Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(William Faure) #201

In addition to the The Dark Army: Uprising’s sequel (second part of The Dark Army), I’m working on new projects that will not be revealed any time soon of course as one of them is the fruit of a boundless ambition.

(William Faure) #202

You better avoid them!

(William Faure) #203

Checking.

(William Faure) #204

The Dark Army will be back in less than four hours. Stay tuned.

(ronboy) #205

Jawhol, Herr Titeuf. :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #206

This one made me laugh, ah ah.

(William Faure) #207

The Dark Army’s return has been delayed of three hours.
The main reason for this is the uploading time to YouTube.

Considering this fact (it’s long to upload trailer and gameplay), it has been decided so. Stay tuned!

(William Faure) #208

The Dark Army will be back in two hours, finally!

(melc_av) #209

Any trouble mate?

(ronboy) #210

Give him some time. We all know how annoying Youtube can be with its bugs.

(melc_av) #211

Yes, mate.
I questioned because I don’t know what’s happened.

(William Faure) #212

Indeed. Thanks for keeping everyone informed mate. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=melc_av;537438]Yes, mate.
I questioned because I don’t know what’s happened.[/QUOTE]
The YouTube uploading failed yesterday due to incorrect format for the upcoming videos (now reconverted and currently uploading to the server). The Dark Army arrives in [a few hours]. Please stay tuned and know that I’m really sorry for what’s happening and for this long delay.

(William Faure) #213

To everyone, I would like to clarify some important things with you:

1. A few hours ago, someone posted, on my Google+, a false release date of The Dark Army: Uprising! The message was deleted for the only reason that it wasn’t the real release date. Please keep-in mind the release date arrives in the trailer! There’s no possible way for anyone else than me, my tester and one of the voice actors, to know about-it. Please, stay-tuned.

2. The YouTube uploading failed yesterday due to incorrect format for the upcoming videos (now reconverted and currently uploading to the server). The Dark Army arrives in [a few hours]. Please stay tuned and know that I’m really sorry for what’s happening and for this long delay.

(ronboy) #214

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537443]Indeed. Thanks for keeping everyone informed mate. :slight_smile:

The YouTube uploading failed yesterday due to incorrect format for the upcoming videos (now reconverted and currently uploading to the server). The Dark Army arrives in [a few hours]. Please stay tuned and know that I’m really sorry for what’s happening and for this long delay.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. Don’t worry; I’m sure that everyone understands that unexpected errors can occur, especially with something intensive like uploading Youtube videos. Good luck, and I’m looking forward to your videos. :cool:

(William Faure) #215

The Dark Army’s return was delayed from yesterday to this day because of YouTube related problems (sorry for that). The modification is finally back with a new trailer and a long-commented gameplay presentation, as well as more new exiting stuff. Many people have been waiting for the modification’s return — I have to say it’s with happiness that I’m able to announce the release date. Thanks to the support of the fans and the community, I managed to nicely hang-on for more than two years. Thanks!

» Last Trailer

The last trailer of the modification has been published on YouTube and Mod DB. This new video reveals more about the context of the story as well as more details about the intentions of the protagonist and the antagonist, B.J. Blazkowicz and Deathshead!

//youtu.be/a-QejAZj48Y

» Gameplay Presentation

More than two years after the first one, a long-commented gameplay presentation of the modification has been published on YouTube and Mod DB and shows some glimpses of the five episodes of the story. Commented by TheRenegadist, this video reveals much more that expected with explanations about the features (such as night/day, graphic elements…) of the modification without spoiling the story.

//youtu.be/1JN_VF1_euY

» High-Quality Images

About thirty new high-quality images of The Dark Army: Uprising now published on Mod DB, showing new visuals of the different missions.

Check these out on http://www.moddb.com/mods/tda/images!

The promised wallpapers, promotional cards, browser themes, world map are awaiting authorization.
The release plans and details will come through the upcoming news on Mod DB (awaiting authorization too).

During this time, you can wait on Mod DB until it’s published!
The design of the whole Mod DB page of The Dark Army was changed.

(vicpas) #216

Hello, TITEUF-85.
I watched both videos and consider it a great achievement, but I noticed a mistake I believe that the Nazis never commit when setting their standards.
The swastikas are in the wrong position.

(William Faure) #217

[QUOTE=vicpas;537455]Hello, TITEUF-85.
I watched both videos and consider it a great achievement, but I noticed a mistake I believe that the Nazis never commit when setting their standards.
The swastikas are in the wrong position.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I’m really glad you like it.
Well, in fact I made the swastikas intentionally mirrored: this is censored in this case.
It is better than retrieving these like in the German RTCW. I don’t want German people to feel uncomfortable while playing-it. I didn’t wanted to have to do a censored edition so I mirrored the symbols. Hope you understand-it.

(ronboy) #218

Titeuf, nice work! This is going to be an amazing addition to Rtcw SP addons, and it will hopefully revive the game’s community. I especially like the new HUD shown on the gameplay presentation video. It’s a simple, but effective design choice, in my opinion. :slight_smile:

Once your mod gets released, it would be a great idea for Rtcw SP mappers to use the assets from your mod (if you don’t mind) in their works. For example, your mod could become a “clean” install of the game where mappers could use it for their works. What do you think about this?

(KeMoN) #219

I have to say it has been a real pleasure to track and watch this project getting along and I’m absolutely certain that we (the community) have just seen the tip of the iceberg. I can only imagine all the frustration and trouble that came along with the development.

Now with the release date public it all looks more real and believable. I honestly was uncertain whether one man can pull off such a workload, but you did it and that deserves all the respect you can get!

I wish you and all your helping hands the best of luck for the last months!
Cheers

(William Faure) #220

Thank-you my friend! I’m trying to make this modification a direct sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) and Wolfenstein (2009). I’m making my best to revive this amazing game and its community.

There will be multiple separate downloads (add-ons) for the original Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
These separate downloads will allow you to install the modification’s stuff on a clean install of RtCW.
More details will come through an update of the latest news article posted on the modification’s official Mod DB page.

Thanksbig surprises await in this modification.
To know about the true nature of this story… you’ll have to finish the campaign.

Thanks — once again, all I can say is that you’ll not be disappointed.
I didn’t expect to go so far; two years ago, it was a simple add-on.
But with the time, it became an entire new game.
I’m finally satisfied or what has been done.

This final trailer explains I’m almost done with the project.
Can’t wait for your to play it! Really can’t wait.

[QUOTE=KeMoN;537459]I wish you and all your helping hands the best of luck for the last months!
Cheers[/QUOTE]
Thank-you.