
-You will be able to change your merc inside spawn

Then, in maps that have a spawn that moves a bit and after about a minute, it moves even further (like Underground where after destroying first objective), there should be a capture point (like on Terminal) and the spawn will move once it’s captured by the attackers, but it will be a one time capture only and the defenders won’t be able to capture it back or reverse the capture progress done by attackers

(frostyvampire) #7

Agreed. The spawn protection in the game is very poorly made and I see spawn camping a lot.

Dirty Bomb needs a spawn system like in Overwatch and tf2:
-A locked area with doors or barriers that only the team that the spawn belongs to can access
-Inside the respawn room, there will be a huge box which upon touch will instantly heal you and refill your ammo (instant reload + the amount of clips you respawn with. But it won’t give you the extra clip that ammo packs, crates and stations give)
-You will be able to change your merc inside spawn

Then, in maps that have a spawn that moves a bit and after about a minute, it moves even further (like Underground where after destroying first objective), there should be a capture point (like on Terminal) and the spawn will move once it’s captured by the attackers, but it will be a one time capture only and the defenders won’t be able to capture it back or reverse the capture progress done by attackers

(LifeupOmega) #8

Wow what a great idea, so instead of getting killed people just won’t push, just like in TF2 and PS2. This hasn’t been shot down before at all for obvious reasons.

Spawn doors just move the spawn camp outside the doors, it doesn’t help at all. It’s a bandaid. Spawn kills are a part of this game, the spawn shield lets you shrug off the majority of that damage for 4 seconds, and after that you’re fair game. In a game with a 25 second respawn timer, how would you even help with that? Extra spawn protection time? Then you risk the enemy pushing well into the objective area and still shrugging off damage.

Players who get camped to such a degree where this can’t even help are just outmatched. In a pub? Tough, you can’t balance those. It’s your choice to leave or stay and try and break it (by playing mercs who can, not the usual garbage compositions you see). In ranked? Forfeit exists.

(DirtyDav) #9

I have an idea: get gud. ;D

If you don’t like the way a match is going, leave. It’s not their fault they’re better than your team. The idea is to try to win, remember?

(ostmustis) #10

Spawnkilling is a part of the game and dont see any problems with it.

Spawncamping usually isnt fun for either side but its just a symtome of vast difference in the teams skill. If ppl play ranked it would be a rare occurance with a way out.

ps “prove your real skill by actually fighting them fairly” there is no fair when they play with op mercs D;

(Dr_Plantboss) #11

There are no “OP” mercs. Some mercs are more powerful, but every merc has their counter. Ex:

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
Rhino/Redaye, Aimee, & Vassili
ect…

(watsyurdeal) #12

Personally I’d like to have spawn doors so to speak, always liked that aspect of TF2. But those still didn’t stop spawn camping, it’s a matter of a team keeping pressure so tight that they can’t fight back.

(ostmustis) #13

[quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]
There are no “OP” mercs. Some mercs are more powerful, but every merc has their counter. Ex:

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are

(Dr_Plantboss) #14

[quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Give me a merc, and I will tell you how to beat them reliably using 1 merc at a time.

(DirtyDav) #15

[quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-215222”][quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Give me a merc, and I will tell you how to beat them reliably using 1 merc at a time.[/quote]

Javelin

(Dr_Plantboss) #16

[quote=“r2dav2;c-215583”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-215222”][quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Give me a merc, and I will tell you how to beat them reliably using 1 merc at a time.[/quote]

Javelin[/quote]

As we have no solid stats for this merc as of yet (Hurry up, SD!), I will have to wing it. We know Javelin has a rocket launcher, so let’s say she get 1 shot every… 18 seconds. So we have a medium AOE high (probably 150-200) damage attack every 18 seconds. This ability is effective at range, so a sniper is not going to be a major advantage. Not here’s the question: do we use a fast merc to dodge the RPG, or a tough merc to tank the damage? Here’s what I pick…

[center]THUNDER[/center]

If he can pull off a successful conc, he can use it to close distance. He can’t dodge well, but if he isn’t directly hit, he can tank a lot. If he uses the MK46 he can gun Javelin down from close range after concussing her. If he uses the Stark he can take her down at range. With the Timik, he can be effective at medium range.

(DirtyDav) #17

[quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-216173”][quote=“r2dav2;c-215583”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-215222”][quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Javelin[/quote]

As we have no solid stats for this merc as of yet (Hurry up, SD!), I will have to wing it. We know Javelin has a rocket launcher, so let’s say she get 1 shot every… 18 seconds. So we have a medium AOE high (probably 150-200) damage attack every 18 seconds. This ability is effective at range, so a sniper is not going to be a major advantage. Not here’s the question: do we use a fast merc to dodge the RPG, or a tough merc to tank the damage? Here’s what I pick…

[center]THUNDER[/center]

If he can pull off a successful conc, he can use it to close distance. He can’t dodge well, but if he isn’t directly hit, he can tank a lot. If he uses the MK46 he can gun Javelin down from close range after concussing her. If he uses the Stark he can take her down at range. With the Timik, he can be effective at medium range.[/quote]

Now Turtle.

(Dr_Plantboss) #18

[quote=“r2dav2;c-216185”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-216173”][quote=“r2dav2;c-215583”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-215222”][quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Javelin[/quote]

[center]THUNDER[/center]

If he can pull off a successful conc, he can use it to close distance. He can’t dodge well, but if he isn’t directly hit, he can tank a lot. If he uses the MK46 he can gun Javelin down from close range after concussing her. If he uses the Stark he can take her down at range. With the Timik, he can be effective at medium range.[/quote]

Now Turtle.[/quote]

Arty. If there’s no open sky, Rhino.

(DirtyDav) #19

[quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-216288”][quote=“r2dav2;c-216185”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-216173”][quote=“r2dav2;c-215583”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;c-215222”][quote=“ostmustis;214912”][quote=“Dr_Plantboss;214898”]

Aura/Phantom
Phantom/Redeye
ect…[/quote]

yes there are[/quote]

Javelin[/quote]

[center]THUNDER[/center]

Now Turtle.[/quote]

Arty. If there’s no open sky, Rhino.[/quote]

Bzzzz! Wrong answer! It’s Thunder, 'cause he counters every merc.

You were right with Javelin at least :slight_smile:

(bgyoshi) #20

Spawn camping is more often than not just a sign of bad team balance.

However, what most people call spawn camping in this is just being killed right outside of spawn, where as spawn camping is actually being killed upon spawning in (unable to make any player actions before death). This game does have protections against that, but at the same time, they’re easy to exploit.

I dunno how many times I’ve used Proxy or Fletcher to sit at the top of the first attacker spawn escalators in Underground, or the middle attacker spawn escalators, and nuke players as soon as they make a move action, but it’s enough that I stopped doing it. Similarly, I stopped playing Chapel because sniping directly into attacker middle spawn and defender final spawn for free kills, and as basically a REQUIRED attack/defense strategy, got old really fast.

In general, this game is worse than most other games about spawn camping prevention, but at the same time, the majority of ‘spawn camp’ cases are still just bad teams being bad.