Shield generator won't zap MCP missile

(Boktor) #1

Hey guys, I’m working on a map with a set of objectives identical to the SDK’s etqwmap. Bridge -> MCP -> Shield hack -> Destroy

I got the script working and it plays. GDF can build the bridge and then the MCP drops. The MCP can be driven to the outpost and deployed. After MCP deploys a strogg shield generator drops. Then the MCP then fires a missile at its specified target. So far so good, but the shield gen doesn’t stop the missile. That’s where I’m stuck :confused:

I also get a warning, but I don’t know if it’s relevant
WARNING: script/vehicles/mcp.script(875): Thread ‘FireThreadFake_sdScriptEntity_gameplay_strogg_shield_generator_trigger_44’: idPhysics_RigidBody::SetClipModel: unbalanced inertia tensor for entity ‘idProjectile_RigidBody_projectile_scud_41’ type ‘idProjectile_RigidBody’

Free screenshot:

edit: just thought of this as I’m making the thread, but maybe one of those antenna things is blocking the zapper path? Maybe I’ll even have to regenerate heightmap?? I will update if either of these fixes work

edit 2: nope, ^^these aren’t the problem

(Scrupus) #2

That warning is normal, you can ignore it.

But make sure the SSM hits within the area of the shield generator - does the shield gen react at all?

Also make sure you reset the origin of the target entity for the SSM if you have moved it, so it targets the right spot.

(Boktor) #3

lmao, ok I moved the shield gen closer and now it works

This took me about an hour to figure out
:penguin: