New Dev Video: When's the MOFO Update?!

(Ptiloui) #21

Would add smth :

If maps will now be more attacker friendly, what if, when teams are even, next players join defenders first instead of attackers ? To bring a little balance.

Because, attackers being one more AND easier for them to do objectives… well, smell like more rage whining about unbalanced game.

(PeterComputer) #22

[quote=“sweetColumn;212216”]>New maps are attacker centric, the defenders arent getting much justice
[/quote]

From what I’ve seen from Trainyard, this is what I get from it.

(Mc1412013) #23

No No No i want a sexy sparkles in a miss claus outfit, a rhino claus, redeye the grinch, roudolf the red nosed aura. And i want arty and sky hamer as the elfs that throw pressents at you instead of ammo packs. Is that too mutch to ask for??? @stayfreshshoe @RazielWarmonic chop chop christmas is around the corner and we need another holiday event. Oh and no RNG please.

(M@rs) #24

Any improvements to Ranked???

(Mc1412013) #25

Yes if u consider being disabled an improvement then yes it was improved lol j.k

(Blubehriluv) #26

Can’t wait!!

(MilkyBear) #27

So the next step is Turtle and Dopeyard right? RIGHT?

(bontsa) #28

@“M@rs” @Mc1412013 In the “Map overhaul” dev video they stated while ranked is getting closed “for few weeks” between the seasons, “however when ranked season 2 starts, there is gonna be a few extra shiny things awaiting for you”. Also I would be to guess, if quickjoin’s matching algorhytm is getting changes I’m pretty sure Ranked one could be tweaked too if seen necessary.

(ImSploosh) #29

Hopefully this update actually brings the much needed optimization to help with framerates and shit. Bug fixes will be nice too.

But there are a few major things we need… Map overhauls are still needed. Not the lighting and cosmetic shit, but actual design changes.

Dome for example needs to be changed in a few ways. The last update to it helped, but not enough. How about removing that useless side path on the attackers’ right side for the first objective (the one in their spawn), and then opening up the center on the first objective. Those 2 buildings in the middle there could be used in various ways. Make a series of jumps to get to the top of them or design them in a way that it requires some work to get to the objective by going through them.

We also need more maps. Judging by pictures seen on Tumblr, Dockyard appears to be ruined. I’m praying that it’s not, but that could very well be the case. Rather than adding to it, every awesome route was taken away (my guess anyways). Hoping that’s not the case!

The crafting system needs to be reverted or at the very least, updated to include progression and lowered prices (prices like in the old system). The majority agree that the old system was better. There have been quite a few ideas here on the forum about how to implement both systems in one.

Fingers crossed…

(M@rs) #30

I honestly hope something is done about it. It has been a long time. Ranked should be the main mode in any game that has that kind of competitive play. Makes no sense otherwise. I think this kills the game slowly.

(Mc1412013) #31

@bonsta i was being the unfunny person that i am with that comment i saw the same vid u did

(bontsa) #32

Would you mind providing the source of these pictures creating this fear of yours? I mean the pictures I found here are from late June and show absolutely no layout changes whatsoever, those few buildings and paths shown look form- and location-wise exactly the ones around in Dockyard’s blockout form. Heck, the indoors above the secondary objective door is even made more interesting if anything; balcony railing above it is not complete anymore, but requires jumping to get across. Just curious if you have some other pictures found, that’s all, otherwise that fear is simply full of air.

Naah, no harm done my comment was also more of a reminder something is in the works for it, I got it was more of a joke :slight_smile: I mean li…

Bruh. BRUH.

(DeadAlive) #33

New mercs, please, including one or two that specialize in hand to hand combat, acrobatics and stealth, i.e., no weapons.

(Speedless_Flash) #34

Fuck I have exams for 2 weeks. How could i resist

(Jan S.) #35

Not sure if anyone made a thread about it (kinda lost track :D), but here are the videos about new maps from various youtubers :slight_smile:

Trainyard

Bridge

Dome

Chapel

Undergroud

Terminal

(TitaniumRapture) #36

wondering why ppl still need new mercs, 18 isnt enough? there are games with like 5-8 mercs (or whatever you want to call them) or even without classes (one same merc for everybody) at all and everybody is fine with that. i would appreciate new maps or game mods instead.

(powi_) #37

tomorrow update hype?

(Jan S.) #38

I have literally the most work to do tomorrow…but I’ll have to find some free time :smiley:
Hype is finally getting real

(Ptiloui) #39

Wish we could already be tomorrow ! xD

(TitaniumRapture) #40

[quote=“JohnS;212542”]I have literally the most work to do tomorrow…but I’ll have to find some free time :smiley:
Hype is finally getting real[/quote]

Well dont forget about patching time. :slight_smile: