Since the FEL-IX is useless now, can Aimee got a MoA?

(frostyvampire) #1

tl;dr: title

The recent update nerfed the FEL-IX into trash tier. And it doesn’t look like it’s going to get buffed anytime soon (considering how slow balance changes come).
Vassili is a slow merc and supposed to play slow. Aimee is a fast merc that you are supposed to move a lot with. But now, the Grandeur got nerfed again and FEL-IX now fires so slow that you can’t play it aggressively anymore, it leaves Aimee with no benefit over Vassili. She is still faster, but her speed is useless with the Chinese FEL-IX and the bad Grandeur.
She has no machine pistols to back her up after missing the first shot and I don’t think she needs them either, her gadget is a lot easier to counter than Vassili’s, she is squishy so you will die a lot if you push with her now and don’t hit the first shot. Before the nerf she was able to fire 2 shots before it being a confirmed death, or fire 1 shot, fall back behind a corner, reload and then fire another before being destroyed, now it’s no longer possible because you will die before you reload.

That leaves us with 2 solutions:

1. Buff FEL-IX, make it useful again
  2. Give Aimee a MoA so Vassili doesn’t overshadow her completely.

The MoA does 138 damage with a headshot which is enough, and if you combine it with SNITCH debuff you can deal 172 damage just like the FEL-IX. And it still fires fast enough to be played aggressively and go for a second shot after killing an enemy before they get revived. Only problem is that Vassili is too slow for it and it’s a lot easier to do with Aimee. Also most Vassilis will just pull out their pistol if they miss the first shot

Edit: if she does end up getting a MoA in the end, it should replace the FEL-IX while keeping the same augments and secondary/melee in gen 3 (F82 will turn into MO82, F51 will be MO51 and etc.). And please give us the option to convert our gen 2 into gen 3 so I don’t lose my cobalt F82 : 3

(dusannfs) #2

@frostyvampire said:
tl;dr: title

The recent update nerfed the FEL-IX into trash tier. And it doesn’t look like it’s going to get buffed anytime soon (considering how slow balance changes come).
Vassili is a slow merc and supposed to play slow. Aimee is a fast merc that you are supposed to move a lot with. But now, the Grandeur got nerfed again and FEL-IX now fires so slow that you can’t play it aggressively anymore, it leaves Aimee with no benefit over Vassili. She is still faster, but her speed is useless with the Chinese FEL-IX and the bad Grandeur.
She has no machine pistols to back her up after missing the first shot and I don’t think she needs them either, her gadget is a lot easier to counter than Vassili’s, she is squishy so you will die a lot if you push with her now and don’t hit the first shot. Before the nerf she was able to fire 2 shots before it being a confirmed death, or fire 1 shot, fall back behind a corner, reload and then fire another before being destroyed, now it’s no longer possible because you will die before you reload.

That leaves us with 2 solutions:

1. Buff FEL-IX, make it useful again
  2. Give Aimee a MoA so Vassili doesn’t overshadow her completely.

The MoA does 138 damage with a headshot which is enough, and if you combine it with SNITCH debuff you can deal 172 damage just like the FEL-IX. And it still fires fast enough to be played aggressively and go for a second shot after killing an enemy before they get revived. Only problem is that Vassili is too slow for it and it’s a lot easier to do with Aimee. Also most Vassilis will just pull out their pistol if they miss the first shot

Edit: if she does end up getting a MoA in the end, it should replace the FEL-IX while keeping the same augments and secondary/melee in gen 3 (F82 will turn into MO82, F51 will be MO51 and etc.). And please give us the option to convert our gen 2 into gen 3 so I don’t lose my cobalt F82 : 3

I’ve always seen that as the perfect solution, even more now. It would be lovely to at least have some options. If nothing, just fix the bugs then; the game feels even more laggy post update than ever!

(JJMAJR) #3

No.

I highly dislike recons being the only classes that snipe and have 3 sniper classes out of 4 already.
Can we just make Aimee use another weapon entirely?

(frostyvampire) #4

@JJMAJR said:
No.

I highly dislike recons being the only classes that snipe and have 3 sniper classes out of 4 already.
Can we just make Aimee use another weapon entirely?

We only have 2 sniper classes in the game.
Vassili being a tanky sniper, only having access to sniper rifles (but you have to be dumb to not use MoA on him). You should stay behind with him and maybe sometimes push with your machine pistol when your team decides it’s time.

Aimee is a squishy but fast sniper, she relies a lot on her mobility. But since the FEL-IX is now useless, Aimee is now an F tier sniper. And because Grandeur got nerfed too much too, she can’t use it either. Meaning Aimee at her current state is pretty much useless.

Redeye is not a sniper, he is more of a marksman. He has a lot of health and his weapons are made for mid range combat (I don’t count PDP because why would you ever use it, why does he even have it). If you try to play him like a sniper you are doing it wrong, and you don’t really use your smokes effectively. If you smoke yourself, that’s not their purpose. If you snipe, then you can’t throw your smokes in good spots most of the time unless you push forward, throw it and fall back but that’s just dumb considering how slow he is.

The only viable sniper after FEL-IX nerf is Vassili. Aimee should be the 2nd viable sniper (but I do agree we don’t need a 3rd sniper to be added unless they make him very unique but I doubt it).
Having an option to play a tanky but slow sniper and a fast but squishy sniper seems to me like a good thing to have.

But with the FEL-IX nerf, Aimee is no longer viable. Giving her access to MoA will make her viable again and will give us back the option of a tanky slow sniper vs a fast but squishy sniper.
I used to main Aimee before the nerf because I prefer playing as a female and the fast speed made her feel really fun to play, but now I just can’t play her anymore. Sure I can still get kills and do my job, but I can’t play her the way she was designed to be played as because if I miss the first shot, I get no second chance. And I can get twice as many kills with Vassili, he is a bit slow for the fast playstyle but he still works a lot better than Aimee at it because if the faster fire rate

(Guziol) #5

Felix still works but it’s a bit clunky to use. PDP aimee is fantastic. It goes very well with the snitch enabling 1hit kills on 120hp mercs. Grandeur is a joke and it’s dead to me.

(frostyvampire) #6

@Guziol said:
Felix still works but it’s a bit clunky to use. PDP aimee is fantastic. It goes very well with the snitch enabling 1hit kills on 120hp mercs. Grandeur is a joke and it’s dead to me.

I haven’t sunken that low yet to use the PDP. And I hope I never will. That gun needs a full rework or just be removed from the game

Yes the FEL-IX works, but nowhere near as MoA. If you miss 1 shot, you don’t get a second chance unless very long range and the enemy has too much self confidence and decides to fight a sniper long range.
You also can’t kill an enemy and then finish them, if there is a medic nearby, they will get revived before you get the 2nd shot, if you finish them, then you just used 5 seconds to get 1 single kill and you can’t kill an enemy that was close to the enemy you just killed

(Guziol) #7

Snipers were easy mode for the longest time. Anything that makes them harder is a good change. Pdp also needs nerfs still imo.

(frostyvampire) #8

@Guziol said:
Snipers were easy mode for the longest time. Anything that makes them harder is a good change. Pdp also needs nerfs still imo.

Have you ever tried playing snipers? Or are you just salty because you can’t counter them?
New FEL-IX is pretty much useless while the MoA is still strong.
Also this post isn’t about buffing the FEL-IX (even though I have a post like that), it’s about giving Aimee access to MoA SNPR-1

PDP needs a full rework, it’s an auto sniper. It’s not supposed to deal so much damage and it’s not supposed to have such a slow fire rate with high recoil. But let’s not go off topic

(GatoCommodore) #9

@frostyvampire said:

@Guziol said:

Have you ever tried playing snipers? Or are you just salty because you can’t counter them?
Also this post isn’t about buffing the FEL-IX (even though I have a post like that), it’s about giving Aimee access to MoA SNPR-1

PDP needs a full rework, it’s an auto sniper. It’s not supposed to deal so much damage and it’s not supposed to have such a slow fire rate with high recoil. But let’s not go off topic

well, i got that cobalt aimee with good PDP loadout
i probably only used it like 5 times, the post-shot recoil is so big, its like shooting musket on a sail ship inside a storm

also the capacity is pretty crap for a semi auto sniper

(hoyes) #10

I suggest these changes to snipers:

-Make headshot damage 3x

Felix:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 57(from 72)*hs damage pretty much the same(171)

-Increase rate of fire to 40rpm (from 32) *this is just to make the rechamber less clunky and more reasonable at getting multikills compared to the moa (also the audio should be fixed, it is completely out of sync)

Moa:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 46(from 60)*hs damage the same

PDP:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 34(from 50)*hs damage now 102(from 100)

-Increase mag size to 9(from 8)

Grandeur:

-Reduce damage to 27(from 36) *hs damage is now 81(from 72) and can only one headshot , one bodyshot phoenix now, due to the increased reliability. Can once again one shot aura/sparks.

-Reduce spread increase by 10%

-Reduce horizontal recoil by 20%

-Reduce mag size to 10(from 12)*in order to reduce the effectiveness of potential spam

-Reduce rpm to 164 (from 180)*again, to limit spam

These would in general make them more skillful and more fair to fight against, as well as making the grandeur even more efficient at being a marksman rifle that can be hipfired, and rewards timed headshots from the hip at medium range.

(Guziol) #11

@frostyvampire said:

@Guziol said:

Aimee is my 2nd most played merc with ~60h. Mostly used felix. It was braindead easy.

Edit: less hours than i thought but still. I play a wide variety of mercs and snipers are pretty much top played.

(frostyvampire) #12

@jooshoyes said:
I suggest these changes to snipers:

-Make headshot damage 3x

Felix:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 57(from 72)*hs damage pretty much the same(171)

-Increase rate of fire to 40rpm (from 32) *this is just to make the rechamber less clunky and more reasonable at getting multikills compared to the moa (also the audio should be fixed, it is completely out of sync)

Moa:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 46(from 60)*hs damage the same

PDP:

-Reduce bodyshot damage to 34(from 50)*hs damage now 102(from 100)

-Increase mag size to 9(from 8)

Grandeur:

-Reduce damage to 27(from 36) *hs damage is now 81(from 72) and can only one headshot , one bodyshot phoenix now, due to the increased reliability. Can once again one shot aura/sparks.

-Reduce spread increase by 10%

-Reduce horizontal recoil by 20%

-Reduce mag size to 10(from 12)*in order to reduce the effectiveness of potential spam

-Reduce rpm to 164 (from 180)*again, to limit spam

These would in general make them more skillful and more fair to fight against, as well as making the grandeur even more efficient at being a marksman rifle that can be hipfired, and rewards timed headshots from the hip at medium range.

46 and 57 is a huge damage difference though and it will just make the FEL-IX better. 46 damage can’t even 2 shot bodyshot Phoenix while 57 can 2 shot any 110hp merc. That’s way too big of a difference.
MoA should stay like it is now, only the FEL-IX needs a buff to fire rate OR give a fair trade for the super slow fire rate (AKA instagibs on 100hp mercs and 1 shot kill Rhino)

PDP needs a full rework. It needs new damage values, new fire speed, new magazine size, new recoil pattern, new everything.

Grandeur could just be reverted to the pre-nerf state with 32 damage bodyshots and 80 headshots

@GatoCommodore said:

@frostyvampire said:

@Guziol said:

well, i got that cobalt aimee with good PDP loadout
i probably only used it like 5 times, the post-shot recoil is so big, its like shooting musket on a sail ship inside a storm

also the capacity is pretty crap for a semi auto sniper

PDP needs a rework. It’s just a dumb weapon currently. It should deal low damage (for a sniper I mean) but have a high fire rate with a good amount of ammo.
If we’re at it, 36 damage on bodyshots, 72 headshots, 11-13 bullets in a magazine, and somewhere between 120 and 160 RPM, with a recoil that let’s you hit the first 2-3 shots pretty easily but after that it will become harder

@Guziol said:

@frostyvampire said:

@Guziol said:

Aimee is my 2nd most played merc with ~60h. Mostly used felix. It was braindead easy.

Edit: less hours than i thought but still. I play a wide variety of mercs and snipers are pretty much top played.

You were either playing against noobs or you are just good then.
Snipers were not easy. Yes, bodyshooting was a bit too rewarding but hitting headshots requires a lot of skill. Nerfing the fire rate and making them useless is just dumb, they basically want people to bodyshot with the FEL-IX now.
If they want to nerf snipers, they can revert to the old snipers but decrease magazine size to 3 for MoA and 4 for FEL-IX, making missing and bodyshots a lot more punishing (since 1 kill will take you an entire magazine if you only bodyshot) (my friend’s idea btw) OR decrease bodyshot damage for increased headshot multiplier so headshots still do 150+ damage but bodyshots can only 2 shot squishies

(watsyurdeal) #13

In regards to your Grandeur ideas…no

Not even remotely good

The truth is, the only overpowered thing about the Grandeur was the fact it can one shot Aura/Sparks to the head. And so, lower the headshot multiplier to fix that.

In terms of TTK, compare it to the Timik with bodyshots

Timik

Aura: 0.545
Proxy: 0.654
Phoneix: 0.763
Sawbonez: 0.763
Skyhammer: 0.872
Fragger: 0.981

Grandeur (with 37 bodyshot damage)

Aura: 0.666
Proxy: 0.666
Phoneix: 0.666
Sawbonez: 0.666
Skyhammer: 0.999
Fragger: 0.999

Grandeur (with 32 bodyshot damage)

Aura: 0.666
Proxy: 0.666
Phoneix: 0.999
Sawbonez: 0.999
Skyhammer: 0.999
Fragger: 0.999

32 bodyshot damage is pretty garbage, as you can see, 37 is way more reasonable, and accomplishes all the goals in terms of balance. No more one shotting, and more equal dps, Timik’s is 140, this Grandeur would be 148. And arguably the M4 probably should get the same treatment, 111 rof instead of 112.

(Da_Mummy) #14

If we’re at it whys not give Redeye the MoA tha would give us 3 viable snipers since the Grandeur got nerfed why not give him a onehit killing maschine.
And why stop there just give Phantom the MoA all the Recons should have the same rights. It would be a complete balance for all the poor souls that dont get there benefit of instakills.
Take this comment very cereal.

(GatoCommodore) #15

@Da_Mummy said:
If we’re at it whys not give Redeye the MoA tha would give us 3 viable snipers since the Grandeur got nerfed why not give him a onehit killing maschine.
And why stop there just give Phantom the MoA all the Recons should have the same rights. It would be a complete balance for all the poor souls that dont get there benefit of instakills.

phantom with Fel-IX would be absolute monster

(frostyvampire) #16

@Da_Mummy said:

Because Redeye is already overpowered, giving him a bolt action will make him a must pick in every game, and a must ban in every real competitive. He already needs a nerf, giving him a bolt action is a huge buff

Phantom is a close range merc. Snipers won’t suit him unless he gets a massive rework, and it could be overpowered if it’s not done right. I’m pretty sure he had a FEL-IX once and it was removed for balancing reasons.

The role is called recon, not sniper.
The definition of recon is to give intel to the team, Aimee and Vassili have their gadget that spots enemies, Redeye can spot enemies by simply looking at them, Phantom, while he doesn’t have a spotting ability he is still a recon if you communicate with the team, he can go invisible and just call where everything is.

Not every recon needs to be a sniper, Aimee and Vassili are the only 2 snipers and I don’t think we need more than 2. Redeye is a marksman, Phantom is an infiltrator.
My problem is that Aimee having no access to MoA makes her no longer viable since the FEL-IX is a joke compared to it now. It either needs a buff, or Aimee needs to be able to use the MoA too

(Da_Mummy) #17

@frostyvampire
Did you really take that serious that was a joke
Why would anyone give Phantom or redeye a bolt action. Although it would be a great April fools prank
You actually took it serious :smiley:

(frostyvampire) #18

@Da_Mummy said:
@frostyvampire
Did you really take that serious that was a joke
Why would anyone give Phantom or redeye a bolt action. Although it would be a great April fools prank
You actually took it serious :smiley:

It looked serious to me : 3
It looks like a negative comment saying that Aimee shouldn’t get a MoA. Idk how to explain it

(JJMAJR) #19

Here’s how I define a sniper class:
They have two sniper rifles for primaries (out of 3)

Aimee, Redeye, and Vassili are sniper classes, period. There are also no other sniper classes in the game.

Hey, Grandeur sucks now! Can we give it to Arty?

(frostyvampire) #20

@JJMAJR said:
Here’s how I define a sniper class:
They have two sniper rifles for primaries (out of 3)

Aimee, Redeye, and Vassili are sniper classes, period. There are also no other sniper classes in the game.

Hey, Grandeur sucks now! Can we give it to Arty?

Redeye has no access to bolt actions. Grandeur is more of a marksman rifle than a sniper. PDP is just some trash gun for noobs that needs a massive rework or just be removed from the game. Redeye is made for mid range combat, not for sniping.

Aimee only has access to the FEL-IX, which is no longer viable compared to the MoA which makes Aimee no longer viable and Vassili is left being the only viable sniper so you have no options when playing sniper. Previously you could choose between a fast but squishy sniper and a slow but tankier sniper. Now you are forced to pick the tankier sniper because his weapon is 10 times better and the FEL-IX is trash.

Arty doesn’t need Grandeur. I won’t even bother saying more.