Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(William Faure) #41

Status of The Dark Army :

* Global Game : ~ 30% | * First Level : ~ 99% | * Second Level : ~ 70% | * Third Level : ~ 10%

• Fourth Level : 0% | * Fifht Level : 0% | * Sixth Level : 0% | * Final Level : 0%

(William Faure) #42

[ul]
[li]The official website of The Dark Army mod on Overblog has been updated.
[/li][li]Thereā€™s new things such as clipboards (of RtCW) in the start of each article.
[/li][li]Thereā€™s also a direct access link to the secondary official website on Wix.
[/li][/ul]

As you can see, thereā€™s a clipboard in front of each article.
When we played the original Return to Castle Wolfenstein, we were reading clipboards (in The Dark Army too), so when you read articles on this website, itā€™s like you read a clipboards in the game.

(William Faure) #43

Go on The Dark Army on Overblog and read the latest update article.
[B][I][U]http://rtcw.over-blog.com/7- Update #7 - Status Report[/U][/I][/B]

The new logo of The Dark Army mod.

The secondary official website on Wix.

Second level in finalisation.

Andā€¦

(ronboy) #44

Great news. Itā€™s a good idea to keep more and more players informed with your websites. :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #45

What do you think about the new logo of The Dark Army mod ?

(William Faure) #46

What do you think about the new logo of The Dark Army mod ?

(WL6) #47

Might I suggest getting an account at moddb?

Think of it as a ā€˜facebookā€™ that caters specifically for game mods, and so it is easy to get your work across to a wider audience.

(William Faure) #48

I already have a Mod DB page for The Dark Army, but thanks for your suggestion.

(ronboy) #49

The new logo looks nice. :smiley:

(William Faure) #50

Thank you. I think this new logo is better than the old one.

(William Faure) #51

It has been a while since I gived new informations about The Dark Army. I think this is time for you to know more about this upcoming project, how it will be released and how it is actually. So I release this new interview on Wix, a simple Questions & Answers with more than ten revelations about this project.

Exclusive Q&A Interview now available ! Learn more about what The Dark Army really is and find the answers of the most anticipated questions about this upcoming Single Player Add-On Mod for Return to Castle Wolfenstein on PC (Windows, Mac and Linux). Eventually coming in Winter of year 2015.

Go check this new interview in the 8th update of the official The Dark Army website on Overblog with the following link : rtcw.over-blog.com/8

(ronboy) #52

Great news! Keep up the good work.

(William Faure) #53

Thank you for your support. I will make an announce relative to the release of the game (in 2015) soon in december. It will (I think) interrest you.

(William Faure) #54

Hi guys and Happy New Year ! Itā€™s been a little while since I did give news from The Dark Army mod, so I want to show you some stuff to celebrate 2014 - like pictures and a trailer - and give you more informations about what Iā€™m doing now, about the situation of the project.

ā€œHappy New Year !ā€ Trailer

Here is a trailer of this upcoming Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player Add-On Mod to celebrate the new year : 2014.

//youtu.be/RuSMwpGmyOA

ā€œHappy New Year !ā€ Pictures

Here are some screenshots of this upcoming Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player Add-On Mod updated two maps named The Village and The Sewers, and of the new one named The Crypt.

What Iā€™m doing now ?

The Village, The Sewers and The Crypt are finally completed at 100%. Now Iā€™m working on two missions, The Track (Prison) and The Forest.

Situation of the project ?

The project is on its 40% of completion (already, after 6 months - a half year - of development).

Iā€™m talking about a release in Winter 2015, but it can change for some reasons : first I was planning to release the final product in November 2014 then I talked you about 2015. The the only thing that can change the release date, is the TIME. I hope you understand it, maybe (with some luck) I will be able to release it in 2014.

(ronboy) #55

Happy New Year to you too, Titeuf! :smiley:
I do have a few concerns with the trailer and screenshots you posted:

• You seem to have some very harsh shadows in the sewer and crypt maps. I think ambient lighting should be used to remove those harsh shadows.
  • The trailer seems to have Nazis and zombies randomly fighting each other, like Olaric (the huge zombie that fires those freaky ghosts at you). I think that the zombie placement and Nazi placement should make sense, at least a little bit.
  • I see random corpses of Nazi soldiers in the screenshots above. The placement of the Nazi corpses also needs to make sense somewhat.
  • How did BJ acquire the Russian PPSH machine gun? If you donā€™t have an explantion for this, I think there should be one.

These are the concerns I have after viewing the trailer and screenshots you posted above. Itā€™s very nice that the project may be released later this year. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

(William Faure) #56

[QUOTE=ronboy;485994]Happy New Year to you too, Titeuf! :smiley:
I do have a few concerns with the trailer and screenshots you posted:

• You seem to have some very harsh shadows in the sewer and crypt maps. I think ambient lighting should be used to remove those harsh shadows.
  • The trailer seems to have Nazis and zombies randomly fighting each other, like Olaric (the huge zombie that fires those freaky ghosts at you). I think that the zombie placement and Nazi placement should make sense, at least a little bit.
  • I see random corpses of Nazi soldiers in the screenshots above. The placement of the Nazi corpses also needs to make sense somewhat.
  • How did BJ acquire the Russian PPSH machine gun? If you donā€™t have an explantion for this, I think there should be one.

These are the concerns I have after viewing the trailer and screenshots you posted above. Itā€™s very nice that the project may be released later this year. Keep up the good work! :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you Ronboy for telling me this, it helps me a lot, thanks. Thereā€™s some answers I can give you for these few concerns :

Youā€™re right, these shadows are rightly appearing one the trailer and the pictures, thatā€™s because of the current HD recorder Iā€™m using to take videos/screenshots of my mod : when Iā€™m recording, the shadows of the game are becoming more harsh, but you donā€™t have to worry about this, I think Iā€™ve a solution for this.

[QUOTE=ronboy;485994]

• The trailer seems to have Nazis and zombies randomly fighting each other, like Olaric (the huge zombie that fires those freaky ghosts at you). I think that the zombie placement and Nazi placement should make sense, at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

I know. Youā€™ll understand why the Nazis are here in the game. About Olaric, for me itā€™s nothing more than a Beast, becoming a common enemy in the crypt (about three of them will make an appearance in the crypt). I hope you understand my choices about this.

[QUOTE=ronboy;485994]

• I see random corpses of Nazi soldiers in the screenshots above. The placement of the Nazi corpses also needs to make sense somewhat.[/QUOTE]

You will understand this while playing. :cool:

[QUOTE=ronboy;485994]

• How did BJ acquire the Russian PPSH machine gun? If you donā€™t have an explantion for this, I think there should be one.[/QUOTE]

Youā€™ll find the PPSH in the Sewers, near bones with a clipboard explaining you that he was russian. For the rest, youā€™ll find it again in the forest, in a secret zone. I hope you also understand it.

(W0lfMan) #57

Looks good so far.

Make sure to check back with the official maps every so often to get uniform dimensions for the various elements of your map, such as the height of health bags on the wall; the height of counters, tables, and desk tops; the depth of control panels and lockers, and so on.

I keep a 3x5" note card with me that has these common dimensions written on it.

(ronboy) #58

Titeuf, thanks for reading my concerns. I wonā€™t judge your addon too early. I was just addressing some concerns I had. :slight_smile:
W0lfman, I always estimate the scaling of the objects in my map. Iā€™ve really improved with the scaling in more recent maps, but I still have room for improvement. :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #59

[QUOTE=W0lfMan;486511]Looks good so far.

Make sure to check back with the official maps every so often to get uniform dimensions for the various elements of your map, such as the height of health bags on the wall; the height of counters, tables, and desk tops; the depth of control panels and lockers, and so on.

I keep a 3x5" note card with me that has these common dimensions written on it.[/QUOTE]

Youā€™re right : recently, I had to change a lot of things (and add a lot of details) in my levels because of the eight of some objects. I had also to change some animations, and add a lot of animations more too.

I know and you did well saying what was un-clear and strange for you about my project. Thank-you again !

(William Faure) #60

I finished the concept plans of the fourth level : The Track (Prison) ! Itā€™s a totaly new experience in RtCW. I think there were no projects in the past experiencing this : itā€™s something strange and the level wonā€™t be easy, a surpriseā€™s awaiting you. I will develop it soon this day.

I also started the concept plans about the fifth level : The Forest. Itā€™s one my favourite levels of the mod, I think.