- FEL-IX, chambering noise: Silent when zoomed in, plays upon zooming out
- Defect, weapons, audio, undocumented, regression
- Low or low-medium
- Undocumented, regression
Last known good version:
First affected version:
- Unable to verify this due to differences in local/offline behavior
20180123 Lead and Iron introduced this change:
- Other Changes and Fixes
* Fixed a bug with Fel-ix cocking sound not playing
I don't remember how the FEL-IX behaved prior to Lead and Iron, so I don't know whether it improved this behavior or not.
- GatoCommodore: Sniper bolt-action rechambering sounds can be heard across the map (third-person sound)
- This silently (undocumented, not in the patch notes) addresses the FEL-IX’s third-person sound, but I also don’t know how this compares to older versions, either (if it’s quieter or inaudible at the same distances).
If you fire the FEL-IX while zoomed in, and you zoom out before the next shot is ready, you will hear the chambering noise only when you zoom out.
You can play the chambering noise repeatedly, on top of each other, if you rapidly zoom in and out while preparing the next shot.
If you fire the FEL-IX while zoomed in the entire time, you will not hear any chambering noise at all (or, very rarely, just the first layered click, or just the first click and the last brass drop).
This occurs even when you spectate a teammate.
Steps to reproduce:
- Equip the FEL-IX
- Fire while zoomed in the entire time
- Fire while zoomed in, and zoom out while preparing the next shot
- (optional) Fire no-scoped, and zoom in and out while preparing the next shot
- (optional) Fire, then immediately cancel by switching weapons
- (optional) Fire, then immediately cancel by switching weapons, and immediately zoom in the entire time when you switch back
- (optional) Fire, then immediately cancel by switching weapons, and zoom in and out when you switch back
- When firing fully zoomed, you can hear the gunshot, then the chambering noise
- When firing and then zooming out before the next shot is ready, no extra chambering noises play
- When firing fully zoomed, you can hear the gunshot, then silence
- When firing and then zooming out before the next shot is ready, another chambering noise plays
Prior to Dockyard, if you fired and immediately switched weapons, the FEL-IX’s chambering noise would play anyway. When you switched back, no sound would be played.
The FEL-IX also didn’t play extra chambering noises upon zooming out. (The MOA SNPR-1 was already doing this for some time by then.) It’s unclear whether Dockyard introduced it or not.
In Dockyard and later, it was very easy to replicate this behavior locally/offline: The FEL-IX’s chambering noise would be silent usually immediately (on the very first shot no-scoped, if not after few repeated ones), for any shot regardless of zoom, and it would stay that way across several SwitchLevels.
The MOA SNPR-1 occasionally plays a partial chambering noise (the latter portion?) if you cancel, and then switch back while holding zoom.