Show Off Your Halloween Skins Here!

(Teflon Love) #21

@CrankyPants said:
https://imgur.com/a/LmTHd

Daddy will be so mad when he sees his next credit card statement.

(binderr) #22

@Melinder said:
Well the base rate for the Shreks is 5/minute, so without the Trinket it would take exactly 40 hours of in-game time, and 26.67 hours with the Trinket.

Game One - 7 Minutes

Game Two - 10 Minutes

My sincerest apologies in advance. I know I support their greed by buying the Trinket, but I assure you that I bought it prior to knowing the disgusting pricing.

Me too, this is actually my first trinket I wanted to grind on only. Then I realized it’s a halloween’s TRICK!

another grind fest even, nice!

(Ptiloui) #23

I was waiting for this thread to appear before posting my rant :blush:

I have to say that im kinda disapointed by those skins. This is still a great work but they are basically simple recolor of actual model. I would have loved to see Stoker with a flaming pumpkin for the head, or Sparks dressed like a witch, this kind of stuff, without getting too far from the original model so they still can be recognizable for everyone (like the Obsidian skins).

But, there is an Halloween each year so all hope is not lost :smiley: And im sure they are too busy for now to do this, but it will be great to have season skin with the same level of deatils than with Obsidian ones.

(ImSploosh) #24

@Wintergreen said:

@ImSploosh said:
Too bad it takes about 20-27 hours to obtain one skin, minimum. RIP

Hey, we should be optimistic. It’s somewhat better, right? 10 bucks worth of Shrieks guarantees one special edition + we’re still able to get them from regular case drops and can very slowly earn them while playing + a trinket that boosts how much you earn. Previously the best ‘bang for your buck’ options with these events always seemed to be buyin’ the 20 dollar elite case bundles with one special guaranteed and a slim chance at getting another in the remaining 5. Yeah, it’s still awful, but at least this one is a tad bit better. Pretty sure they ran the Proxy eye thing (already forgot the name of that event) the same way. Progress?.. Hooray for optimism. :expressionless:

Actually this event is just as bad, if not worse than the others. They do this double currency thing as a way to entice people to use real money. It basically hides how bad it actually is. The conversion rate is 13:1 for Credits:Shrieks. That’s insane. The only upside to it is that they added a way to get a guaranteed card without spending money, but made it too expensive. They keep using the same terrible format, but make it slightly different every time. It still leaves us with a bad event in the end. I suppose the other upside is that you can purchase cases using either Shrieks or Credits. So screw your optimism Winter, let me complain!!! :smiley:

Honestly though, there’s been so many ideas thrown out there on how to improve these events, I’m surprised they haven’t used any of them. I only complain about these things, and things like the Javelin or Guardian cases because I WANT to support the devs. I mean, I still support them with purchases when I feel it’s worth it, but they could be getting more of my money, and others if they considered our thoughts a bit more. I think it all leads back to RNG though. When you have RNG on top of RNG and steep prices, it’s no fun for anyone, even if you pay real money to get cards.

@Melinder said:
Well the base rate for the Shreks is 5/minute, so without the Trinket it would take exactly 40 hours of in-game time, and 26.67 hours with the Trinket.

Game One - 7 Minutes

Game Two - 10 Minutes

My sincerest apologies in advance. I know I support their greed by buying the Trinket, but I assure you that I bought it prior to knowing the disgusting pricing.

I forgot I have the damn trinket already lol. So yeah, without it the Shriek earn rate is much lower and I think the average person won’t even be able to obtain a guaranteed case by the end of the event. I bought the trinket because it looks pretty cool and has a nice sound. These events are so painful for me because I want to support the devs, but I can’t do it as much as I’d like because of their pricing/paid setup. So sad. :’(

(DB Genome editor) #25

@AlbinMatt said:

@CrankyPants said:
https://imgur.com/a/LmTHd

@Djiesse JACKPOT!
You bet! @CrankyPants was also nice enough to message me directly with the links. And all the pics are exactly to my preferred specifications. :smiley:

I think you’re my new best friend @CrankyPants :wink:

First day hunting for these and I’m already down to only 7 missing:

• Aimee
  • Aura
  • Fragger
  • Guardian
  • Kira
  • Skyhammer
  • Turtle

On a side note, I’m also still looking for pics of these Ranked Season 4 skins:

• Aura
  • Sparks
  • Turtle
  • Vassili

I think Stoker, Nader, Redeye, Fragger, and Fletcher look great with these. I’m hoping to get a few more. Got a garbage Sawbones and Rhino today…

(GatoCommodore) #27

my recent purchase

because i know in this event i wont be getting any like the past 3 event skin

(Wolven) #28

@Djiesse

(XsnipergirlX) #29

Bam @Djiesse

(Mr-Penguin) #30

I wanted an event skin but got this instead…

Now I have a Cobalt for each of Kira’s primaries.

(PorkyPerson) #31

Game credits are by far the way to go for this. 800k gets you like 5 pumpkin cards. My guess is they are trying to drain some of the credits from the people who have millions, since there isn’t much to spend credits on.

Too bad these skins look so ehrmm… pumpkiny? Rhino particularly cracks me up.

@PorkyPerson: I like them because they remind me more of this. Definitely the best looking brown/orange we’ve gotten in this game if you ask me.

(K1X455) #33

@K1X455 said:

(DB Genome editor) #34

@Wo1ven @XsnipergirlX thanks to you both!

I’m now only missing Aura. If anyone out there has her, please make yourself known…

Well, I’ve gotten about 9 more and this is honestly the only one worth showing.

Which is a shame because I don’t like the Scar and her gloves not matching any skin aside from the one she launched with still drives me insane. Wish they’d change that.

(VerinFaern) #36

Aura

(DB Genome editor) #37

Thanks @VerinFaern ! Case closed for the pumpkin skins. Now if I could only get those lasts few RS4 ones

(Xenithos) #38

@Meerkats said:

@ImSploosh said:
Too bad it takes about 20-27 hours to obtain one skin, minimum. RIP
Dude, I just played for an hour+ to get ~450 shrieks, WITH TRINKET. So more like thirty hours minimum.

Meaning for people who don’t nolife Dirty Bomb… the trinket is pretty much worthless cause if you can barely put in the maybe fifty hours to get a case without the trinket, you certainly aren’t going to be putting in the time to get two cases with the trinket. AND YOU STILL DON’T GET TO PICK THE LOADOUT. To think after the big ol’ Splash Damage office party for cool Internet kids, they had us all thinking, “wow, Splash Damage is really improving.” Lel, what a joke. This is essentially, “@$!# you, you’re adopted, too bad, so sad.”

So… I guess this means this is a standard, AIDs-tier Splash Damage event. Don’t be me; give Splash Damage the finger and DO NOT PURCHASE THE TRINKET.

Thanks Splash Damage. Eat a dick.

I’ve already gotten a skin out of an equipment case… pretty sure you’re supposed to buy trinket for the lol and easier smoother time in getting cases.

(Xenithos) #39

@PorkyPerson said:
Game credits are by far the way to go for this. 800k gets you like 5 pumpkin cards. My guess is they are trying to drain some of the credits from the people who have millions, since there isn’t much to spend credits on.

Too bad these skins look so ehrmm… pumpkiny? Rhino particularly cracks me up.

Bro, you best be doing better than that! Do NOT spend your credits into shrieks, just out right buy the cases.

One by one by one.

(Meerkats) #40

@Xenithos said:

I’ve already gotten a skin out of an equipment case… pretty sure you’re supposed to buy trinket for the lol and easier smoother time in getting cases.
Before the change, you would have to spend two hours in match per day just to get a single loadout ( pretty close to nolifing ). For peeps like me who have jobs, play other games and do other things in general, the trinket dropped it to a slightly more manageable ~90 mins. So essentially, unless you like Phantom ( prob. contents of locked case ), the event was pay to get anything unless you get blessed by RNG. Though even after you get something, it’s still RNG. Lel.

And you would definitely have to nolife Dirty Bomb to get more than one loadout. It’s like those bullshit T3 event trinkets they had a few years ago where you needed to put in nearly four hours a day or something. I didn’t even try to get that, but people I know who did? They started dreading logging in. Like seriously, who comes up with this stuff? I have never in my life seen the effort and good intentions of an entire studio squandered so thoroughly by a bad marketing division, or whoever it is over there in charge of these events and general pricing sans maybe DICE.

You wanna know what the skins actually remind me of? Duracell batteries.

In those three pictures, there are two Phoenixes and one battery. Can you spot the battery? While the similarities are uncanny, it is possible if you look for the “DURACELL” logo.