Regarding A Certain Someone...

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #1

I’m sure a lot of us have seen him (assuming it’s a him), but there is a certain someone that has been posting a lot of… well troll-ish posts recently. I doubt I have to say who it is, you probably know who I’m talking about, but I figure I’d make this post just to say: ignore him. He’s clearly trolling, even if he does have valid questions, he’s also asking questions that are clearly designed just to make people facepalm, or just scratch their heads with confusion. The mods will deal with him if they deem has a true troll and spammer, even if a fan of the game itself, but while it is fun to poke fun at him, he is still a bit of a problem.
Also I’m not trying to be some kind of self-appointed mod, I mostly just don’t want to see other people get flagged for messing with him, or even seriously insulting him.
And if you’re reading this, person-of-subject… it would be nice if you would stop with the troll threads. We all get a kick out of them, but don’t think that you are not a troll who doesn’t have to be dealt with.
Thank you for you time!

(Ptiloui) #2

Honestly, I’m seeing this person more as a teen who’s not yet at ease with our internet behaviours and “traditions” than a real troll. Sure he posted weird or not so kind replies, but he looks like innocent to me. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt (yeah I maybe a bit naïve :wink: )

Furthermore, working as a helpline technician teached me how to be patient with people :slight_smile:

(henki000) #3

I dont think she/he is a problem.

…yet.

(GatoCommodore) #4

(kopyright) #5

@henki000 said:
I dont think she/he is a problem.

…yet.

Or “anymore”? Seems like most of the threads have gone.

(AlbinMatt) #6

Seriously, did I miss an episode of Modern Family or something? What happened?

(CyberVonCyberus) #7

@AlbinMatt said:

"How to create a poll on these forums.
tell me "

(Ptiloui) #8

@CyberVonCyberus said:

@AlbinMatt said:

"How to create a poll on these forums.
tell me "

You forgot the part where @Lord_Coctus answer him with his own knowledge and got the reply “stop making irrelevant post” xD

(Boory Marks) #9

Yeah, I know exactly how you’re talking about…

(Your worst knifemare.) #10

Oh well it happened.
Besides for my moment and a fight with another user, it hasn’t really gotten too bad.

(Xenithos) #11

This wouldn’t perhaps be the young person with a female name that loves democracy would it be?

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #12

@Xenithos said:
This wouldn’t perhaps be the young person with a female name that loves democracy would it be?

It would be.

(kopyright) #13

I firmly believe this was all just a field test by @Eox to find out more about community toxicity.

(AlbinMatt) #14

@Xenithos said:

Ah, now I know who said person is.

@kopyright said:
I firmly believe this was all just a field test by @Eox to find out more about community toxicity.

If this is so, than that diabetic Frenchie deserves an acting award.

(Xenithos) #15

@kopyright said:

He couldn’t be that bad with his sentences even if he tried.

(Xenithos) #16

Um… I think said person was actually completely dealt with. I don’t see any posts, discussions, or threads, and upon inspection of said account those options are hidden from me.

However, the “Troll” tag wasn’t added to the top of that account, nor was the user given bars. I don’t remember shadow-banning being a thing in the rules that could happen IF that’s what’s happened. Any insight?

One more thing, said account’s posts, etc. may be hidden, but that account CAN “quote insightful disagree, etc” like normal and THOSE are how you can find the account atm…

(AlbinMatt) #17

Golly, that seems severely authoritarian, even by private forums standards. Did they take her to the back room and double-barrelled her with buckshots or something?

Well I probably shouldn’t have put those pronouns there now that I think about it.

(martha_smith) #18

can you read my mssage

@AlbinMatt @MuddyGrenade

(Eox) #19

@Xenithos said:
Um… I think said person was actually completely dealt with. I don’t see any posts, discussions, or threads, and upon inspection of said account those options are hidden from me.

However, the “Troll” tag wasn’t added to the top of that account, nor was the user given bars. I don’t remember shadow-banning being a thing in the rules that could happen IF that’s what’s happened. Any insight?

One more thing, said account’s posts, etc. may be hidden, but that account CAN “quote insightful disagree, etc” like normal and THOSE are how you can find the account atm…

Shadow banning is not a thing and will never be. And the troll tag might actually not visible for normal users as far as I can remember. So if someone is marked as troll, you will not know it.

(henki000) #20

If people could know that someone is shadow banned and someone is blamed for trolling by administration. Then perhaps people would behave better. They could know where is the line of trolling and innocent fun of writing weird stuff. I’m not referring to this mysterious person that is subject to this thread. I think her/his posts are controversially trolling and should not be punished without public court. Now people will just remember her/him for doing something that dont have transparent grounds, agitating rumours or credibility.