Shiny's Sketch Dump (and other stuff)

(Brycko) #121

I think I like the old mockup better because a) the new mockup has really blocky text and b) it centers more around what the players did and why it helped the team. The new mockup with the loadout cards centers more around the cards, and unfortunately just because a player has a really good card doesn’t necessarily mean they’re good at the game. Plus I think we see enough of the cards when being shown the killcam anyways. The new UI is a lot less jammed packed with info than the first mockup, but I prefer the colours in the old mockup. The Jackal banner is really cool though.

I love the overlay for viewing player info though. Meshes well with the current UI. The UI for showing other people’s medals is also pretty lit.

Also, what @canaryField said.

(Herr_Hanz) #122

how big us the frickin hoodie that aimee is wearing? (X^10)L? and what does aura say? fck the fck off?

(Your worst knifemare.) #123

Mabye the hoodie is Frances new clothing style of 2020…i want one.

(The_N00Ba) #124

As far as the Ui is concerned, I personally would move away from showing off cards. I think they are shown off enough in game. Too much emphasis on cards can lead to people valuing the cards above the FPS experience, which can hurt the game in the long run I think.

(bontsa) #125

Before focusing too much on new skins and trinkets, we should have proper way of displaying them. Some kind of end-match UI could be perfect in doing this, see OW’s “winning team hero row” as an example. Perfect showcasing of skins (and poses since those are also collectibles in there). Not saying it should be copied, but I can see something even remotely similar being definitely possible in DB too.

(Brycko) #126

I strongly believe that if SD copied a lot of the things from OW (recommendation system, end poses, play of the game, cosmetics system, sprays etc…) DB would be really cool. Maybe not exactly the same way, but still…

(bontsa) #127

[quote=“Brycko;214260”]
I strongly believe that if SD copied a lot of the things from OW (recommendation system, end poses, play of the game, cosmetics system, sprays etc…) DB would be really cool. Maybe not exactly the same way, but still…[/quote]

Instead of copying they should come up with stuff themselves, much like they’ve been doing so far. Much better practice in the end. One should build themselves something from ground-up to fit their own creation, and then in the end happens to resemble something done in other titles, then so be it. This way is slower, but never results in rip-offs but instead has the feeling of the game in it.

(Shinywindow) #128

My ammoconda don’t want none unless you got guns, hun

(DankBeretField) #129

By the way guys can you explain the horrors of ShinyAura? Cause:

1. I’m a noob (stated somewhere)
  2. I’m Asian. Live in Vietnam
  3. Didn’t know that an 80 HP character with a shotgun and pistol can wreak havoc so badly in an AUS server that the entire Dirty Bomb Forums from all over the world use that as a crazy meme.

(Your worst knifemare.) #130

[quote=“canaryField;214314”]By the way guys can you explain the horrors of ShinyAura? Cause:

1. I’m a noob (stated somewhere)
  2. I’m Asian. Live in Vietnam
  3. Didn’t know that an 80 HP character with a shotgun and pistol can wreak havoc so badly in an AUS server that the entire Dirty Bomb Forums from all over the world use that as a crazy meme.[/quote]

Youtube and see for yourself.

(GatoCommodore) #131

Mabye the hoodie is Frances new clothing style of 2020…i want one.[/quote]

well not hoody but…

edited

i dont wanna get in trouble.

(CyberVonCyberus) #132

to me it looks like as she is wearing one of these cultist robes with the big hoods that we see in cartoons or films

(Your worst knifemare.) #133

[quote=“sweetColumn;214399”][quote=“paramountGasoline;214135”]

Mabye the hoodie is Frances new clothing style of 2020…i want one.[/quote]

well not hoody but…

edited

i dont wanna get in trouble.[/quote]

For a sweet column you are not very sweet.
[spoiler]Shhh what they dont know won’t hurt them[/spoiler]

(TheFluffyOne) #134

I like the little detail of the bags under her eyes.
The hood and the shining blue eye really makes me think like she belongs to some sort of cult of THE ALL SEEING EYE.

(Shinywindow) #135

Might as well post some gifs (Aimee’s one is buggy since I used a billion filters lol)

(Shinywindow) #136

Some mockup badges:

I figured DB could use some more badges, since there’s a lot of moments that go unrewarded during a match.

(Dagasawr) #137

@Shinywindow i love seeing your processes :slight_smile: have you ever thought to make a time lapse of a drawing ?

(Shinywindow) #138

@Daga Next time I make something big I’ll be sure to make one :^)

(DankBeretField) #139

I think Rouge and Crowd Control is… needed to be removed. Seriously, even with Aura, a Silver Rouge is literally IMPOSSIBLE. And Crowd Control is too easy. Go figure.

Other than that, I hate the Arty Booty meme you put in the ‘Your best DB meme’ thread.

(Xenithos) #140

@Shinywindow
I think the numbers should be edited on the Mockup Badges that you posted, most of them are okay, (though rogue would be really easy for snipers that are decent…) but numbers are definitely either too hard or too easy for some of them. I honestly think that Planter is absurd at 50 times. If you have someone plant over 10 times, that should be gold… :\

However, you’re also usually pretty smart, and you probably just posted that when you had mockups done. Also… Crowd Control seems kinda dumb. Now if Crowd control was something like: Do explosive damage to 3 or more enemies, and it gives say 100 exp every time, that’d be kinda cool… But we already have “Splash Damage +20exp” in game… :\