OpenWolf

(Shanks) #21

No you can’t. Clients need to download the binaries if you make changes to the client code of the engine like that. Cvars are stored locally, if you make an engine mod that changes the behaviour of them then all clients need to be able to access said changes.

(nUllSkillZ) #22

Not sure if I’ve mentioned that before.
It should only be named OpenWolf if you also try to free all game assets like models, textures and sounds.
Like OpenArena.
The source of the six stock maps is also available.
So these maps aren’t a problem.

(lamps) #23

@daz2007

I know you have a right to your opinion and I have nothing against it but I ask you really nicely to take your business somewhere else.

Once in a while when someone actually tries (even if it stays at that) taking such a project, negative energy is really not welcome.

Thanks.

(donmichelangelo) #24

[QUOTE=daz2007;355341]Multiplayers Games Should Always Focus on Speed Rather then Graphics, Building a DX11 Class Engine for ET makes no Sense, it will make the Community Smaller, If you have a Low End PC then bye bye Xreal.

Xreal/Open Territory has No Anti-Cheat Technology, not even Punkbuster, How Will Servers Manage.

the ET Binaries are Open Source, you can build your own Version there and take the Cheat flag away from cvars and Play with Cheats on any Server e.g. r_wolffog “0”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat!!![/QUOTE]

When we talk about XreaL, we are talking over an OpenGL game. So any graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 (today it’s much) will be able to run the game and honestly so much post-processing effects aren’t there in XreaL atm so that it will slow down either XreaL/OpenTerritory or OpenWolf as long as everything is well optimised, what is there? oh yeah the HDR 64-bit pipeline and Bloom and both will be probably disabled by pro-gamers so that you just have the updated “next-gen” textures.

Yes, Source Engine, UDK, Unity 3D… all of them having neat SDK Tools but that was it already about it. You don’t have the freedom like in open-sourced idtech Engines, though in some special cases you can’t overhaul the ET engine as you like, in regards of entity limits and if you want to keep the game compatible with mods.

Regarding cheats and other “crap”:
The following games do also not have anti-cheat, in a meaning of VAC or PB and their sources are public: Tremolous, Urban Terror, Smokin Guns, World of Padman and the ioQuake3 source itself. Games like Tremolous and Urban Terror (maybe not as much as TF2, but therefore that the source code is free it’s much) are alot played today and somehow they do manage cheaters also without something like PB or VAC, so it’s possible, though indeed it would be nice to have anti-cheat, but not under every circumstances like selling his own soul or paying a fee…

So from my point of view any ET related game should stay on idtech.

(Dushan) #25

Little update :slight_smile:
I managed to get working OpenMP ( implementation of multithreading ) in OpenWolf.
Game is now recognizes my quad core processor :slight_smile:

EDIT: Added one more photo

(acQu) #26

Nice. Do you plan to work on it more ?

(zbzero) #27

keep the good work man!!!

(Dushan) #28

Little update :slight_smile:
Managed to get full 99% of quad core :slight_smile:

(crapshoot) #29

possibly in the future. biggest obstacle is all the dependencies; like GameMonkey Script.

(etwolfmod) #30

I tried openwolf just now, runs great, except that on my older computer it uses 100% resources, and starts like after 3-4 minutes loading. Tried x86, havent tried x64 yet.

(Dushan) #31

I had little time so I did some work on IRC support in OpenWolf, and allowed that sv_ircchannel to be CVAR_ARCHIVE.

I still need to test it on dedicate server, but I believe that its working now. At end I get 127.0.0.1 - localhost, maybe because I test all in local network.

Also I experimented little with http access using cUrl. Idea was or is that if game crash to collect info and to post bugreport on mod url or game url (whoever host mantis).
Post error notice should look like (“mod”, “map”, “nick”, then “id_number”, “summary”, “description” and “steps_how_to_reproduce”).

(Dushan) #32

Little MySQL update :slight_smile:

I have managed to get written into MySQL user IP address, username/game nick and user GUID.
Soon I can move game XP and skill levels into MySQL table also.

(Mateos) #33

:eek: Overpowered admins :tongue:

(Dushan) #34

Well it don’t have to be or to look like that. :wink:

More MySQL clarifications :slight_smile:
Managed to get 70% of ban structure into MySQL (maybe user_banlist table structure is crap) …
For now ban_ip, ban_guid, ban_reason, ban_give_reason, ban_banner, ban_username is written in table. Left is only ban_start, ban_end, ban_exclude …

(dutchmeat) #35

How’s your guid computed ?
Perhaps you should change the banner identifier to a guid, since a name can change.

(Dushan) #36

[QUOTE=dutchmeat;358877]How’s your guid computed ?
Perhaps you should change the banner identifier to a guid, since a name can change.[/QUOTE]

Its at this moment standard ioQuake3 qkey generated file
Well tables may be crap :slight_smile: But for now and for testing its OK. All generated guid’s are unique, and all clients are identify by that.

Currently am experimented with uuid possibility. Will see how will that go.

(etwolfmod) #37

Steam uses guid, right?

(Dushan) #38

I am not sure if Steam uses GUID, but I know that it use Steam ID number.

I managed to get CPU Information read from Windows Registry base :slight_smile:
From actually key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and information about the system’s current usage of both physical and virtual memory.

(Shanks) #39

[QUOTE=Dushan;360087]I am not sure if Steam uses GUID, but I know that it use Steam ID number.

I managed to get CPU Information read from Windows Registry base :slight_smile:
From actually key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and information about the system’s current usage of both physical and virtual memory.

[/QUOTE]

But what about Linux and Mac support for this feature?

(Dushan) #40

Well.
Unix systems use term swap to describe both the act of moving memory pages between RAM and disk and I don’t know how to read memory info from other systems (bsd, linux, macos). Because of that this will be for some time windows only, until I google some help for linux/mac and there equivalent for SYSTEM_INFO, MEMORYSTATUS, GetSystemInfo and GlobalMemoryStatus (I used that to read memory information) there.

For CPU info I believe that I can manage to read some information from “/proc/cpuinfo” at Linux systems, but again it will not be so details like in windows build. For other BSD/Mac systems I think that I can query “/var/run/dmesg.boot” file directly or to read some information with “sysctlbyname” from “hw.cputype” , “hw.ncpu”’, “hw.machine” and “hw.model”, but yet again it will not be so detail.

I can soon provide KDevelop solution for OpenWolf and to make it more Linux friendly.