Sniper bolt-action rechambering sounds can be heard across the map

(GatoCommodore) #1

i was playing earlier, joined in the middle of the match when suddenly i heard fel-IX bolt action sound like its really close to me.

I circle the area 2 times, i thought this guy is trolling me but then the sound came back but no gunshot sound.
i ignore it and then i saw vasilli across the map is trying to shoot something with fel-IX and the sound can be heard by everyone in the server.

can anyone else confirm this?

(K1X455) #2

What I heard was “NEED A MEDIC”

(Press E) #3

Lol, reminds me of when you could hear the enemy team shout “repairing the objective!” when they started repairing the EV. Not sure if it’s been fixed yet, but it was always pretty hilarious

(pumpkinmeerkat) #4

LOL this is most definitely a bug. You can hear enemy Fel-ix chambering across the map. Was definitely happening with Aimee, not sure about Vas. How do things like this make it into the game with any updates though?

(Mc1412013) #5

@STARRYSOCK said:
Lol, reminds me of when you could hear the enemy team shout “repairing the objective!” when they started repairing the EV. Not sure if it’s been fixed yet, but it was always pretty hilarious

If ypur within a certain range it makes sense to hear them shout

(Press E) #6

@Mc1412013 said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Yeah, but you can’t hear the enemy team shout when they’re doing anything else.

Besides, even if DB was trying to be realistic, it would make more sense not to shout anything considering ninja repairs are a thing in DB

(frostyvampire) #7

@STARRYSOCK said:

I’m pretty sure you can still hear it. Which makes sense if you are close to them. It would be nice if enemies could hear all voice lines if they are close to you. Would be so fun running next to an enemy Skyhammer and shout “AMMO!”

(Mc1412013) #8

@STARRYSOCK said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@STARRYSOCK said:

Yeah, but you can’t hear the enemy team shout when they’re doing anything else.

Besides, even if DB was trying to be realistic, it would make more sense not to shout anything considering ninja repairs are a thing in DB

Yeah i do like my double long jumps off a bridge with phantom cloaked right to ev

(Da_Mummy) #9

Same for reloading guns. I mean JESUS CHRISTMAS PHANTOM do you have to yell like Tarzan on Janes day home alone without her parents when I’m trying to stab people in the booty.
But yeah often the bolt action sound also sounds kinda misplacedlike hearing the enemy Vasilli reloading behind you when he is still on first objective chapel.

(Shenaynays) #10

usually when you hear these kinds of bugs on the servers its usually a client side issues so it can get fixed by typing KillAllSounds into your dev console. hope this helps <3

(GatoCommodore) #11

@Shenaynays said:
usually when you hear these kinds of bugs on the servers its usually a client side issues so it can get fixed by typing KillAllSounds into your dev console. hope this helps <3

But my friends in the other team heard it too…

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #12

Jesus, the FEL-IX is more broken than my granddad’s hip.

(GatoCommodore) #13

@MuddyGrenade said:

your granddad’s hip sounds like “KACHUNK-CHAK”?

(Shenaynays) #14

@GatoCommodore said:

@Shenaynays said:

But my friends in the other team heard it too…

I might be wrong with what i said but i havnt had that bug occur yet, thats just the general band aid fix that works for pretty much every audio bug

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #15

@GatoCommodore said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

your granddad’s hip sounds like “KACHUNK-CHAK”?

Maybe.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #16

To be honest, a lot of sounds seem to break every now and then during the games updates. Some of my friends, and myself even, no longer hear the elevator noises in Undergrounds 1st stage. Sometimes footstep sounds don’t play at all, for whatever reason, and the voice lines of mercs are unusually quiet outside of gameplay. The audio breaking is nothing new for this game, and it is a persisting problem that will likely continue throughout the games lifespan. Best to just mention and report the broken sounds as often as you can so they know what is messed up, in my opinion anyways.

(Mc1412013) #17

@-OCB-Wildcard said:
To be honest, a lot of sounds seem to break every now and then during the games updates. Some of my friends, and myself even, no longer hear the elevator noises in Undergrounds 1st stage. Sometimes footstep sounds don’t play at all, for whatever reason, and the voice lines of mercs are unusually quiet outside of gameplay. The audio breaking is nothing new for this game, and it is a persisting problem that will likely continue throughout the games lifespan. Best to just mention and report the broken sounds as often as you can so they know what is messed up, in my opinion anyways.

Never had the elevator noise disaapear but no elevator audio would work in the person going ups favor. Ive taken out people(mostly snipers) just by listening forn elevator

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #18

@Mc1412013 said:

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

Never had the elevator noise disaapear but no elevator audio would work in the person going ups favor. Ive taken out people(mostly snipers) just by listening forn elevator

I just look down and see the symbol that indicates the button for the elevator. You can see it pretty clearly through the floor on 1st stage, and by looking up within close enough proximity on 2nd; and it also disappears when upon activation by a player. So, to be honest, the audio doesn’t make much difference for me there but it was worth noting.

(Mc1412013) #19

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

I just look down and see the symbol that indicates the button for the elevator. You can see it pretty clearly through the floor on 1st stage, and by looking up within close enough proximity on 2nd; and it also disappears when upon activation by a player. So, to be honest, the audio doesn’t make much difference for me there but it was worth noting.

Never noticed that have to look out for that but i have a feeling there going to remove the elevators from that map