New DM map in the works: Emotional Wreck

(Iced_Eagle) #21

:banana:

Awesome looking map so far!

In MP I prefer more parts to be of good lighting rather than all dark like DoomSP. Itā€™s hard enough that you have per poly damage but man I think thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for!

Instead of fire in the glass you should put the imps in the glass :smiley: (New party prank?) and that would make it look pretty cool IMHO :smiley:

Glad you got the lava to work. Is it just a plane with the lava texture, or did you use func_liquid?

(nakedape) #22

Looking good Zombie13. Iā€™m not sure about the railings, though. They look cool and are used all over the singleplayer game but they can be a real nuissance in multiplayer. Itā€™s very frustrating to be chasing a guy, fire a rocket and have it hit the rail in front of him ā€¦ robbing you of your frag :confused: I would suggest only using railings in places where they wonā€™t get inbetween two players. For example, in your first screenshot ā€¦ if a guy was heading for the stairs and you tried to hit him with a rocket there is a good chance that your rocket would ā€œper-polyā€ hit one of the railings and heā€™d get away.

(Zombie13) #23

Hrmmm good point Iā€™ll take em out cause I dont want that happening to me, cause I need all the frags I can get my little mits on :slight_smile:

Zombie

(Zombie13) #24

Ok some updates and new areas:

:slight_smile:

Zombie

(Thujalvi) #25

Canā€™t wait for Doom: natural selection. Hope they will make one. really great looking map, itā€™s a shame that doom 3 isnā€™t out yet in europe.

(Scampie) #26

Nice shots Zombie, hope to see you really do well with Doom3 mapping :smiley:

(Zombie13) #27

Thanks its well underway just a few more areas to do and I should have a beta before the weekend :slight_smile:

Zombie

(ordo) #28

Zombieā€¦you are an amazing mapper, nice job.

(ildon) #29

Beta ready for QuakeCon? :wink:

(ritalin) #30

I love the over all look of the level so far. However i do have a problem with the lave passing through the tubes in 2 of your shotsā€¦ the first is a general problem i have always had with glass pipes ā€¦ they jsut dont look right , they seem to put off there own color in a way thats jsut not visually realisticā€¦ If you look through the side edges of the tube it seems too smokey for lack of a better word. second this is a high heat area being over lava so you should get some type of resin buildup from the smoke . Have you tried using one of the shaders and tetures used in some of the glass in the single playerā€¦ Im aware you may have already done this and i jsut cant see it in the jpeg. if you havnt this may hide some of the problems mentioned aboveā€¦ and last what about adding the heat distortion effect around those areas as wellā€¦

Sorry one more thing, the whole level seems to have a very sharp edge industrial look ā€¦ which i likeā€¦ but the last image you put in has a gothic double arch it jsut doesnt seem to fit well with the over all look

sorry for rambling, end of the day and im a bit tipsy
Keep up the good work

(Zombie13) #31

dunno about the lava pipes, already added the heatwave effect, yeah that screen shot is old, doesnt look like that anymore :slight_smile:

Zombie

(Zombie13) #32

Would people even play it?

Zombie

(Albiorix) #33

i would =p we host texasu.com and plan on running a server at qcon for doom3

(Zombie13) #34

OK, I will be releasing the map REALLY soon like next few hours or so, just waiting for some testers to give feedback to me so I can fix what ever is needed.

Cheers.

Zombie

(Zombie13) #35

http://zombie.bhdnet.com/mapfiles/doom3/z13d3dm1.rar ok here it is a bit late I know, but better late then never :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Zombie

(ojax) #36

Dude I created an account just so I could post how much I like your map ! It is totally atmospheric, and felt like I was in single playerā€¦ until my girlfriend came around the corner and phuckin sgā€™d me in the headā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

I havenā€™t played it extensively yet, so I cannot comment on what could use tweakingā€¦ but hey, wtf do I know anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

This map gets :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: <-- 5 groovy banannasā€¦

andā€¦

:rocker: :rocker: <-- and 2 rockin greaser dudesā€¦

cheers

ojax

(swelt) #37

Looks (+sounds) fantastic. Framerate seems to dip in a quite a few places which could be an issue.

Gameplay wise, the map seems very flat. Most of the floor is on the same level and there looks to be very little room for inter-height-level combat. I do like the invis room concept tho.

(Zombie13) #38

:o 5 banannas and 2 rockers! thanks :smiley:

Yeah I made it flat on purpose, not a HUGE fan of bunny-hopping-wall-bouncing rabbits :slight_smile: but the next map thats underway is a lot more QW like so you peeps can do that stuff :smiley:

Zombie

(JMW) #39

Good map. Looks like you pumped this one a week or soā€¦do you ever sleep or are you just a speed demon in the editor? Based on your website, it looks like you have alot of experience with qeradiantā€¦nice Q3 maps by the way.

Very nice job.

-JMW
www.jmwrightdesigns.com

(Zombie13) #40

Thank you, I slept for about 40hrs the whole week, but yeah I really got stuck into it didnt mess around to much, I just like to map :smiley:

Zombie