Snipers

(Joe999) #1

^^ finally! snipers, go play elsewhere! :smiley:

(SUK_A_FACE) #2

[QUOTE=Joe999;267151]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/something-for-brink/711463

^^ finally! snipers, go play elsewhere! :D[/QUOTE]

lol true that when they announced that i just started laughing cuz i knew there were gonna be a bunch of scrubs crying that they cant stack their K/Ds and they gotta use skill

(1234567) #3

I love how the dev guy said, “the Barrett Sniper sounded like God coughing”. Awesome.

(Seyu) #4

Seems the red aura is going to stay.

(Diablo85) #5

Based on what? All I saw was old footage, or did he mention something about it?

Effective hip fire comfirmed again :cool:, cool interview.

(Kinjal) #6

(Seyu) #7

You’re right, that’s old footage in the interview but it is present in the “Choir of Guns” trailer too which is fairly recent.

(EcafNoGav) #8

Lol, he’s such a douche but in a good and funny way. Though I love sniping and (depending on the game) the skill to reward ratio is usually more than fair - and the best snipers don’t usually sit on a hill away from the action - I can understand them wanting to cater to every nub.

I hope they put as much focus on getting good netcode going so people with ****ty internets don’t get the advantage like in most recent games.

(Apples) #9

Yeah, because its well known that sniper is easy task… Especially indoor in a game as fast as QW :rolleyes:

(DarkangelUK) #10

I’d like to see how easy it was with quickscope removed…

(Murderous Pie) #11

The red aura is there so that people without a good TV screen or bad eysight or something don’t get shot in the face by people they don’t notice.

(Seyu) #12

Doesn’t that make the all the different customization for the two factions nothing more than a gimmick? How will a colorblind guy differentiate between the red and blue radiation?

I don’t care much about the redundancy of customization but that the red aura will give away the player’s position and eliminate the stealth. Which I think is unfair anyone playing as a light build.

(system) #13

Love guys who speak what’s on their minds and don’t **** around.

Love that firing from the hip is still viable, got used to ironsights in BC2, but still prefer to fire from the hip once in awhile.

(Apoc) #14

As you know he was being sarcastic, and Sniping close range in etqw is very difficult, much harder than any other aim related role.
Also Cod:Bo pretty much has quickscope removed, you cant shoot till it has zoomed for about half a second.

This is my bro and me on QW and on Cod

Sniping close range is the hardest way to play, and most people do it for a challenge, people dont apreciate that the guy killing you 75% of the time with a sniper close range would kill you 100% of the time with an assault rifle…

To be honest i dont mind that they have changed the power of snipers, i really dont mind. I think its quite good and a welcome change…however you shouldnt just belittle quickscoping like that, especially in quake wars…That required alot of skill due to the speed and hitboxes.

(MrX) #15

No snipers is a good thing.Also hip firing suits me best .I dont want to
sacrifice my precious strafe abilities:D

(Kryptyk Samurai) #16

[QUOTE=Apoc;267202] people dont apreciate that the guy killing you 75% of the time with a sniper close range would kill you 100% of the time with an assault rifle…
[/QUOTE]

Bwaaahhhaaaahahahha, so you’re telling me that when you use an assault rifle you are invincible? Dude, you should join a professional gaming circuit…you’d own…oh wait sorry, that’s “pwn”.

I have no problem with snipers, but comments like that make me laugh.

To get back on topic, Splash Damage is taking a risk here and I love it. By that I mean, many a gamer out there who depend on sniping will be forced out of their corners and they are not going to like it. Of course, when those who have not followed the development cycle of the game will be shocked at first, then angry, and finally proclaim this game is horrible simply for the lacking of a high powered, one hit kill weapon. When they leave the Brink community, good riddance. Those who adapt and become team players…welcome.

(Apples) #17

I lol’d :slight_smile:

1V1 war naaaaaao!

(Tec) #18

[QUOTE=Kryptyk Samurai;267206]Bwaaahhhaaaahahahha, so you’re telling me that when you use an assault rifle you are invincible? Dude, you should join a professional gaming circuit…you’d own…oh wait sorry, that’s “pwn”.

I have no problem with snipers, but comments like that make me laugh.

To get back on topic, Splash Damage is taking a risk here and I love it. By that I mean, many a gamer out there who depend on sniping will be forced out of their corners and they are not going to like it. Of course, when those who have not followed the development cycle of the game will be shocked at first, then angry, and finally proclaim this game is horrible simply for the lacking of a high powered, one hit kill weapon. When they leave the Brink community, good riddance. Those who adapt and become team players…welcome.[/QUOTE]

They just forcing you to play as a team for objectives and not as individual.
As you said it’s a risk but not a game breaking.
You can still die by one sniping shot if you low on health.

(Loffy) #19

The Hammer strikes!

(DouglasDanger) #20

I dislike snipers. That take the fun out of the game for the majority of the players, especially if they are good snipers.

I think the aura thing is the color-coding for fire teams. It was talked about in an interview somewhere.