Problem with grahpics (Enemy Territoy Quake Wars)

(ChaosDoggo) #1

Hello, I am ChaosDoggo.

I didn’t saw a Technical Issue forum or something so I thought this was the best choice to post my problem.
(Please don’t get angry if it isn’t)

So I have a graphics problem with ETQW. My friend brought a CD-ROM second hand. The CD-ROM itself works fine.

The problem is, I tried to change the grahpic settings.

Currently:
1920x1080
Quality: High
16:9

Well, at first it looked fine. But when the game restarted I noticed some parts of the screen is missing. Like I only see 1/4 of the screen itself and the rest just falls outside the edges.

Attached some picture’s to show what I mean.

P.S: This is the whole computer screen as I see it now after I changed graphics.

Computer specs:
Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition
Windows 10
GTX 960M
Intel Core i7

I wanted to re-install the game but I first wanted to know if there is an other option. I tried setting it to default already but that didn’t helped.

Also, has this happened more often?

(REA987) #2

Windows 10 is a disease. Find game’s executable (etqw.exe) in the installation directory; right click; properties; Compatibility; Override high dpi scaling behavior. Try all 3 option. Also change r_mode value into -1 in etqwconfig.cfg at the configuration file(s) location:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/what-does-the-new-dpi-options-do/e4afd178-50d7-463b-acd4-dbcb0a00ab21?auth=1

(Runeforce) #3

It’s proprietary, how could it not be? :slight_smile:

As to the OP’s problem, you might have to set your resolution via the in-game command-line.

(REA987) #4

Nope, that’s not a game’s resolution problem. Windows 10 somehow messes with old games resolution; I experienced the same with ETQW on Windows 10. It might be related with “game mode” crap that they introduced with Creators Update.