SD fix Proxy Mines not being able to be exploded by abilities

(K1X455) #21

@Eox I agree.

Area denied? There’s more than one way.

(B_Montiel) #22

On the original topic of mines not being exploded by abilities :

• Are sticky bombs detonated by explosives ?
  • How about mines not being disabled by Guardian’s shield ?

Trying to keep the consistency…

(Eox) #23

@B_Montiel said:
On the original topic of mines not being exploded by abilities :

• Are sticky bombs detonated by explosives ?
  • How about mines not being disabled by Guardian’s shield ?

Trying to keep the consistency…

I don’t remember Stickies being affected by a similar bug, but it’s a legit concern. If explosives does not trigger stickies, they definitely should.

As for mines not being disabled by Guardian’s Shield it can be explained by the fact that they’re not real projectiles I guess. Was the mine already there when you or your Guardian deployed the shield ?

Stickies are affected as well, but because these are detonated shortly after their placement it’s barely noticeable and in general not too big of a concern.

(Mc1412013) #25

@Eox said:
How do such a huge bug remain in the game for so long really ? We don’t even hear about it in the dev videos.

If they talked about it in dev vids then when would they have time to repeat information we already know and dont care about

(Darkwolf3802) #26

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:
That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you’re neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don’t really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that’s a far bigger issue in my view.

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

its still abuse regardless

its not abuse if its a “Feature”

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

Nah, SD knows plenty enough that’s pretty much the only way you can use them efficiently by now.
I’d love to see some throwback weeks where abilities are reverted to their original state so you guys can see the difference. With 190 damage and bigger explosion radius, mines were very far from the cheap kill grabber it currently is, even while using the drop and shoot technique. You had way more opportunities to use them nicely. A nicely placed mine could turn the tide on many occasions, while it clearly gets way rarer today.

Ive been playing since open access/beta. Im aware

(Sorotia) #27

Always amazed me how something that can detect through walls and sometimes kill me through walls could not be triggered by a nade going off right on top of it :smiley:

(GatoCommodore) #28

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:
That still makes her the only merc that can also punish your own teamates in the direct form of a death, which is not true with every single other example you can find in a FF-off context. And when you (ab)use of specific mechanics of that sort, which are totally off compared to similar gameplay assets, you’re neither balancing things thoroughly nor constructing a good gameplay.

Exception case in video games generally hurt the readability of the overall action and turn it totally gibberish.

I don’t really care about no punishing aspects or not, current mines setting is not readable and accorded to the way the rest of the game works. And that’s a far bigger issue in my view.

Lets not forget mines are one of the most abused items in the game. Just drop and shoot, theres no activation delay unlike other deployables and u cant avoid them in a firefight. Either put a delay on proxy mines like bushwhackers turret or remove delays from all deployables to make it fair.

It comes in handy when I have to 1v2 a Rhino and Thunder by myself and teammates are not helping with objective.

As i said, if there guna keep proxy mines without a delay remove the delay from the rest of the in game deployables as well

Nah, SD knows plenty enough that’s pretty much the only way you can use them efficiently by now.
I’d love to see some throwback weeks where abilities are reverted to their original state so you guys can see the difference. With 190 damage and bigger explosion radius, mines were very far from the cheap kill grabber it currently is, even while using the drop and shoot technique. You had way more opportunities to use them nicely. A nicely placed mine could turn the tide on many occasions, while it clearly gets way rarer today.

then you must have been aware that proxy do badly against a good player, no need to make her more crappy than she is now.

shes a meme pub stomping merc now

(Darkwolf3802) #29

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

then you must have been aware that proxy do badly against a good player, no need to make her more crappy than she is now.

Any class can do bad against a good player that knows what their doing.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #30

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

Any class can do bad against a good player that knows what their doing.

That may be true in principle but the extent to how weak they are against a good player is not the same across the board.

Proxy in general is the weakest Engineer of the four we have, with the exception of a few sections of specific maps; even then this is primarily only the case with her shotgun Loadouts and is situational, at best. Her mines are borderline useless outside of drop and shoot against good players as they are easily destroyed or avoided, save for a few spots where shooting them is impossible without taking damage. Maps like Bridge and Underground both have sections of map where Proxy can find use as there are enough narrow hallways with tight corners she can use to ambush or peek around to fire a quick shotgun blast at near-point blank range. Outside of those few area’s every other engineer performs better than her on Attack and Defense, generally speaking, as they all have higher health and still maintain a reasonable movement speed; they additionally all have stronger or more versatile Abilities and/or Guns available to them than Proxy giving them a wider range of viable application. Within high tier play Proxy is easily argued as being the weakest of the Engineers; doing well with her in such play requires you to already out-skill your opponents to begin with, thus you would get better returns with any other Engineer within the same setting.

Overall this discussion is getting off-track though, this was meant to be a post about a bug with her Mines not being destroyed by explosives any longer; some have brought up how Fletcher’s Sticky Bombs suffer the same bug, however its moot point as the repeated reductions to its explosive radius have made it pointless to use them for traps. It was already extremely rare that Sticky Bomb Traps were useful or even marginally effective in high tier play and now they literally are worthless, so if it isn’t being detonated it’s just to limit your area of movement to use for dodging/strafing.

There were no mentions of it being an intended change on any medium so it’s a bug in the ability, it’s pretty clean-cut. All that aside a bug should be fixed regardless, as it’s not an intended feature but rather an instance of a mechanic breaking. Not to mention her Mines were originally able to be destroyed with explosives prior to this, as this was never a problem in 2015 when Open Beta began, and yet Splash Damage continues to ignore it; they even managed to miss fixing this during their Summer Squash I, II and III somehow.

P.S. @stayfreshshoe This needs to be addressed here and now, as such a long-standing bug being left unchecked already calls into question the priorities and general competence of Splash Damage as a developer. Now I love Dirty Bomb, but that doesn’t mean such glaring negligence can be ignored; this is an issue that has been left alone far too long and I doubt I’m the only one who feels this way.

(Jigstraw) #31

it’s been 9 months, fix the fucking mines already. They broke shortly before the release of turtle, and I’m so tired of terrible proxies getting away with things they shouldn’t because of a bug that’s broken the most reliable way of getting rid of her mines safely.

Also with the way they are now, if a proxy drops TWO mines in the same spot, you can shoot one of them and try to run through, only for the second one, hidden by the smoke from the first explosion, to kill you anyway. It’s such bullshit.

(Sorotia) #32

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

That is the point I imagine, the pub scrubs love her…and the devs often appeal to the scrubs…so keeping her mines broken fits their odd agenda perfectly.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #33

@Sorotia said:

That is the point I imagine, the pub scrubs love her…and the devs often appeal to the scrubs…so keeping her mines broken fits their odd agenda perfectly.

(Your worst knifemare.) #34

I think Redeyes smoke works against it somehow (entirely based off of one time where I threw smoke, heard mine blow up and got neutralize xp)

(GatoCommodore) #35

@Lord_Coctus said:
I think Redeyes smoke works against it somehow (entirely based off of one time where I threw smoke, heard mine blow up and got neutralize xp)

SD…
why?

(Your worst knifemare.) #36

@GatoCommodore said:

@Lord_Coctus said:

SD…
why?

Don’t worry I was wrong, tried it again and ate pancake.

(Darkwolf3802) #37

@Sorotia said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

If you know how to shottie then you can use her just fine. Theres no need to play cheap to make up for what your lacking.

(Sorotia) #38

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Sorotia said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@B_Montiel said:

If you know how to shottie then you can use her just fine. Theres no need to play cheap to make up for what your lacking.

Well Proxy is one of the biggest mercs who plays to the “Play it cheap to make up for what you’re lacking”

Bugged pizza delivery mines and spray and pray bunny hopping is what most players do with her.

(kopyright) #39

Our angered prayers have been answered.

Other Mercs
Fixed a bug that caused Proxy mines to not be destroyed by explosives

(GatoCommodore) #40

@kopyright said:
Our angered prayers have been answered.

Other Mercs
Fixed a bug that caused Proxy mines to not be destroyed by explosives

when is this?