new

(hairycoconut) #1

I am kinda new to this game. And I was wondering if any clan was looking for a member.

(Kl3ppy) #2

I dont think that a clan is looking for players anymore. The only thing you can do is to play on one of the three last servers and make friends :slight_smile:

(acekiller345) #3

If you are still interested in joining a clan, TAW is always looking for new members :slight_smile:

We play our own organized matches, completely different from the pubs, twice a week, on Sundays and Tuesdays. We play on custom maps and a mod for ETQW that changes aspects of the game like the Dark Matter Cannon and the Hammer.

If you are interested in joining, go to www.taw.net :slight_smile:

Ace

(Seanza) #4

[QUOTE=acekiller345;468851]If you are still interested in joining a clan, TAW is always looking for new members :slight_smile:

We play our own organized matches, completely different from the pubs, twice a week, on Sundays and Tuesdays. We play on custom maps and a mod for ETQW that changes aspects of the game like the Dark Matter Cannon and the Hammer.

If you are interested in joining, go to www.taw.net :slight_smile:

Ace[/QUOTE]

How many members of TAW are still actively playing ET:QW? Are you guys playing 12v12 vanilla organised matches or are you playing on ETQWPro? What are the chances of getting you guys to field a couple of teams for the upcoming 6v6 tournament that’s likely to happen?

(acekiller345) #5

We average about 25 people per practice right now. Our organized matches will be 2 teams starting in about 2 weeks, so about 14 per side and anyone extra who shows up. We play on QWTA 3.5 on Vanilla and Custom maps, on our private servers.

About the 6 V 6, talk to Wizard or Nemesis. They organize the TAW Comp teams.

(Seanza) #6

[QUOTE=acekiller345;469078]We average about 25 people per practice right now. Our organized matches will be 2 teams starting in about 2 weeks, so about 14 per side and anyone extra who shows up. We play on QWTA 3.5 on Vanilla and Custom maps, on our private servers.

About the 6 V 6, talk to Wizard or Nemesis. They organize the TAW Comp teams.[/QUOTE]

I just think it’s a shame that the largest team in ET:QW doesn’t seem interested in nurturing its talent into the competitive side of things. I’m sure Wizard or Nemesis will pay attention if they want to, no need for me to contact them. I was just more interested in seeing some of your other players try it out.

(Runeforce) #7

Much of the competative minded TAW players leaves when game X comes out with Y new features. That being said, there still a are good bunch of people on the NA that play competatively, EU side is more casual, but they usually go under aliases while doing so (or play without the TAW tag.)

(alphabeta) #8

If we are interested in keeping the ETQW game going; how about letting some non-TAW players into your matches on Tuesdays and Sundays? Is that possible?

(acekiller345) #9

Papa was supposed to talk to PV about that… guess he forgot.

Bullet and Bagger said it was fine as long as you follow the TAW rules, the most important one we will care about being no/minimal cursing.

Do you need the TAW TS server ip?

(alphabeta) #10

Sure; we would love to participate.

(acekiller345) #11

We use Teamspeak 3 to meet up for our matches, available here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You will want to download the Client version, and then obviously 32 or 64 bit depends on your computer. When you download and run TS3, disconnect from the current server by hitting connections in the top left, then disconnect.
In the initial setup, please set your voice activation to Push to talk, where you have to hold down a key for the mic to transmit.

Next hit the Bookmarks tab and click manage bookmarks. From there you will see one bookmark (unless you already use TS) Right click it and delete it. Then hit the Add Bookmark button, and hit the “More” box.

In the label put TAW or whatever you want. in the address box put the following: ts.taw.net
Alpha, I will be private messaging you the Server password so that it doesnt get posted in a public place. If you want to post it on PV, please post it in a members only forum.

For NickName, if everyone could choose a name that we will know is you, and then put [QW] after it, that would be helpful. For example, Alpha would want to put this: AlphaBeta [QW]. This is just so that we know you are here for QW, and that its not someone else who happens to have your name.

We have practices every Sunday and Tuesday at 9 PM EST. Before you can play you will need to connect to our server and download the mod/ custom maps. Add me ingame: acekiller346
PM me whenever you are ready to download the maps. It will probably take around 30 minutes.