Old player trying to come back

(Liard S36) #1

Hi, you have no idea how glad I am to see that this game is still alive, last time I played it was more than 10 years ago, when I was a kiddo, and today I finally remembered the name and after a google search, I saw that it was taken off of steam, can anyone please tell me where can I buy this masterpiece, aside from ebay and amazon? Thanks.

(DarkangelUK) #2

The game is in a bit of a no man’s land just now, it’s an id software game developed by splash damage and published by Activision and I believe they still have those rights, they still run the master server anyway. I’m not sure what it would take to get it back on steam, maybe bethesda need to buy the rights back off Activision or something.

(Liard S36) #3

Oh, but if I buy a copy from Ebay or Amazon, it will be vaild? will I be able to play multiplayer with that one or?

(DarkangelUK) #4

I honestly couldn’t say whether it would work or not.

(REA987) #5

Hey,

Welcome back! The game still has a small but active community which populates couple servers in EU and NA regions in the evenings:

https://www.gametracker.com/search/etqw/?searchipp=50#search

The game is no longer digitally available. You can get a physical copy on Amazon or eBay for around 5 bucks. Especially second hand copies are pretty cheap; just make sure it is shipped with a manual which has license code on it.