New DM map in the works: Emotional Wreck

(Zombie13) #1

Started a new map today/tonight, here are some progress shots:

Zombie

(Wils) #2

Looks good. Where is the red light hitting the railings from the walkway side coming from?

(TWIXMIX) #3

Well it looks like theres lava below the walkway.
I’m guessing that’s where it’s coming from

(Zombie13) #4

It’s coming from some funky lava stuff at the bottom, although it shouldnt really be showing so drasticly on the inside of the rails, thanks for pointing that out

(the_hat) #5

yeah, looks awesome, cant wait to start fragging on it :slight_smile:

(TWIXMIX) #6

t’s coming from some funky lava stuff at the bottom, although it shouldnt really be showing so drasticly on the inside of the rails, thanks for pointing that out

Yea, THat’s true.
That must be what he meant

(Zombie13) #7

Just have to redo some lighting near the main pipes, but it feels a lot more natural now.

Zombie

(Davros) #8

looking promising for a days work. but maybe contrast the red light with some soft blue light coming from those ceiling fixtures in the 1st pic

(The DeathCollector) #9

I love the work so far. Even though youre not done with, its shaping up to be one mean motha. :skull:

(Zombie13) #10

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Latest shot with the best optimised lighting I can get with few white areas:

Should I brighten the walkway up a notch or 2 at the cost of speed, or dark areas are cool in doom3? to me I dont mind dark areas, as this area is going to be the darkest area of the map by far.

Thanks.

Zombie

(the_hat) #11

looking awesome, dark rocks in doom3 IMO. great work so far

(Zombie13) #12

Ok that has me sold then :smiley: :banana:

Zombie

(Zombie13) #13

ok some facts that everyone prolly wants to know about this map so far, max poly counts are about 98k tris, and max shadow tris is about 48k, I get about 35fps @ 800x600 high detail, so I guess the map is more then playable, and the 6800 owners wouldnt really care :wink:

Zombie

(Dev/Null) #14

Looks great so far! If thsi is the darkest part of the map, I say leave the lighting as-is. Just enough light to get a feel for where to put your feet.

(Davros) #15

looking much better. as for the walkways, maybe some floor lights at either side of the walkway to make it much more apparent. good work

(Wils) #16

You could pick out a couple of sections along the walkway using spotlights from above, especially if you’re planning on placing any items along it. The new lighting looks much better, btw :slight_smile:

(kat) #17

Good to see this detail monster in Doom3… The Q3 version was good but this is miles better with the detail levels turned up a coupld of notches.! GG zombeh…!

(Zombie13) #18

Okay, how does that look?

Zombie

(Zombie13) #19

Added this new hallway this morning, still got some work left to do on it.

Zombie

(Loffy) #20

Emotional Wreck? That’s me, when I see these stunning screens and do not yet have the editor.
// Loffy

(PS. Good job, Zombie13!)