Since the FEL-IX is useless now, can Aimee got a MoA?

(JJMAJR) #21

You make communication about things like Aimee costly and inefficient for anyone trying to say something different. I’m being a smart-A$$ when I’m talking to you because otherwise it’s just plain unbearable.

I am actually quite frankly sick of seeing you talk about giving Aimee something that she doesn’t need to either distinguish herself from Vas or make recons more diverse.

It is of my opinion that I don’t think Aimee would ever need to have another sniper rifle since snipers right now are particularly rare and only are in one merc type. I know that is not your opinion. I am tired of talking about your opinion or mine over this matter.

However I would like to say that due to the high damage and range of Redeye’s rifles (besides Dreiss) relative to EVERY OTHER WEAPON that isn’t on the classes I listed in my previous post, those weapons are snipers, period. I won’t even bother trying to explain any more since you obviously would not nor could not listen to me.

Goodbye. If the door hits me on the way out then fuck the door. Rip it apart.

(TheStrangerous) #22

All this Sniper balance made me think about merc accessibility…

Should every merc have a golden middle, so that they please both pub and comp players?
Or should they have “skill ceiling” exclusivity? Like snipers only reserved for high skilled players, with very good aim, or for those looking for challenge? Thus some mercs only good in pubs?

Maybe trying to please everyone will please no one? I’m so confused.

I know certain weapons in TF2 were banned in comp, due to being OP there, despite having different efficiency in pubs.

(Da_Mummy) #23

@TheStrangerous said:

I know certain weapons in TF2 were banned in comp, due to being OP there, despite having different efficiency in pubs.

As a comp-medic from TF2 myself I can safely say that those banned weapons from TF2 and some strong weapons in DB are very different from each other.
In TF2 PUB´s are a bunch of idiots just Messing around. The objective is sometimes just a Thing on the side and you have a lot of subclasses that are mostly inefficient but really damn fun (Demoknight or the Memespoon aka the Market Gardener). Weapons like the old Vita-Saw were banned because in 6v6 20% Uber was a Gamebreaker but in Pups 12v12 one Medic with more or less uber really isnt that much of a difference.

DB in General is just a way more competitive game and what gets you a Godlike in PUB´s will still get you like 3 Kills in ranked wich is still considerable against even better Players.

The Problem you mentioned is thta you cant Balance a Merc around beeing effective in the Clusterfunk that is casual and against a coordinated Team of five (best example Rhino as the ruler of New PLayers, but … well good luck with him in a serious match)
After all I don´t think that balancing everything around ranked These days like the ridiculus Grandeur destruction or the unneccesary Fel-ix nerf is the right way

(TheStrangerous) #24

@Da_Mummy said:

@TheStrangerous said:

As a comp-medic from TF2 myself I can safely say that those banned weapons from TF2 and some strong weapons in DB are very different from each other.
In TF2 PUB´s are a bunch of idiots just Messing around. The objective is sometimes just a Thing on the side and you have a lot of subclasses that are mostly inefficient but really damn fun (Demoknight or the Memespoon aka the Market Gardener). Weapons like the old Vita-Saw were banned because in 6v6 20% Uber was a Gamebreaker but in Pups 12v12 one Medic with more or less uber really isnt that much of a difference.

DB in General is just a way more competitive game and what gets you a Godlike in PUB´s will still get you like 3 Kills in ranked wich is still considerable against even better Players.

The Problem you mentioned is thta you cant Balance a Merc around beeing effective in the Clusterfunk that is casual and against a coordinated Team of five (best example Rhino as the ruler of New PLayers, but … well good luck with him in a serious match)
After all I don´t think that balancing everything around ranked These days like the ridiculus Grandeur destruction or the unneccesary Fel-ix nerf is the right way

Yeah, just remembered how in TF2 comp, only 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, 1 demo and 1 medic are the most viable in comp, while the rest are situational, or something like that.
Guess the same thing applies to DB with mercs. What was it? Fragger, Sawbonez, Arty, Sparks, Fletcher, Turtle and Bushwhacker most viable in comp?

(frostyvampire) #25

@TheStrangerous said:
All this Sniper balance made me think about merc accessibility…

Should every merc have a golden middle, so that they please both pub and comp players?
Or should they have “skill ceiling” exclusivity? Like snipers only reserved for high skilled players, with very good aim, or for those looking for challenge? Thus some mercs only good in pubs?

Maybe trying to please everyone will please no one? I’m so confused.

Casual is made to have fun, mess around and learn new mercs/weapons and etc.
Ranked is made for more serious gameplay with team coordination and stuff.

I don’t mind some stuff being better in casual and worse in ranked and vise versa. Like Kiratana.

My problem is that the FEL-IX is not viable in either. It might work in casual since people are not very good there and spread around a lot so it’s easier to hit headshots and the medic won’t come in time to revive the enemy you killed so you can still gib them. But the MoA on the other hand has a faster fire rate and deals the same amount of damage (172 vs 132 doesn’t matter since only Fragger and Thunder are actually affected by it, 75 vs 60 also doesn’t matter since only Fragger is affected by it), it also has 1 more bullet in a clip and faster reload speed.

The MoA is viable in both casual and ranked. The FEL-IX is no longer viable in ranked and is still a worse option in casual. In ranked:

1. Usually the medic will be closer to the team and will revive enemies you kill before you are able to finish them. And there are often 2 medics too

2. Enemies move a lot more and know how to counter snipers better, so hitting shots is a lot harder and if you miss with the FEL-IX, that’s it. The MoA often gives you at least another shot before it being over

I agree, maybe the old snipers were both OP. But I find the new MoA balanced but the new FEL-IX is very underpowered and it’s a joke if you put them side by side.
If the FEL-IX doesn’t get buffed so it is viable again, at least Aimee should get MoA so she can stay a viable merc. We don’t need Phantom 2.0

(Da_Mummy) #26

@TheStrangerous
Yeah I guess
But in both games you can and SHOULD switch it up sometimes. I hate metas in general and I hope that mercs like Phoenix and Thunder will get their comp relevance back.

(TheStrangerous) #27

Alright, food for thought:

Randomly saw a Fortnite sniper rifle gameplay, and realized the bullet is actually a projectile, instead of hit scan.

What if Sniper rifle bullets were projectiles, or heck every guns’ bullets were projectiles and not hitscan?

(frostyvampire) #28

@TheStrangerous said:

Randomly saw a Fortnite sniper rifle gameplay, and realized the bullet is actually a projectile, instead of hit scan.

What if Sniper rifle bullets were projectiles, or heck every guns’ bullets were projectiles and not hitscan?

Dirty Bomb is not designed for very long range engagements. And hitscan fits the style of the game.
Also you forget that in Fortnite, sniper rifles are instakill no matter where they hit you, and players lack mobility there. Dirty Bomb is a fast pace game, where mobility is at least 50% of the game.

If they make bullets projectiles, then they need to buff the bodyshot damage to 120 at least. And that will just make snipers complete bullshit.
If they keep the same damage, it will make them even more useless than the new FEL-IX.

They should stay hitscan, Dirty Bomb is not designed for projectile bullets

(TheStrangerous) #29

@frostyvampire said:

They should stay hitscan, Dirty Bomb is not designed for projectile bullets

Painkiller multiplayer was faster than DB, yet the closest weapon to bolt action sniper rifle was Stakegun.

It’s like non-scoped sniper rifle firing projectiles.

(Ptiloui) #30

@TheStrangerous said:

It’s already frustrating to see bottom score vassili/aimee missing everyshot, staying back and not contributing in any way to the objective. No need to add more difficulty to sniper rifles.

(GatoCommodore) #31

@Ptiloui said:

@TheStrangerous said:

It’s already frustrating to see bottom score vassili/aimee missing everyshot, staying back and not contributing in any way to the objective. No need to add more difficulty to sniper rifles.

well thats why you could tweak the projectile speed.

it would give faster smaller hitbox mercs to dodge it (80-90 hp is justifiable now)
and bigger normal speed mercs would still be shot like usual.

(frostyvampire) #32

@GatoCommodore said:

@Ptiloui said:

@TheStrangerous said:

well thats why you could tweak the projectile speed.

it would give faster smaller hitbox mercs to dodge it (80-90 hp is justifiable now)
and bigger normal speed mercs would still be shot like usual.

It will just be bad for the game. And will make snipers completely useless if it doesn’t come with a huge damage buff that will make bodyshots do at least 110 damage. This will just make snipers bullshit

(ThunderZsolt) #33

@TheStrangerous said:

Did you play with the newest Battlefield titles?
In those every weapon shoots projectiles. What does it achieve?

• First, it requires a huge computing capacity, so the server refresh rate is 10 Hz to bypass this problem - yes, you’ve read right, your client only sends data to the server only 10 times a second.
  • Add to this, that there are weapons with 800-1000 RPM, and 2 bullets to the head kill you (4-5 bodyshots) which means even with 0ms ping you can get killed before you even see the enemy around the corner - and kill trades happen all the time.
  • Depending on projectile speed, kill trades can happen in a legit way even with ideal condition as well, if you shoot at the same time.

So in my experience it only adds problems and inconsistence.
On the other hand in Battlefield the maps are huge, and you often need to cross open areas, so hitscan snipers would be OP

(TheStrangerous) #34

@ThunderZsolt said:
Did you play with the newest Battlefield titles?
In those every weapon shoots projectiles. What does it achieve?

• First, it requires a huge computing capacity, so the server refresh rate is 10 Hz to bypass this problem - yes, you’ve read right, your client only sends data to the server only 10 times a second.
  • Add to this, that there are weapons with 800-1000 RPM, and 2 bullets to the head kill you (4-5 bodyshots) which means even with 0ms ping you can get killed before you even see the enemy around the corner - and kill trades happen all the time.
  • Depending on projectile speed, kill trades can happen in a legit way even with ideal condition as well, if you shoot at the same time.

So in my experience it only adds problems and inconsistence.
On the other hand in Battlefield the maps are huge, and you often need to cross open areas, so hitscan snipers would be OP

Battlefield? What’s that?
/jk

This is why I mentioned Painkiller. Or heck, take any ideas from Arena Shooter genre, cause of DB’s fast fast movement.

Bolt action rifles with hitscan mechanics will never have golden middle, if god like players can wipe the entire team with it.

As far as I know, bullets have drop-off in BF series, which is something I didn’t suggest.

(Da_Mummy) #35

@TheStrangerous
Wasn’t there like a merc that could delete projectiles with a skyshield… nah that would just be dumb
Like adding a medic to the game that can’t heal people am I right guys…