Ripping stuff

(Slade05) #1

I was asked today if theres a way to rip an opressor model with textures from the game files in some traditional format like .mdl, and I dont really know.

Is there?

(light_sh4v0r) #2

In the SDK you got helper models which are just the bare models with textures, no rigging etc. I expect they’re just files you can grab from your installation, wouldn’t know where to find them though, as I haven’t got the SDK installed anymore.

(Slade05) #3

Sadly, I do not too. Installed SDK anyway and saw those helper models in md5mesh. Will Blender eat these?

(BackSnip3) #4

the md5meshes are in the sdk. For anims you can unpak the .animb files from the retail game .pk4 files. Those anims can be converted with tools. You can import .md5 stuff in blender with scripts on the internet. That’s it.

(Slade05) #5

Found a python plugin to import md5mesh into Blender, it says it will take care of md5anim too, so I should be set if it actually works. Problem is, it was made around 2006 for Blender version appropriate at the time(2.41 to 2.45) which does not like my system very much, and current Blender interface on 2.61 became even worse since I took a look last time. That gray gamma with a jumble of little buttons, oh, my eyes!

(Runeforce) #6

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31253-Animb2MD5anim-amp-other-tools