Problem with Scripts not recompiling

(j105rob) #1

I am working on a concept and with the help of the Boktor thread, I was able to get past my 4 days of frustration, big thx to all who helped him, and provided valuable info.

Now I have a weird issue with the SDK not recompiling my scripts when I change the scripts, compile, then run the map using devmap. It seems to only recompile the scripts when I re-launch the SDK. Is this a known issue, or is there a command to force the scripts to recompile when the devmap command is issued to load the map?

Thanks,
Rob.

(Boktor) #2

Have you tried the r̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶S̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶s̶ reloadScript command in the console?

(j105rob) #3

I get a response of unknown command.

(Boktor) #4

Sorry, it’s just reloadScript

(j105rob) #5

Works!!! Awesome and Thanks for the quick reply.

(Boktor) #6

No prob. In case you didn’t know, when you type stuff in partially in the console (like just “reload”) hit tab and it autocompletes or gives you a list of possible commands. Works with pretty much anything you type in the console in-game or in the SDK.

(Ashog) #7

Hmm, I like your new Slylandro Probe avatar :slight_smile:

(Boktor) #8

So Rob, what are you working on if I may ask??

:wink: thanks Ashog. I think I should find an animated one… END CONTACT SUB-SEQUENCE.

(j105rob) #9

[QUOTE=Boktor;436706]So Rob, what are you working on if I may ask??
[/QUOTE]

I am a software engineer and we have a customer that is interested in using games for training. But I have no game development experience, so I am trying to learn how things are done. Trying to figure out how the pieces all work. My next task is trying to get real-world data into the game for display on in game GUIs. <- any tips!!!

(Susefreak) #10

ETQW engine seems to be quite an odd choice for it, better go for the vanilla D3 engine, there’s a lot more information on it. Unless you’ve licensed the engine of course.

Maybe the Doom for Console project can shed some light on the subject: http://quakewars.filefront.com/file/Doom_Wars;85073