Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(William Faure) #101

Thank-you mate!

(bluemoon4ever) #102

Outstanding work … cant wait!

(kat) #103

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;515215]Working on The Dark Army: Uprising, a single-player standalone modification of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, coming 2015 on Windows and Android — then later on Mac and Linux.[/QUOTE]In relation to your platform ports, be mindful you should not be distributing any content from the original game (outside release platform availability), that’s a good way to get a “cease and desist” from the publisher (which still owns the rights to the games content), and your loosing everything.

(ronboy) #104

If I’m not mistaken, Activision is the publisher of Rtcw? If so, they could probably care less about Rtcw, since they have their attention so heavily focused on the garbage known as Call of Duty.

(kat) #105

Quite a few people think that right up to the moment they get the email ;o)

(William Faure) #106

The Dark Army will come to Windows, Mac and Linux, these are the original platforms.

But a developer made, last year if I remember well, a source port of the original game to Android, an free application named RtCW4A.
RtCW4A was available on Google Play until it was deleted, for unknown reasons. RtCW-Touch, the same application, then released on the market.
The only difference was it wasn’t free anymore. I think the publisher is beside that, and knows about the source port on Android.
Plus, RtCW-Touch’s developer invite the application’s users to install various mods on it.

About-me, I just say it’s compatible with the application
I won’t give, in any way, a Android installer - it’s all to the user to choose if he wants to install The Dark Army: Uprising on Android.
I’m not responsible of the existence of this application, nor how it’s used.

Hope you understand my point of view. Thanks for remembering-me about this, and thanks for supporting me.

(kat) #107

Yeah just be careful with your language, it might be better to say “available on supported platforms” instead that way you’re not giving out any specifics that ‘imply’ something else. Anywho, you’re welcome and GG.

(William Faure) #108

Thanks again for specifying - I will change how I say things, I’m French, maybe that’s why sometimes I don’t realize what I’m really saying.

Good-game too, and I wish all the best for this year, including about your future RtCW project. I’m really looking forward to it, your levels are super interesting and such as source of inspiration. I can’t get enough of your Tutorials you propose on your website by the way.

You’re my favorite RtCW developer, so good-game and good-work on your project for 2015! I’ll reformulate the informations about my project.

(melc_av) #109

Happy New Year Tite-Uf85,
Amazing trailer. Congratulation.
Video game on 5th Janury?

(William Faure) #110

[QUOTE=melc_av;518148]Happy New Year Tite-Uf85,
Amazing trailer. Congratulation.
Video game on 5th Janury?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Happy New Year too!
January 5th: Gameplay Video! - about the release date of the mod, it will come in 2015.

(melc_av) #111

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;518160]Thanks. Happy New Year too!
January 5th: Gameplay Video! - about the release date of the mod, it will come in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answer

(melc_av) #112

January 11th gameplay video 2

(melc_av) #113

January 11th gameplay video?

(William Faure) #114

I’m having problems with the upload to YouTube… and the situation is getting worst every hour.
When I want to upload the .mkv file, it systematically shows the message “The file you’re trying to upload is corrupted.”.
I don’t know what to do. But at this rate, I would say I will try to re-compile the video with the video producer.
Hope it doesn’t matter.

(melc_av) #115

Thanks Tite uf

(ronboy) #116

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;518770]I’m having problems with the upload to YouTube… and the situation is getting worst every hour.
When I want to upload the .mkv file, it systematically shows the message “The file you’re trying to upload is corrupted.”.
I don’t know what to do. But at this rate, I would say I will try to re-compile the video with the video producer.
Hope it doesn’t matter.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems uploading .wmv videos to Youtube. I’ve never tried .mkv before, which must be a higher quality than .wmv.

(melc_av) #117

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;518770]I’m having problems with the upload to YouTube… and the situation is getting worst every hour.
Hope it doesn’t matter.[/QUOTE]

Hello Tite-uf,
Any news about video gameplay 2 release?
Thanks

(William Faure) #118

[QUOTE=melc_av;519117]Hello Tite-uf,
Any news about video gameplay 2 release?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to say that this second game-play video publication has been canceled for various reasons.

On the first side, the video format was apparently “corrupted” for YouTube servers, however it was a common .mkv file as usual.

On the other side, it wasn’t that splendid, only two minutes of game-play ─ I already released a trailer sometime ago.

So sorry for this, but the second game-play video is not for today! Hope everyone will understand that.

I’m working really hard on this project but, because of my personal life, I don’t have much time to work on it, and then producing videos beside.

See ya’ for more news soon! Stay-tuned! Watch the latest trailer if you didn’t already.

(melc_av) #119

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;519183]I’m sorry to say that this second game-play video publication has been canceled for various reasons.

On the first side, the video format was apparently “corrupted” for YouTube servers, however it was a common .mkv file as usual.

On the other side, it wasn’t that splendid, only two minutes of game-play ─ I already released a trailer sometime ago.

So sorry for this, but the second game-play video is not for today! Hope everyone will understand that.

I’m working really hard on this project but, because of my personal life, I don’t have much time to work on it, and then producing videos beside.

See ya’ for more news soon! Stay-tuned! Watch the latest trailer if you didn’t already.

Thank you for the answer. I believe it is better that your efforts to be focused on mapping and not for making videos. Thank you for others answers that you gave for others discutions.

(William Faure) #120

[QUOTE=melc_av;519188][QUOTE=TITEUF-85;519183]I’m sorry to say that this second game-play video publication has been canceled for various reasons.

Thank you for the answer. I believe it is better that your efforts to be focused on mapping and not for making videos. Thank you for others answers that you gave for others discutions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking-it easy.