Ranked Matchmaking is Beyond Broken

(pumpkinmeerkat) #21

Has this been addressed directly by devs? Seems to have been avoided in the weekly update videos.

(Dawnlazy) #22

Has this been addressed directly by devs? Seems to have been avoided in the weekly update videos.[/quote]

How would you even solve it in a reasonable way though?

(pumpkinmeerkat) #23

This was my unreasonable idea.

More curious if devs have any thoughts or plans of their own as it is a rather hot topic.

(SnakekillerX) #24

This was my unreasonable idea.

More curious if devs have any thoughts or plans of their own as it is a rather hot topic.

[/quote]

It isn’t unreasonable for Ranked, but for Pub I think there should be no merc limit.

(Szakalot) #25

@Dawnlazy said:
pumpkinmeerkat wrote: »

AlphaUT wrote: »

How about fix @$!# multiple mercs like 3 thunders. What a joke.

Has this been addressed directly by devs? Seems to have been avoided in the weekly update videos.

How would you even solve it in a reasonable way though?

ban thunder from ranked, problem solved

(Whens_Phoenix) #26

The matchmaking in this game can only be fixed if somehow the playerbase gets bigger. Pretty much every match will be decided by the initial dice rolling, as the matchmaking simply doesn’t seem to have the necessary amount of players to assign fair games.

What’s obviously supposed to happen is that you play with people around your ranking but what mostly happens is that you get 1 player who’s above the rest, 3 in the middle and 1 guy who’s gonna be busy sitting in the corner sniffing glue. And as this game stresses teamplay, the excellent player will probably not be able to perform at their best as well.

The worst cases in my opinion happen when you get the 1-3-1 situation and the enemy team is across the board even. It dosen’t matter at all how amazing that 1 guy might be, it’s simply not possible to compensate for an entire team [Which is actually good balancing and game design on the other hand so I’m glad it dosen’t happen].

(n-x) #27

From the technical aspect aside. It really also comes down to the attitude of the players. People give up too fast.

If the running straight to the EV on chapel with Proxy doesnt work, they start to dick around or surrender, because trying something new is way too hard.

I have the feeling that a lot of people only feel it is a good match, when they easily win. It is really difficult to get a match that is balanced all the way. First of all, the match making itself is problematic and secondly, if you are lucky enough to get a balanced match, people are not willing to focus.

And last but not least, SD didnt think season 2 through in the slightest. Lets just throw in some rewards and this is our great plan. That the rewards will be just a magnet for clueless players, thats something they overlooked. Silver ranks are a mess because almost everybody lands there. Why somebody who went through his placement matches 10-0 can still be matched against someone who came out with 0-10 is mind blowing to me.
Furthermore, season 1 was such a failure and still DBN was able to get a balanced and fun format out of DB. By banning Thunder and disallowing the same merc twice per team. This is a format that was tested countless hours for months. And instead of learning from the huge pool of knowledge DBN offers, SD just released ranked as a glorified version of casual.

(Nail) #28

actually, I believe ranked 2 was released as a test, just like ranked 1, not to do with final release and yes, people have crappy imavictim attitudes

(pumpkinmeerkat) #29

[quote=“n-x;c-224341”]
I have the feeling that a lot of people only feel it is a good match, when they easily win. [/quote]

This^

(doxjq) #30

[quote=“pumpkinmeerkat;c-224361”][quote=“n-x;c-224341”]
I have the feeling that a lot of people only feel it is a good match, when they easily win. [/quote]

This^[/quote]

Pretty much. I’ve stated this so many times. It frustrates me because a lot of the people who complain about “balance” actually don’t care about balance at all, they just care about losing. Put them on the winning team where they are totally stomping the enemy into the ground in their own spawn for 15 minutes, and it’s apparently no problem at all, and is just a “gg guys” …

I know not everyone is like that, don’t get me wrong, but there are plenty of players around that are like this, and it does my ****ing head in.

(GatoCommodore) #31

Professional victim is a job nowadays tho.

(phobiatic) #32

The problem I experience with ranked is the matchmaking is still not fixed compared to when they closed the ranked system. I’m now finally Gold Agent ranked after a lot of games. Today I lost 6 matches in a row because I kept getting matched with unranked players. Why does a Gold ranked player get teamed with unranked? I can understand I can get matched with silver / high bronze. But being ranked with people that don’t even have achieved a ranked status is just broken.

(phobiatic) #33

The problem I experience with ranked is the matchmaking is still not fixed compared to when they closed the ranked system. I’m now finally Gold Agent ranked after a lot of games. Today I lost 6 matches in a row because I kept getting matched with unranked players. Why does a Gold ranked player get teamed with unranked? I can understand I can get matched with silver / high bronze. But being ranked with people that don’t even have achieved a ranked status is just broken.

They should not allow players at lv2 to join ranked and surely not matchmake them with people that got Gold ranked. I’m aware they still working on it, but think they did nothing to ranked system when they took it down, not much got improved and feel the game need first a balance patch, since some mercs really outperform in ranked and other are just useless.

Another thing I feel annoyed with is, why “freecycle mercs” are unlocked for ranked. They should make it that you can only take mercs you own into a ranked match. Like now with free thunder it is just a flash spam in ranked not to talk about the unbalance it cause, but that’s for another topic. Also limit the amount of same mercs in a team. We can all agree that some mercs require less “skill” than other. Allowing more than 1 player with that merc to play on a team only cause unbalance.

(phobiatic) #34

They should not allow players at lv2 to join ranked and surely not matchmake them with people that got Gold ranked. I’m aware they still working on it, but think they did nothing to ranked system when they took it down, not much got improved and feel the game need first a balance patch, since some mercs really outperform in ranked and other are just useless.

Another thing I feel annoyed with is, why “freecycle mercs” are unlocked for ranked. They should make it that you can only take mercs you own into a ranked match. Like now with free thunder it is just a flash spam in ranked not to talk about the unbalance it cause, but that’s for another topic. Also limit the amount of same mercs in a team. We can all agree that some mercs require less “skill” than other. Allowing more than 1 player with that merc to play on a team only cause unbalance.

(RaspberryChewy) #35

It’s just that Matchmaking in Silver is a Random Lottery, you either get a GG team, Kerbstomp the enemy. Then say “GG close game” or they are on the losing side. This is unacceptable and really needs to be fucking fixed…

(Splicerrr) #36

@RaspberryChewy said:
It’s just that Matchmaking in Silver is a Random Lottery, you either get a GG team, Kerbstomp the enemy. Then say “GG close game” or they are on the losing side. This is unacceptable and really needs to be @$!# fixed…

This necro xD

(GatoCommodore) #37

@Splicerrr said:

@RaspberryChewy said:
It’s just that Matchmaking in Silver is a Random Lottery, you either get a GG team, Kerbstomp the enemy. Then say “GG close game” or they are on the losing side. This is unacceptable and really needs to be @$!# fixed…

This necro xD

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #38

@RaspberryChewy said:

I can only say this… welcome to Dirty Bomb Ranked, my second Personal Hell; with Pub Games being the first. Please enjoy your stay and keep your salt canisters handy, at all times. >:)

PS. This is the case in any bracket of Ranked; it is an RNG Lottery that will often choose to bend you over, rather than give you anything to work with.

(Da_Mummy) #39

@-OCB-Wildcard said:
PS. This is the case in any bracket of Ranked; it is an RNG Lottery that will often choose to bend you over, rather than give you anything to work with.

Or it just gives you an unpleasant treatment to get f***ed without any dinner beforehand. It’s like joining the army and get assigned to a unit of kindergardeners.

(StIwY) #40

Just another example. From time to time i like to shoot a screenshot of this madness.

https://s14.postimg.org/wwpwxk335/shootergame-win32-shipping_2018_02_14_23_41_39_369.jpg

B) 6/10 players unranked B)