No galleries whatsoever, but why ???

(.FROST.) #1

Why is it, that SD has no media section for screenshots, promo-art, concept-art and videos; of neither of their games they’ve developed, or are developing right now at the moment?

W:ET, ET:QW, BRINK, Extraction(formerly Dirty Bomb), RAD Soldiers, Batman: Arkham Origins; no media, except for the stuff and links wich are scattered throughout the forums. Nexon has some nice screenies and concept-art pics and I already thanked badman for the link, but I still don’t understand the reason behind the utter exclusion of anything visual, that has to do with their games.

(RasteRayzeR) #2

mhhhh, maybe because this is alpha and that as an alpha player, you should know that maps, weapons, classes and general art may vary a lot between updates ?

(.FROST.) #3

Sorry, but what are you talking about? I asked, why there is no gallery of any sort, from ANY game(not only XT) SD did to this date, but you are obviously only refering to Extraction and maybe Arkham Origins to a certain extend. But even if you’d only refer to XT, why is it that Nexon somehow has a gallery section?

(RasteRayzeR) #4

For the other games, I think the internet has all the pictures you want. For XT Nexon required promotional stuff, SD delivered (nothing shocking, a few mercs and one map).

Plus, the official web site has a few pictures of each of their games.

(.FROST.) #5

[QUOTE=RasteRayzeR;467469]For the other games, I think the internet has all the pictures you want. For XT Nexon required promotional stuff, SD delivered (nothing shocking, a few mercs and one map).

Plus, the official web site has a few pictures of each of their games.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank you very much, but I wasn’t searching for media of those games(at least not at the moment), I was just curious, WHY ON EARTH A DEVELOPER WOULD’VE NOTHING ON HIS PAGE OF THE STUFF HE’S DEVELOPING, OR HAS ALREADY DEVELOPED; that was the question and not; where can I get some fancy Exrtraction* pics from; since, like you’ve already stated it, they are all over the internets. And as I’ve already stated, I/we already got the link to the proper Nexon Extraction sub-page from badman.

So if someone isn’t from SD, or has no explicit info from SD in this regard, I’d suggest to not bother with this thread. But feel free to go off topic until the thread gets closed for redundancy.

*(or the other SD games)

(RasteRayzeR) #6

For each of the “OUT NOW”, you get the key features, story, screenshots, and more information.
For W:ET you get the download link + the previous.

I don’t see your point …

(.FROST.) #7

[QUOTE=RasteRayzeR;467483]

I don’t see your point …[/QUOTE]

The point is, I simply missed it:o Kinda “missed the forrest for the trees”(as the saying goes) I usually(99,99%)go to the forums via a shortcut on my desktop and therefore I usually don’t “come in contact” with the main page. That’s why the forums are kinda the SD mainpage for me(obviously, that’s completely wrong).

Even though the gallery part of the individual game’s page isn’t exactly huge, it’s sufficient enough to get an idea of those games.

Sorry for having been ofensive(though you really could’ve made the last reply a bit earlier:wink: )

(Nail) #8

then there’s this:

(.FROST.) #9

[QUOTE=Nail;467635]then there’s this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/splashdamage/[/QUOTE]

Ah, very, very cool, that’s even more like what I was looking for, THNX:)

(Ciakgb) #10

On your point, though, Rad soldiers is in dire need of a replay feature. I’m thinking like Starcraft 2 where players share their best games on YouTube.

The standard answer we get is that apple doesn’t allow video capture, to which I reply Starcraft doesn’t use video capture either, it simply records the moves in a data set, which then Is used to generate the replay.

Ideally I’d like to see something like the old playstation replays Iike Gran tourismo–given a cinematic treatment.