So what's the deal with the rhino spam?

(Bluesquid0630) #1

Mostly seen this only on server browser. Running into groups of high level players all playing rhino. Isn’t always impossible to play against (as long as your team is competent) but having to deal with it is pretty annoying. A lot of times they lock down the objective turning a game of stopwatch into a team death match. This causes a problem as neither team are really receiving any objective exp and only combat exp. for those of us grinding stopwatch matches for cheer, this only wastes our time.
(This is just my own personal experience with this that I’ve had over the course of the winter event. It’s not very often, but it’s often enough to cause a little concern)

(Xenithos) #2

… As far as I knew, Cheer is dependent on time played, not performance or amount of matches played. So the primary argument mentioned seems flawed, though I would have to say that DOES sound somewhat annoying.

However, just get a group of Stokers to play, those Rhinos won’t know what hit 'em. Well, they will because they’ll be screaming in agony… IN AGONY.

(ThePigVomit) #3

One phantom and the healthstation suppository feeding them goes away as well.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #4

Rhinos are large creatures. If only we had a heavy weapon to hunt them with, maybe some kind of rocket launcher…

(Press E) #5

A long time ago there used to be an entire clan of rhinos, all hacking with massively reduced spread to kill anyone anywhere in the map.
I had always assumed they were banned though, but I never did see what happened to them.

Not gonna name and shame, but did they happen to have a two letter clantag?

(Da_Mummy) #6

Well you know how fun it is to play last objective Dockyard against a team of:
Rhino, Turtle, Guardian, Aura and Arty
Good luck doing anything against that.

(Your worst knifemare.) #7

@Da_Mummy said:
Well you know how fun it is to play last objective Dockyard against a team of:
Rhino, Turtle, Guardian, Aura and Arty
Good luck doing anything against that.

Phantom/Kira

(Da_Mummy) #8

@Lord_Coctus
Sure if anyone of our team brought Phantom to Ranked and if we had more than one Kira. It’s just really frustrating I know it’s not impossible

(znuund) #9

nader is known to be a rhino feeder… with nades.

(GatoCommodore) #10

i thought rhino not as good as before since they remover his ability to do headshot?

(Mc1412013) #11

@ThePigVomit said:
One phantom and the healthstation suppository feeding them goes away as well.

And you all said phantoms useles lol

(Press E) #12

@GatoCommodore said:
i thought rhino not as good as before since they remover his ability to do headshot?

The headshot multiplier was only 1.1x anyways, so it’s not really as big of a deal. And because of the massive spread, aiming for the head wasn’t practical anyways, and only resulted in random headshots at range without consciously aiming for one.

(LifeupOmega) #13

They needlessly buffed him so all the shitters crawled out of the woodwork to ruin the game.

(Sorotia) #14

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:
Rhinos are large creatures. If only we had a heavy weapon to hunt them with, maybe some kind of rocket launcher…

But everyone got it nerfed to hell because they were so butthurt that they got killed by it. So no one plays her anymore because she just gets progressively weaker and weaker.

(Sytry) #15

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

Javelin was used to kill rhino and after nerf is been useless against rhino with med station.

(GatoCommodore) #16

@Sorotia said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

But everyone got it nerfed to hell because they were so butthurt that they got killed by it. So no one plays her anymore because she just gets progressively weaker and weaker.

i feel javelin is still powerful if you know how to swing the rocket.

people need to start treating javelin like kira where you need to slave the laser manually to get the best result

(Press E) #17

@GatoCommodore said:

@Sorotia said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

i feel javelin is still powerful if you know how to swing the rocket.

people need to start treating javelin like kira where you need to slave the laser manually to get the best result

At least kira’s laser is reasonably consistent though. Sure it’s a pain to call down initially, but once it’s down it’s pretty easy to guide it wherever you want.

The rocket on the other hand is not only very difficult to control, but also buggy as hell. I’ve had it blow up just passing too close to a wall without touching, or just ignore where I’m pointing altogether, even without a phantom.

(kopyright) #18

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

Makes sense if you are defening on an EV map, but the attackers are more likely to switch out the explosive/artillery mercs for others who are more objective-oriented. Dockyard against a Rhino stack made me uninstall the game over the holidays.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #19

They shouldn’t have made him cheaper…he’ll become a crutch for newb players.

(Xenithos) #20

@LifeupOmega said:
They needlessly buffed him so all the shitters crawled out of the woodwork to ruin the game.

I would barely call what they did buffing him. And Rhino isn’t that incredible right now anyway. He’s just fairly decent when the enemy team isn’t paying attention and you know how to play him.