Type:

• Defect, gameplay, regression, undocumented

Severity:

• Low-medium

Version:

Reproduction rate:

• 10/10

Description:

• From some time after June 2017 or before August 2017, Proxy mines no longer automatically detonate when coming into contact with molotov fire.

They now need to be shot or otherwise tripped in order to achieve the same result.

Steps to reproduce:

• Any one of the following:
  • Throw a Proxy mine into molotov fire
  • Throw a molotov next to a Proxy mine
  • Throw a molotov directly at a Proxy mine

Expected results:

• Proxy mine explodes on contact with molotov fire

Actual results:

• Proxy mine remains unaffected by molotov fire
  • Since the Guardian update, a crosshair hit indicator (red X) may appear and persist if throwing a molotov at a Proxy mine

Fix:

• N/A

Remarks:

• This is only about molotov fire, and may not have anything to do with subsequent changes to Proxy mines (Guardian update and later) or sticky bombs

(F4T4L1Z3D) #2

Since recent even Fletcher sticky bombs and Nader’s grenade launcher don’t have any effect on proximity mines , idk about the rest mercs, might be the same

(PorkyPerson) #3

@F4T4L1Z3D said:
Since recent even Fletcher sticky bombs and Nader’s grenade launcher don’t have any effect on proximity mines , idk about the rest mercs, might be the same

I was just coming here to report it. So annoying when you know there’s a mine around a corner, but shooting it will hit you.

While we’re at it, mines dropped directly on fire should count as damage from the Proxy so it can clear the fire. I’ve noticed mines often don’t even explode. This is okay, because if the fire set it off it might count as Stoker’s damage, which wouldn’t clear the fire.

Stickies dropped in fire often don’t clear it. Either they aren’t making it far enough into the fire or they are getting damaged by the fire and counting as Stoker’s damage, which wouldn’t clear it.

I suspect they are trying to make it that if you throw a sticky or mine into fire it counts as Proxy/Fletcher damage, but if you throw fire onto a sticky or mine it counts as Stoker damage and additionally doesn’t clear the fire.