Slap My Face Devs

(Free2Buy) #1

I created an account just to make this point.

While it is about time you offer a pack to unlock all characters, how about giving that pack to anyone who has already spent a certain threshold of money in the game?

I have spent over $100 in the game and do not have all the characters and only 1 cobalt due to crap RNG. This feels like a slap in the face that all of the sudden now you offer a system that I could have spent half that in. Unlocking characters with in game currency is basically impossible unless you only play this game and play it A LOT!!!

(Shenaynays) #2

playing devils advicate here.

Think about it from the devs perspective, it’s a f2p game and if all the content of the game was available from the start of the game, people would get bored real quick. Unpopular opinion here; The game as it is doesn’t really have the greatest progression system as it is, they hid away your level on cmm and effectively working to create cobalts is the only thing that you really have to work for and as you said its taken a while to get.

But I definately agree with you, people who invested money into this game have got gut punched one too many times now.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #3

Maybe spend that $100 on the mercs rather than on cases?
Also, unlocking characters doesn’t take that long with in game currency, especially now.

(GatoCommodore) #4

spends $100 dollars for mongolian tile shuffling case
gets angry at RNG

lel, whos in the wrong here?

(Xenithos) #5

OP’s username checks out.

(TR_Kama) #6

i been in this game since 2015, i missed the founders packs, so getting the “limited edition” obsidians was my next goal so far i bought all of them apart from Aimee, but wait they’re not limited anymore
it dont exactly inspire you to part with more money, but it’s ok because SD are sorry FML

(Shenaynays) #7

@TR_Kama said:
SD are sorry FML

now for the big part, actually fixing the issue and trying to rebuild the trust that many people have lost.

A poorly executed or even underwhelming update is something people have gotten over, look at the ReV boosters, you needed 9/10 to actually get any increase for case drops. But I can see this having a much longer lasting effect

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #8

@Free2Buy said:
I created an account just to make this point.

While it is about time you offer a pack to unlock all characters, how about giving that pack to anyone who has already spent a certain threshold of money in the game?

I have spent over $100 in the game and do not have all the characters and only 1 cobalt due to crap RNG. This feels like a slap in the face that all of the sudden now you offer a system that I could have spent half that in. Unlocking characters with in game currency is basically impossible unless you only play this game and play it A LOT!!!

(Nail) #9

I;m truly not sure here, which obsidians were re-released ?

edit: watched latest vid, now i see,

(Begin2018) #10

I think I got all mercs around level 35 and they were at 50k. Then I was able to buy new mercs day one.

(GatoCommodore) #11

@Begin2018 said:
I think I got all mercs around level 35 and they were at 50k. Then I was able to buy new mercs day one.

i have all the mercs on level 71

for ethical reasons (fletcher was very OP back then)

(K1X455) #12

@GatoCommodore said:

I still don’t have rhino :o

(GatoCommodore) #13

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Rhino shotgun is less OP than Fletcher tho

(Begin2018) #14

Well, I spent all my credits to buy mercs, nothing else : No craft, no box, then it was really fast.

(Free2Buy) #15

I agree you can unlock them if you grind out just this game for hours a day, but for a casual gamer like myself its insane. I also have bought quite a few. Just doesn’t make me want to play to pay so much and have so little.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #16

@K1X455 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Took me a while to get Rhino

for ethical reasons
(although, I do play Rhino when I’m feeling extra devilish)

(GatoCommodore) #17

@Free2Buy said:
I agree you can unlock them if you grind out just this game for hours a day, but for a casual gamer like myself its insane. I also have bought quite a few. Just doesn’t make me want to play to pay so much and have so little.

no its not insane, try playing stopwatch and the daily mission
that alone would give you around 1500 per 3 hour i think

if you can score first in a 15 minute stopwatch you also get pretty nice amount of credits.

even i who plays really average can get 30-50K a week

(JonBongNoJovi) #18

Saying 14 of the mercs are now cheaper it in theory should be quicker to obtain all , as others have stated by level 30 you should have them all , tho before it was easier to obtain loadout cards also , recently with all changes made it seams to be harder for newcomers to get cards in general.

(Ptiloui) #19

@JonBongNoJovi said:
Saying 14 of the mercs are now cheaper it in theory should be quicker to obtain all , as others have stated by level 30 you should have them all , tho before it was easier to obtain loadout cards also , recently with all changes made it seams to be harder for newcomers to get cards in general.

On the other hand, you don’t really have to get cards now default loadout have three augments. And the fact that there’s no more lead and iron cards. All in all, beginning now is way cheaper than it was in the past.

(JonBongNoJovi) #20

@Ptiloui What i’m getting at is that in early days with trading up there was more of a feeling of progression , discovering and testing different augment loadouts to find what suited you , now with the cost of cases x5 what they used to be and fragments for crafting it will be harder for newcomers to obtain cards .