Question..

(Ashleh88) #1

Hey,

First of all love that this mod is still active. I started playing back in 2001 I’m 29 now. So I really want to start playing this again just for pure nostalgia. So what downloads do I need, What mods shall I play as I’ve noticed alot of mods in the game whats popular?

Thanks in advanced and apologies with the post.

Cheers.

(twt_thunder) #2

https://www.etlegacy.com/

(Domagoj) #3

[QUOTE=Ashleh88;558332]Hey,

First of all love that this mod is still active. I started playing back in 2001 I’m 29 now. So I really want to start playing this again just for pure nostalgia. So what downloads do I need, What mods shall I play as I’ve noticed alot of mods in the game whats popular?

Thanks in advanced and apologies with the post.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Hey friend, first of all welcome back to ET scene!

You can visit our silent server, we are running mostly offical maps and server is anticheat protected. It could b a good place to start.

Here is the ip: 144.76.122.34:27432

Cya!

(Nerwitz) #4

Steps. For starting point, head on Wolf ET official webspace that you obtain the corresponding game client. Several all-in-one installers on the internet that fragile and sporadic in terms of stable content, while different are kept to date, I do not recommend those for the case. Manage the content yourself.

Mods. Oh, the mods…

It depends basically on your preferences,how do you like the experience to develop. Some may like the old skool competitive side of Wolfenstein, some do are attracted by the reminiscing fun it presents you. Mods are few that are top of the block for a long time, named in random order - ETpro, ETpub (pure competitve reworks), Jaymod, NoQuarter, silEnT, N!tmod, ETrun, ETJump. The latter being for instance TJ mods for the trickjumpers in y’all (lol I’m brainstuck learning the physics of jumping them obstacles in the basic maps…is that higher mathematics?!)

Whatever mod is popular by itself as it’s covering different aspects of gameplay (^^^), you can’t tag ET mods by popularity, though the general consensus is torn between NQ, Nitmod & silEnT for the most part. Jaymod can be too considered multiplayed.

My thoughts.:tongue:

Take under account Punkbuster shutdown, still. Ever since support dropped support on that product, servers owners still run the anti-cheat for some degree of security led to players can’t enter the following through ET Legacy (open project conducted by enthusiastic designers, mappers, lua coders) due to the nature of the project, and time factor building solid anticheat system in the core. Not to worry, I am regular on ET from its invention, and went through the stages game got. Assured PB the last concern bugging you (if not an ET legacy resident, may get painful entering restricted gameservers)