SDK problems

(scud24) #1

i recently downloaded the etqw SDK but when i click the “Launch SDK” button in the launcher
i get the error " failed to open log file ‘demonware.log’

does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

(light_sh4v0r) #2

That will be your first of many questions regarding the SDK, just warning you :wink:
Make sure you have the gamepath set up right in the sdk launcher.

(scud24) #3

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;243872]That will be your first of many questions regarding the SDK, just warning you :wink:
Make sure you have the gamepath set up right in the sdk launcher.[/QUOTE]

i think i do

when i try and run the sdk version of etqw i get the error “couldn’t load fs.chk”

(Scrupus) #4

hmm I think you get that one if you try to load the etqw bin directly, but you must always use the sdk launcher. Make sure both retail and save paths are set. Also uncheck all the other programs in the sdk launcher except for “editworld” (you can load the other ones from console later when needed).

(light_sh4v0r) #5

and also check ati compatibility if you have an ATI graphics card.

(scud24) #6

i tried all that

i think i tried that but ill do it anyway

(scud24) #7

the demonware error was because i hadn’t set the path 100% precisely

i fixed that but i still get the “couldn’t load fs.chk” error even with ati compatibility and/or compile scripts turned on

(light_sh4v0r) #8

have you followed this tutorial?

(scud24) #9

yes its between steps 1 and 2 i have a problem

(Nail) #10

game updated to 1.5 ?

(Scrupus) #11

If the version is correct, I dunno what it could be :confused:

The error message may indicate some problem when loading the games internal file system, so check that you have write access on all folders and such. Also check in your save path, if there is a folder named sdnet with fresh files and a “maptest” user folder. If you currently have the same save path as you have for the retail game, try to set the save path somewhere else and see if it creates some files there.

What system do you have btw, windows7 or ?

(hozz) #12

RUN SDK LAUNCHER AS ADMINISTRATOR

Right click SDK launcher -> run as administrator. That should help:)

(scud24) #13

[QUOTE=hozz;244123]***
RUN SDK LAUNCHER AS ADMINISTRATOR

Right click SDK launcher -> run as administrator. That should help:)[/QUOTE]

ill try that

i got etqw this summer so i had to download 1.5 before i could play it

(shaddowmane) #14

i downloaded the sdk and have the same problem every time i try to launch it says couldn’t load fs.chk and my paths are set up correctly because every time I got the path wrong it didnt let me click on the launch sdk but now it does
:stroggtapir: