Reputation system is stupid

(xTriXxy) #1

Whole reputation system is stupid. I can give bad rep to anyone without any reason too. I can and i will always return bad/good repution. But, i realy dont care if you disagree with my post. Im not interested so please, if you are goin to give me bad rep, dont write useless comments, i realy dont care.

About reputation/karma system. I will never post something only to receive “good” reputation from anyone here. My posts reflect my opinions so accept it or not.

(Apples) #2

And now you are all green and flashy again :smiley: Allways look at the bright si-ide of life! lala lala lala lala!

/happy

(light_sh4v0r) #3

lol, there’s Apples with his big repstick of love.

(Apples) #4

Now if that doesnt sound uber pervert!

And shazaaaam one moar star! dang, one pink to green, the other get one star, I’m too powerfull at this point, I’m afraid I … might… aaaaargh

apples transform into a cute little panda

XD

/random

(light_sh4v0r) #5

lol, was hoping for a reply like that :cool:

(DarkangelUK) #6

Now that we’ve tried having rep on view and post count hidden… i’d rather have rep hidden and post count on view.

(Apples) #7

Yup, at least you cant super chain boost your postcount and its pretty obvious, reputation is uber flawed as I (for exemple) give cookies for whatever reasons when I’m in good mood.

Peace

(stealth6) #8

Problem with the rep is there is no balance really, people are only going up. If you down rep somebody who has more rep then you then you’re pretty screwed. (When they take revenge the blow is harder on yourself)

So I am also more in favor of the post count then the rep system, unless the rep changes to a more balanced system.

(tokamak) #9

Yeah the value of your rating shouldn’t be dependant on your amount of reputation, that leads to really stupid shenanigans.

(Mustang) #10

QFT… that is all

(tokamak) #11

Rather not. People always tend to find a way to use it against you.

(Pegazus) #12

Instead of post count and stars, let´s see profile views now.

(tokamak) #13

That’s actually quite an interesting indicator of your ‘weight’ on the forum.

Then again, it’s also prone to yet another rat race in which people are circlejerking each other’s profiles, trying to trap others with links to their profiles etc.

(Nail) #14

meh, just make it join date, no one can fudge that

(.Chris.) #15

Stop posting crap and you’re problems are solved?

(Senethro) #16

I see visitor messages on peoples profiles apologizing for not being able to upvote a guy more because of limitations due to cookies.

rep system is worthless and only useful for identifying forum circlejerks

(kilL_888) #17

me dont like the rep system either. it hurts my feelings.

(kamikazee) #18

Don’t bash the system, hate the voters…

(xTriXxy) #19

LOL i received so many hate posts for this thread. thanks a LOT!

from “how old are” thread i saw SD community is mature, but… you know, from messages im not sure :frowning:

im just normal (or pretendong to be) :slight_smile: normal as you, so i dont understand whay so many hate. I dont care anymore

(DarkangelUK) #20

Btw OT: In your sig is not real Brink PC stats, as I said before, all that shows is those currently playing in searchable MP games. It doesn’t take into account those simply messing with customization, playing offline, or people like me that load devmap and mess around on my own. Steam stats show anyone that load the game, regardless of what they do while in it… so Steam is real, not your link.