SD fix Proxy Mines not being able to be exploded by abilities

(GatoCommodore) #1

@stayfreshshoe pls do something about this bugged proxy mine

but dont fix the meme “enemies can kill friendlies with mines”
also add “-X(merc health) xp” for each time your mines kill a friendlies .

pic very related

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #2

@GatoCommodore said:

pic unrelated

It did at one point die to explosives. I forget when that got bugged… also I notice this artwork is one of Boory’s >:3 long live this adorable work of art!

(GatoCommodore) #3

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@GatoCommodore said:

pic unrelated

It did at one point die to explosives. I forget when that got bugged… also I notice this artwork is one of Boory’s >:3 long live this adorable work of art!

its an edit of his art tho
this is the real one

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #4

@GatoCommodore said:

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@GatoCommodore said:

pic unrelated

its an edit of his art tho
this is the real one

Oh I know. But it’s still adorable.

P.S. You did a good job matching the mine to his style of artwork though so if I didn’t know what the original was beforehand I woulda thought otherwise.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #5

Leave my mines alone

working as intended

(B_Montiel) #6

@GatoCommodore said:

Then friendlies should have the opportunity to destroy the mines. Which would create a specific case for mines compared to other deployables.

That’s a no-go in my view, you can’t just go proper gibberish for every single mechanic in the game. And Dirty Bomb is already going down this slippery slope.

Stay consistent, no matter what are the differences between abilities.

One simple answer though : more FF-on. Every one can shot enemy/friendly deployable/explosives there. That is consistency.

(GatoCommodore) #7

@B_Montiel said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Then friendlies should have the opportunity to destroy the mines. Which would create a specific case for mines compared to other deployables.

That’s a no-go in my view, you can’t just go proper gibberish for every single mechanic in the game. And Dirty Bomb is already going down this slippery slope.

Stay consistent, no matter what are the differences between abilities.

One simple answer though : more FF-on. Every one can shot enemy/friendly deployable/explosives there. That is consistency.

if the ff mine didnt exist, there is little to no punishing aspect to proxy if she just drop her mines everywhere.

hell, i used to drop the mine on team health station to prevent someone killing the station
or drop under teammate who is currently in a losing teamfight and wait for enemies to walk over it.

if you put bushwhacker sentry in wrong places, it will get destroyed easily, fletcher stickies are very punishing if you missed, Turtle shield can be used by the enemies to lure in people and ambush them when they are tunnel vision

(B_Montiel) #8

That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you’re neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don’t really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that’s a far bigger issue in my view.

(Darkwolf3802) #9

@B_Montiel said:
That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you’re neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don’t really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that’s a far bigger issue in my view.

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

(B_Montiel) #10

Yes, they are abused and abusive in a public de-organized situation. But as soon as players are experienced and cooperating, that kind of behaviour turns way less effective.

And so far, with the current way mines do operate, except some very specific situations where they remain viable in their intended use -defending last obj on castle to name one, as long as explosive can’t trigger them-, it definitely leans towards drop and shoot behaviour. Because they’re either useless or a significant threat to your own team now.

This said, I consider the situation with them is not in the best spot. Better get a proper overhaul because drop and shoot should not be the only way to use them effectively in 90% of the game.

(Eox) #11

How do such a huge bug remain in the game for so long really ? We don’t even hear about it in the dev videos.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #12

@Eox said:
How do such a huge bug remain in the game for so long really ? We don’t even hear about it in the dev videos.

@Eox Because they don’t look here for questions, apparently, and instead look on Reddit and other mediums where people mostly go to whine and complain about trivial or extremely muted issues. About the only person who looks here is Shoe, for the most part, and I don’t know how much influence he has in that department.

It’s pretty much why there was once a joke that went something like this:
SD’s policy is “If it isn’t broken it won’t make it into our game.”

Starting to understand even more now why people felt that way than before.

(GatoCommodore) #13

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@Eox said:

@Eox Because they don’t look here for questions, apparently, and instead look on Reddit and other mediums where people mostly go to whine and complain about trivial or extremely muted issues. About the only person who looks here is Shoe, for the most part, and I don’t know how much influence he has in that department.

It’s pretty much why there was once a joke that went something like this:
SD’s policy is “If it isn’t broken it won’t make it into our game.”

Starting to understand even more now why people felt that way than before.

i already called shoe in the opening of this discussion
if its not in the next video im going to spam mines discussion like how people keep spamming phantom discussion because i feel thats the only way SD would notice stuff

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #14

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

(Darkwolf3802) #15

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

its still abuse regardless

(GatoCommodore) #16

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

its not abuse if its a “Feature”

(Darkwolf3802) #17

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

(K1X455) #18

If you can’t detonate the mine with ability, why won’t you detonate the mine with a secondary instead? Not convenient? Not safe?

Well try detonating it yourself by activating it because you deserve that option.

(B_Montiel) #19

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

Nah, SD knows plenty enough that’s pretty much the only way you can use them efficiently by now.
I’d love to see some throwback weeks where abilities are reverted to their original state so you guys can see the difference. With 190 damage and bigger explosion radius, mines were very far from the cheap kill grabber it currently is, even while using the drop and shoot technique. You had way more opportunities to use them nicely. A nicely placed mine could turn the tide on many occasions, while it clearly gets way rarer today.

(Eox) #20

@K1X455 said:
If you can’t detonate the mine with ability, why won’t you detonate the mine with a secondary instead? Not convenient? Not safe?

Well try detonating it yourself by activating it because you deserve that option.

There’s a few areas where disabling the mine with bullets without taking damage is impossible. Also, it’s a bug : it must be fixed regardless if you can work around it or not.