So...unannounced project?

(Shinigami) #21

I thought you guys were joking around with the whole gears of war remaster, but it seems like its a real thing. How did you guys even know this??

Either way, I can’t express how disappointed I am as both a Brink fan and a PS4 player.

(.Chris.) #22

Well, guess they have to make some money somehow?

(Crytiqal) #23

Why can’t they just release W:ET + etpro mod on Steam ?? god damn it!

(Nail) #24

doesn’t belong to them, although Bani would prolly go for it, I think he still wants a new Mac

(Crytiqal) #25

Yea but since W:ET is now open source, is it legal to push it through Steam Greenlight, giving the appropriate credits ofc?

(twt_thunder) #26

No, Betseda still owns it I belive

(.Chris.) #27

Afaik, only the code is open source as well as the map sources, everything in between isn’t. (Textures, sounds, models etc) Also the name isn’t open source so you couldn’t use that either.

(Crytiqal) #28

So what could you actually do with the code if not edit it and recompile?
You’d have to alter ALL the models too before you could release it?

For example,ET:Legacy, how does that work? or ET:Live, or RtCWCoop?

They are (or will be made) available to the public to download and play, but its not allowed to use a distribution channel, like Steam?

(Ashog) #29

Imho yeah, some new Batman MP again.
Maybe vs Superman? :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #30

Well ideally you’d say “I’m thinking of releasing this” and they’d tell you what to change to make them happy, but this is Bethesda.

(William Faure) #31

Following the results of this poll, I think it could be a remake of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
Some people will say they don’t have the rights for such a new game, but a deal with the actual owner is totally possible.
Although note that this only my opinion. However it would just be totally amazing! I would love to play in a remade Goldrush map!

(Nail) #32

A deal with ZeniMax is possible in the same sense as it’s possible Dee Snider and Dennis Rodman are aliens

(William Faure) #33

[QUOTE=Nail;527864][QUOTE=TITEUF-85;527859]Following the results of this poll, I think it could be a remake of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
Some people will say they don’t have the rights for such a new game, but a deal with the actual owner is totally possible.
Although note that this only my opinion. However it would just be totally amazing! I would love to play in a remade Goldrush map![/QUOTE]

A deal with ZeniMax is possible[/QUOTE]
One other fact, wish is interesting to note, is that The New Order and The Old Blood episodes had no multi-player mode — maybe Splash Damage made a deal with ZeniMax, in order to develop a remake of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory with the game-play made by Machine Games. Maybe this potential remake would run on the id Tech 5 engine.

These are just theories but don’t forget next E3 and other events are coming in June and later, towards the half of the year. So we will know about this soon. I really hope it is a remake of this amazing game!

(BioSnark) #34

Zenimax has ET as well as Wolfenstein?

(edxot) #35

what for ?

(Nail) #36

ZeniMax owns idSoftware and all it’s products

(Crytiqal) #37

To keep the community active, spread the game to new people, clean up the cluttered servers from all the custom downloads, to piss you off is a bonus.

(edxot) #38

i could not care less. i was just curious why it would be important to you.

(Shinigami) #39

[QUOTE=Fluffy_gIMp;526056]ooooooOOOOoooh the speculation :smiley:

There will (possibly) be more info on this towards the second half of the year ;)[/QUOTE]

stares

The second half of the year went by and still no news. Stop torturing us! At the very least send me a private message telling me info on the game. I can keep a secret :smiley:

(Fluffy_gIMp) #40

[QUOTE=Shinigami;544125]stares

The second half of the year went by and still no news. Stop torturing us! At the very least send me a private message telling me info on the game. I can keep a secret :D[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure that was Gears of War Ultimate Edition, there is of course more in the pipeline :wink: