Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(ronboy) #61

Yes, it can be difficult to come up with ideas for details in a map, which can cause the map to look empty. I have had this problem before, despite having a variety of models and textures to use. :o

(William Faure) #62

Hello guys. First I want to say, what do you think about this ā€œHappy New Yearā€ trailerā€¦ I want to say something about it : it was an old content of my game, recorded last December. One month of HARD work passed and thenā€¦ the projectā€™s really different now.

I added more details in each of my three maps (Village, Sewers, Crypt) and Iā€™m currently working on a new level (Track ā€˜Prisonā€™ - unexperienced mission before). And finallyā€¦ Iā€™M CHANGING ALL THE WEAPONS MODELS OF MY GAME, and adding a new weapon : the shotgun.

So hereā€™s a new picture of this work Iā€™ve done : MY NEW MP40 MODEL with (in background) the village different ameliorations. Thanks for your never ending support : hereā€™s the picture.

Final note : itā€™s now (maybe) confirmed, following all iā€™ve done to this point and what I still have to do, the final product will be a Standalone Mod (youā€™ll need just need to copy/paste some files of the original directory of your RtCW game to play-it) releasing before Winter 2015 : aiming for a period between November 2014 and April 2015. Thank to every RtCW players (and others) supporting my project.

(William Faure) #63

Here is a new picture (of a new model again) for the Walther P38 (Luger)!

Attached Thumbnails

(ronboy) #64

Your luger and MP40 models look nice. I like your idea of retexturing all the weapons, and adding the shotgun. ET has a shotgun, a M96, and Rtcw Tides of War also had a shotgun. Iā€™m glad to see it finally arrive for Rtcw on the PC. :smiley:

(Dragonji) #65

Luger looks awesome, however, MP40 is a bit ā€œquadraticā€, Iā€™d suggest to improve it :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #66

Thanks @Ronboy. If youā€™re interested by the weapons Iā€™m working on, hereā€™s a new model I made (a week ago) for the Thompson now textured and being tested by me at the moment !

(William Faure) #67

Yeah, but this screenshotā€™s from two days ago : the MP40 is finalised.

(William Faure) #68

Actual Status of the Weapon Models :

[ul]
[li]Knife : 0%
[/li][li]Colt : 100%
[/li][li]Dual Colts : 50% (Iā€™ll maybe retrieve it from the modā€¦)
[/li][li]Walther P38 (Luger) : 100%
[/li][li]MP40 : 100%
[/li][li]Thompson : 100%
[/li][li]Sten : 100%
[/li][li]Mauser Rifle : 0%
[/li][li]Mauser Scope : 0%
[/li][li]MP44 : 0%
[/li][li]PPSH : 0%
[/li][li]Carabin : 0%
[/li][li]M1S Rifle : 0%
[/li][li]FG42 : 0%
[/li][li]Shotgun : 0%
[/li][li]Grenades : 0%
[/li][li]Pineapples : 0%
[/li][li]Dynamite : 0%
[/li][li]Panzerfaust : 0%
[/li][li]Flamethrower : 0%
[/li][li]Venom : 0%
[/li][li]Tesla Gun : 0%
[/li][li]Foot : 50%
[/li][li]
[/li][/ul]

(ronboy) #69

Youā€™re doing a great job, Titeuf. Keep up the hard work! :smiley:

(William Faure) #70

Thank-you. Donā€™t worry, I wonā€™t give up !

(William Faure) #71

Actual Status of the Weapon Models : 34% COMPLETED

[ul]
[li]Knife : 0%[/li][li]Colt : 100%[/li][li]Walther P38 (Luger) : 100%[/li][li]MP40 : 100%[/li][li]Thompson : 100%[/li][li]Sten : 100%[/li][li]Mauser Rifle : 100%[/li][li]Mauser Scope : 100%[/li][li]MP44 : 0%[/li][li]PPSH : 0%[/li][li]Carabin : 0%[/li][li]M1S Rifle : 0%[/li][li]FG42 : 0%[/li][li]Shotgun : 0%[/li][li]Grenades : 0%[/li][li]Pineapples : 0%[/li][li]Dynamite : 0%[/li][li]Panzerfaust : 0%[/li][li]Flamethrower : 0%[/li][li]Venom : 0%[/li][li]Tesla Gun : 0%[/li][li]Foot : 50%[/li][/ul]

The Dual Colts wonā€™t appear in The Dark Army, for some modelling reasons.

(William Faure) #72

The Sten model has been restarted. It took all of my morning, but I did it, the new Sten gun is now fonctional. I will share a screenshot of itā€¦

(William Faure) #73

Hereā€™s the second new Sten gun model :

Hereā€™s a comparison between my Sten from today and the one from yesterday :

The Sten in development :

For a better look (in HD I mean), go on ModDB !

(KeMoN) #74

That is some serious eye-candy you have there! I really love your sten gun and the fact that you threw that whole thing together within a single day.
Iā€™m really looking forward to this project!

However one tiny thing. The magazine ā€œbayā€ looks a bit large compared to the actual clip. Could you maybe make the bay a little smaller or its walls a little thinner?

(William Faure) #75

[QUOTE=KeMoN;487008]That is some serious eye-candy you have there! I really love your sten gun and the fact that you threw that whole thing together within a single day.
Iā€™m really looking forward to this project!

However one tiny thing. The magazine ā€œbayā€ looks a bit large compared to the actual clip. Could you maybe make the bay a little smaller or its walls a little thinner?[/QUOTE]

I will try. For the moment, iā€™m correcting some ā€œflashā€ bugs relative to the Thompson. Thanks for your concern.

(ronboy) #76

I like the new sten model. Great job! :smiley:

(William Faure) #77

As you can see on ModDB, new pictures of The Dark Army mod for Return to Castle Wolfenstein appeared (about 30 pictures in high-definition), giving you a look on the impressive results of my recent work on the maps, in order to update these to their final version. :slight_smile:

Next week, Iā€™ll show you new pictures of The Crypt (updated to final version) and ā€œmaybeā€ the rest of the weapon models - some have been improved since the last time. :smiley:

• [li]
    [/li]On Facebook, in a group named RtCW Maps & Mods, I created a poll asking to many Return to Castle Wolfenstein players what they will think about my add-on mod if the weapon ā€œflashā€ effects had to disappear. The Poll was proposing three different answers (to resume : yes ; donā€™t know ; no). Here are the results :

83 % (5) sayed ā€œYes (important)ā€.

17 % (1) sayed ā€œDonā€™t knowā€.

00 % (0) sayed ā€œNo (not grave)ā€.

So I have now a correct answer to my question : the weapon ā€œflashā€ effect is really important for the players. I think Iā€™ll have to correctly fix this problem. :S

First Iā€™ll finish the different design and A.I. updates to The Crypt map (to update it and mark it as a ā€œFinal Versionā€ content) and finish the weapon models. :slight_smile:

Then Iā€™ll correct this problem, by any mean necessary (I think I have a little idea, I was supposed to do it in case if a problem would have appeared). :slight_smile:

The web links for Facebook and Twitter changed, the differences are below :

[facebook.com/darkarmymod] |ā€“[became]ā€“> [facebook.com/tdamod]

[twitter.com/darkarmymod] |ā€“[became]ā€“> [twitter.com/tdamod]

The address of The Dark Army on ModDB did change, but it finally (for some web reasons) returned to itā€™s basic link form.

[B] The peoples who subscribe to the Premium Access will now appear on a page of this website named Premium Access (click to check).

The [U]Wikia[/U] page was recently updated, giving more informations about the actual situation of the project. Also thanks to the Wikia contributors currently updating this [U]Wikia[/U] page.[/B]

Stay tuned for more information soon. As I sayed on Wikia, thereā€™s still some unrevealed content about my mod".

P.S. : The Dark Armyā€™s secondary official website on Wix has finally been updated to version 1.3a. The website has been totally converted (in terms of ergonomic aspect and of design). Check-it with this direct link to the website : [http://rtcwtda.wix.com/tdamod].

(William Faure) #78

[ul]
[li] 20 more HD images available here : [http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-army/images]![/li][/ul]

(ronboy) #79

Nice images, Titeuf. :slight_smile:

(vicpas) #80

Hello, TITEUF-85.
A suggestion. put your work on this site and here: http://wolfmap.ru/forum/ for review, before posting it to avoid possible errors.
Recommended Link: http://wolfmap.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=3241