Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(melc_av) #121

Hello Tite-uf,
The second part of TDA will be release in this year? I readed on topic for The Victors that you want to help them after finish your project. I understand that the finish will be before the end of 2015.
On the other side I want to salut your intention to help development team of the Victors.
Thanks

(William Faure) #122

[QUOTE=melc_av;519415]Hello Tite-uf,
The second part of TDA will be release in this year? I readed on topic for The Victors that you want to help them after finish your project. I understand that the finish will be before the end of 2015.
On the other side I want to salut your intention to help development team of the Victors.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The Dark Armyā€™s first part (UPRISING) will release this year.

Then I will manage to help various mappers/modders to develop their respective mods.

While helping other developers, I will be developing a new project, that will not be related to The Dark Army.

The Dark Army
ā€™s second part will not release directly after its first part! I want to do other things before.

In fact, I need time to have new ideas for the second part of The Dark Army.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™ll develop another mod and help other mappers/modders,
before the release of the second part of The Dark Army.

Between the release The Dark Armyā€™s first part (UPRISING) and the release of its second part,
there will be some years I think, youā€™ve got to know it now: youā€™ll have to wait. But donā€™t worry,
as I previously said, there will be an unrelated project during this time, as well as my
collaboration to various maps and mods.

(melc_av) #123

[QUOwhatWhile helping other developers, I will be developing a new project, that [U]will not be related to The Dark Army[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer.
I understand. New project will not be related by TDA but will be related by Rtcw.
And whatā€™s happend with others maps who was build for initial TDA? Will be use?

(William Faure) #124

These deleted maps will probably be used for the second part of TDA.

(melc_av) #125

Thanks Tite-uf!

New your big project will be related by Rtcw SP or Rtcw MP?

(melc_av) #126

Hello Tite-uf,
This mod will be release near the end of the year?
New graphic engine is created/finished or is under development?
New engine will be use for another Rtcw projects? Can be?
New engine is tested, itā€™s stabile?
What new functions you want to add for TDA?
Thanks in advance!

(melc_av) #127

Another question:
If you will use new engine it is necesary to rebuild all mod? Retexture, arhitecture and scripts?

(melc_av) #128

Honestly I prefer clasic Rtcw, no with many modification like in polish Rtcw remake

(William Faure) #129

It will be related to the single-player of Return to Castle Wolfenstein
BUT I canā€™t talk about-it too much because for now Iā€™m still working on The Dark Army: Uprising!

[QUOTE=melc_av;519599]This mod will be release near the end of the year?
New graphic engine is created/finished or is under development?
New engine will be use for another Rtcw projects? Can be?
New engine is tested, itā€™s stabile?
What new functions you want to add for TDA?[/QUOTE]
The Dark Army: Uprising will release this year, I canā€™t tell when however.
The new graphic engine wasnā€™t made by me, but itā€™s not a revolution like Berserker@RtCW.
Actually, Iā€™m working on the final level of the project, and on new objectives for some missions.
Every missions have been enlarged again.
Iā€™m currently working on the lighting.

[QUOTE=melc_av;519609]Another question:
If you will use new engine it is necesary to rebuild all mod? Retexture, arhitecture and scripts?[/QUOTE]
Simply: NO.

I like the RtCW Remade Mod, however my mod will be using most of the classic RtCW, but it will have a lot of improvements.

Hope it helps.

(ronboy) #130

I do too, but I think that the Rtcw Remake Mod should be given a chance. You canā€™t judge something that looks so promising until you actually try to play it, in the case of the Rtcw Remake Mod.
Titeuf, Iā€™m still intrigued by the new engine that you keep mentioning. Also, Iā€™m glad to see that progress is continuing for The Dark Army. :smiley:

(William Faure) #131

The situation is getting better for the STG 44 - itā€™s now compatible!
Currently, Iā€™m working on enlarging the missions, adding more secondary objectives.
About the engine, I canā€™t say what it is yet, but itā€™s not an unknown oneā€¦
I hope to show visuals soon, but I can say itā€™s darken, what perfectly fits to The Dark Army.
However I have to adjust the lighting, because it became maybe too much dark in the crypt episode.
Thanks for supporting-me, and good-luck with your works.

(melc_av) #132

@Tite-uf - Thank you for the answers. Iā€™m very glad to read that you decided to enlarge the mission. Sound very, very nice. We will have big maps, like in russian addons. Means that new graphic engine havenā€™t the limitations of Rtcw original graphic engine.

@Ronboy - I give a chance of project Rtcw Remake. I will play it. But I prefer clasic Rtcw.
@ Tite-uf - your TDA have improvments but it respects the graphic and athmosfere of Rtcw. I like your HD/super HD graphic - like in Victors seems to me - but this is like in Rtcw. For me polish developers exchange to much so that we canā€™t talk about Rtcw but another new game.

(melc_av) #133

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;519640]
I hope to show visuals soon, but I can say itā€™s darken, what perfectly fits to The Dark Army.[/QUOTE]

Hello again,
ā€œshow visuals soonā€ means new short video or photos or both?
Thanks.

(William Faure) #134

[QUOTE=melc_av;519679]Hello again,
ā€œshow visuals soonā€ means new short video or photos or both?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Donā€™t know for the moment.

(William Faure) #135

I decided to enhance The Dark Army modā€™s visibility by opening a new forum thread on WolfMap.ru, the international Wolfenstein community (since 2006). Enjoy this new thread.

(melc_av) #136

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;519640]
Currently, Iā€™m working on enlarging the missions, adding more secondary objectives.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tite-uf,
You will enlarge all 5 missions? /or some of them.
Thanks in advance.

(William Faure) #137

Hi, melc_av! Iā€™ll try to answer this question by a simple way.
Each mission is currently being impressively enlarged (making each map 3x greater than before).
The aim of this enlargement is to make the story non-linear, it means youā€™ll be (almost totally) free in the maps.
Itā€™s also a good way to make the story longer without being bored by a stupid and/or annoying ambiance.
Iā€™m including specific factors in the equation: the longevity of the map, the importance of the objectivesā€¦
I hope to reach (for casual player) a story lifetime of five hours. This is my goal!
Hope to answer correctly your question.

(melc_av) #138

Thank yoooouuuuu

(melc_av) #139

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;520434]
I hope to reach (for casual player) a story lifetime of five hours. This is my goal!
Hope to answer correctly your question.[/QUOTE]

Five hours must for secreat areas.:D:)

(melc_av) #140

Hi Tite-uf,
I saw your last post on TDA facebook page and I donā€™t understand words in full development. This means a remake of project?
Thanks