Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The Dark Army

(ronboy) #181

I’m looking forward to it! :smiley: (By the way, the grammar needs fixed in this image. 7 Days until the Dark Army’s Return! makes more sense than Day 7 Until the Dark Army’s Return!).

(William Faure) #182

Thanks — fixed.

(William Faure) #183

Patrolling Nazis!

(William Faure) #184

Night or day — the choice is yours!

(ronboy) #185

I’m curious; how did you create the option to choose between day and night? Did you create two copies of one map for this, or is it a feature exclusive to ioRtcw?

(melc_av) #186

Excelent Tite-uf,
First time for this option in RtCW.
And apropos, your photo are a little unclear. Like in 3D.
Do you have an option with 3D or normal vision?

(William Faure) #187

I had to make copies of course. However, make no mistake — these are not exact copies.
The enemy patrols will act differently and will be investigating different areas.

Example: if you play by night, there will be less enemies but the security will be tighter.
However, if you play by day, there will be more enemies but it will be less guarded.

The reason for this is the enemy’s presence in different areas by day/night.
Also, the artificial intelligence isn’t scripted the same.
More details on August 21.

[QUOTE=melc_av;537051]Excelent Tite-uf,
First time for this option in RtCW.
And apropos, your photo are a little unclear. Like in 3D.
Do you have an option with 3D or normal vision?[/QUOTE]
Thanks — also: 3D? No; these are “photos” and were taken with my phone (then edited).

(melc_av) #188

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537052]

Thanks — also: 3D? No; these are “photos” and were taken with my phone (then edited).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast answer Tite-uf.
I questioned about 3D vision because the photo show like 3D seen without glasses 3D.
The elements from last picture, in day choice, are dubled.

(William Faure) #189

I decided to give more details about what is going to be shown on August 21! Details below, stay-tuned!

Week to The Dark Army’s return on Mod DB!
I decided to tease you with some photos I’ve been taking through my recent tests — I will publish one everyday for a week until August 21! This blog article will be updated everyday with a new photo from my phone.

» Last Trailer
A ~four minutes long trailer of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on YouTube and Mod DB. It will reveal more about the story of the modification, its characters as well as new visuals on some missions.

» Gameplay Presentation
A ~one-hour long commented gameplay presentation of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on YouTube and Mod DB. It will innovate in the way where a voice actor will be making the commentary. The commentator will be TheRenegadist, voice acting Jack Stone in this modification. This long video will show some of the important features of the modification through five missions (little parts of these missions).

» Last Q&A Interview
A Q&A Interview of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on Mod DB. It will answer to many questions asked by the fans (if you have any questions you want to be answered, feel free to ask). The developer, the voice actors and the private testers will be free to highlight some important facts about their respective roles.

» Release Date
The release date will be finally revealed trough the trailer to be published on YouTube and Mod DB.

» Premium Access
As I received lot of mails asking about what happened to the Premium Access program, I decided to revive-it, and this time it will be available for everyone (no need to track the modification and/or no need to be subscribed — on Mod DB). It will allow you to play the modification before release.

» Playable Area Map
The entire map of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on Mod DB. You’ll see the entire playable area of the modification.

» High-Quality Images
About thirty new high-quality images of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on Mod DB. It will show new visuals on some missions.

» Wallpapers
Fresh high-quality desktop wallpapers of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published on Mod DB.

» Browser Themes
Interactive themes for your web browser of The Dark Army: Uprising will be published. Details soon.

» Promotional Cards
Some promotional images (cards) of The Dark Army: Uprising will be available for you to share on your blog(s)/website(s)/forum(s).

Source: Mod DB

(vicpas) #190

Hello, Titeuf-85.

Will you publish your project without testing?

(William Faure) #191

[QUOTE=vicpas;537083]Hello, Titeuf-85.

Will you publish your project without testing?[/QUOTE]
This project is being tested by a private tester.
Thanks to his help, I was able to correct many bugs and errors.
He will be testing it entirely soon to check one last time for potential persistent bugs.

(vicpas) #192

OK, good news.

(William Faure) #193

Thanks for your support.

(William Faure) #194

In the end we will be judged by what we have created!

(ronboy) #195

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537052]I had to make copies of course. However, make no mistake — these are not exact copies.
The enemy patrols will act differently and will be investigating different areas.

Example: if you play by night, there will be less enemies but the security will be tighter.
However, if you play by day, there will be more enemies but it will be less guarded.

The reason for this is the enemy’s presence in different areas by day/night.
Also, the artificial intelligence isn’t scripted the same.
More details on August 21.
[/QUOTE]

Okay. That’s a lot of work, since day/night time selecting is not a new feature in the ioRtcw engine.
What I would like to see are more intelligent AI (bots). When you compare the AI of Medal of Honor Allied Assault, for example, to the AI of Rtcw, it shows that Rtcw’s AI are really lacking in their abilities.

For example, they can’t lean around corners while shooting, hide behind cover (while shooting), or even go prone (lay on their bellies). This is all entirely possible to implement into the ID Tech 3 engine, because Medal of Honor uses this engine.

To say it simply: I believe the AI of Rtcw SP need a huge overhaul in their coding.

(William Faure) #196

[QUOTE=ronboy;537107]Okay. That’s a lot of work, since day/night time selecting is not a new feature in the ioRtcw engine.
What I would like to see are more intelligent AI (bots). When you compare the AI of Medal of Honor Allied Assault, for example, to the AI of Rtcw, it shows that Rtcw’s AI are really lacking in their abilities.

For example, they can’t lean around corners while shooting, hide behind cover (while shooting), or even go prone (lay on their bellies). This is all entirely possible to implement into the ID Tech 3 engine, because Medal of Honor uses this engine.

To say it simply: I believe the AI of Rtcw SP need a huge overhaul in their coding.[/QUOTE]
In TDA, the enemies will be taking cover when in battle.
However, it will keep the original game’s animations.
They will often be crouched.

As I played MoH:AA (and its extensions) I have the same thoughts you’ve got on RtCW.
However, RtCW is older than MoH:AA, so it’s understandable of course.

I’ve been able to contact some animators for future projects.
Will see what we can do in the future about animations.

(William Faure) #197

Beware the Venom!

(KeMoN) #198

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537110]
Will see what we can do in the future about animations.[/QUOTE]

The surprises just don’t end with you, mate! This sounds almost unbelievable.
Thank you so much for all your work. I’m really looking forward to this weekend!

(William Faure) #199

[QUOTE=KeMoN;537170][QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537110]I’ve been able to contact some animators for future projects.

The surprises just don’t end with you, mate! This sounds almost unbelievable.
Thank you so much for all your work. I’m really looking forward to this weekend![/QUOTE]

Thanks for saying this mate! I make my best to revive this game and its community.

(ronboy) #200

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;537110]In TDA, the enemies will be taking cover when in battle.
However, it will keep the original game’s animations.
They will often be crouched.

As I played MoH:AA (and its extensions) I have the same thoughts you’ve got on RtCW.
However, RtCW is older than MoH:AA, so it’s understandable of course.

Okay, thanks for explaining. I understand that Rtcw is older than MOHAA, but it really deserves an AI coding revision. HD texture mods, custom weapons, and some other awesome features have already been created for Rtcw, so I think that it’s time for the AI to change. After all, more players might show interest or become interested again if the AI were more intelligent.

Anyway, I’m really intrigued with what you said about working together with animators for future projects. :smiley: