Oh gosh SHA1 checksums

(taw_m0nsta) #1

Since Donnovan is publishing every Alpha release with new checksums, I was wondering how to generate the correct code for putting it in a campaign file. I am not a math professor, also don’t want to become one… Isn’t there a way to do it with a single click? :slight_smile: Ill bet it needs to same ‘shortcode’ on any other custom server…

(timestart) #2

You can get the checksum by setting the developer cvar to 1 then running the path command.

developer 1
path

And it’s not SHA1, it’s the CRC32 checksums of each file in the zip (excluding empty ones) appended together then MD4 hashed, split into 4 32-bit words and XOR’d.

(Donnovan) #3

Call it “thing” if you want. HOHOHOHOHO.

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: Now i can see old demos on new versions of the map! When aplicable, sure (i.e. no major changes).

(Scrupus) #4

[QUOTE=timestart;360826]
And it’s not SHA1, it’s the CRC32 checksums of each file in the zip (excluding empty ones) appended together then MD4 hashed, split into 4 32-bit words and XOR’d.[/QUOTE]

Also known as the S32TzipRmd4OxorG4x42G! crypto algorithm - specially crafted by the Makron to avoid human decryption, by using patterns that can break human brains if we try.

But timestart cracked it - almost makes you a bit suspicious… :infiltrator:

Personally I’ve found the easiest method (on server at least) to find checksums for new maps, is to put the file into the base folder and start up a testserver, then copy the the checksum from the server startup log.

(taw_m0nsta) #5

Thanks alot for the info guys, much appreciated!

(Assassin4004) #6

I have been playing around with creating a checksum generator based on timestart’s suggestions but can’t seem to calculate the correct ETQW checksum. Does anyone know if this in fact 100% accurate or if there’s actual code in the SDK that shows you how it’s calculated? I find stuff on CRC32, md4, md5, crc8, etc… Any help would be much appreciative!