Andarne Twitch: http://twitch.tv/andarne
Andarne YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndarneGaming

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(arharr3) #2

VERY well done SD. First break your promise of obsidian operatives being exclusive, then ignore complaints about it for a few weeks before finally apologizing, only to do the EXACT same thing again.
Thank you for shattering the last bit of respect I had for you.

(Chris Mullins) #3

@arharr3 said:
VERY well done SD. First break your promise of obsidian operatives being exclusive, then ignore complaints about it for a few weeks before finally apologizing, only to do the EXACT same thing again.

We explained this in the video you mentioned. What we said is valid and accounts for all Obsidian Operatives which have been released. We thought this was sufficiently evident in the video, but seems this was not the case. Again, we’ll try and make sure all future communication is clearer.

(TheStrangerous) #4

Hunter Vid Summed in 1 pic:

!

!

(arharr3) #5

@stayfreshshoe said:

@arharr3 said:

We explained this in the video you mentioned. What we said is valid and accounts for all Obsidian Operatives which have been released. We thought this was sufficiently evident in the video, but seems this was not the case. Again, we’ll try and make sure all future communication is clearer.

You advertised them as exclusive and limited.
https://www.splashdamage.com/blog/1257/dirty-bomb-presents-obsidian-operatives#.WoXpDZiLo08
This is how you advertised the first bunch of them. Where exactly did you write “they will make a return in the future”? All im seeing there is “Find them in the Dirty Bomb Store, individually or as a bundle, until the 6th of July.” aka “After 6th of July they will be completely unavaible.” .
Also:

“For the next two weeks, something special is hitting the Store…” This clearly implies after these two weeks this “special” thing will be gone from store. So why exactly is it back now?
Or how about the phoenix obsidian update notes?
https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/phoenix-obsidian-operative-update/
“Three Loadout Cards featuring each of Phoenix’s primary weapons will be available for two weeks [snip] Get in before they disappear on October 11!”
Same thing as before: you didnt say anywhere they will return, but you said they will disappear. So you either willingly deceived players to push them to buy the obsidians or you later went “fuck it, we dont care about that advertising we made half a year ago, we want dem monies naow” and ended up with some people being very unhappy and remembering.

(WatchAsILead) #6

@arharr3 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

@arharr3 said:

https://www.splashdamage.com/blog/1257/dirty-bomb-presents-obsidian-operatives#.WoXpDZiLo08
This is how you advertised the first bunch of them. Where exactly did you write “they will make a return in the future”? All im seeing there is “Find them in the Dirty Bomb Store, individually or as a bundle, until the 6th of July.” aka “After 6th of July they will be completely unavaible.” .
Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FudJZVxuauI
“For the next two weeks, something special is hitting the Store…” This clearly implies after these two weeks this “special” thing will be gone from store. So why exactly is it back now?
“Three Loadout Cards featuring each of Phoenix’s primary weapons will be available for two weeks [snip] Get in before they disappear on October 11!”
Same thing as before: you didnt say anywhere they will return, but you said they will disappear. So you either willingly deceived players to push them to buy the obsidians or you later went “@$!# it, we dont care about that advertising we made half a year ago, we want dem monies naow” and ended up with some people being very unhappy and remembering.

Dude get over it, who cares if they are limited or not? Why wouldnt you want them to come back? They look cool, there should be no reason other players shouldnt have them either. If you buy skins for exclusivity instead of just liking them you have a problem with your brain.

Furthermore, your respect for them is gone because they brought back skins that people wanted? Are you that shallow that you cant see all the other great things they are doing? New maps, mercs, bug fixes, content, releaseing 1.0, quality content? get over yourself, the world is bigger than a few obsidian skins.

(ThePigVomit) #7

Dude. Never means never. They never said never. Quit flipping whining. They didn’t screw you, they sold you. Just because you ‘assumed’ gone me meant forever and limited meant never again is your own dumb fault. Learn to recognize marketing for what it is.

In addition, THE GAME IS IN BETA. Just because the beta has taken an extended amount of time, IT’S STILL BETA. Beta means things can change without notice. They give you thing s as it’s developed. And they can change their min.

Clean the friggin sand out of your crack, play the game, and enjoy the content you get. You are not a snowflake. You shelled out less than 50 of whatever currency you spent for pixels. It’s vanity. Do not expect them to continually feed your vanity at the expense of their going concern.

People like you are what drive the casual fans away with unnecessary and UNFOUNDED cryfests.

I have zero sympathy for people think they live in a world of absolutes, yet cannot recognize what an absolute actually is.

There are 2 absolutes in the world. People who don’t care and people who are too ignorant to figure stuff out. 1. You can’t make people care. 2. You can’t fix stupid.

(arharr3) #8

@WatchAsILead said:

@arharr3 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

@arharr3 said:

Also:
Same thing as before: you didnt say anywhere they will return, but you said they will disappear. So you either willingly deceived players to push them to buy the obsidians or you later went “@$!# it, we dont care about that advertising we made half a year ago, we want dem monies naow” and ended up with some people being very unhappy and remembering.

Dude get over it, who cares if they are limited or not? Why wouldnt you want them to come back? They look cool, there should be no reason other players shouldnt have them either. If you buy skins for exclusivity instead of just liking them you have a problem with your brain.

Furthermore, your respect for them is gone because they brought back skins that people wanted? Are you that shallow that you cant see all the other great things they are doing? New maps, mercs, bug fixes, content, releaseing 1.0, quality content? get over yourself, the world is bigger than a few obsidian skins.

I care that should be pretty obvious at that point.

If you think other players should have them too they shouldnt be only purchaseable with real money.

These loadout cards were advertised as exclusive because SDs marketing and PR guy knew they would sell better. Also they NEVER said a word about their return until one week before they were rereleased. And I wasnt the only person who spoke out against it.

My respect for them is gone because they showed that previous promises/marketing (or negative feedback) means very little to them. Just look at how long it took them until they realized that aimpunch is a terrible mechanic.

I also happen to see the terrible stuff. Mercs being broken on release (javelin says hi) with their special editions being rng for money (javelin and guardian) or max level 5 servers STILL being gone.

Believe it or not, but 1.0 actually means very little. There isnt a button SD is going to press on release day to make the game alot better. Currently I have quite some doubt that they will be able to fix core issues like player retention.

(bgyoshi) #9

@arharr3 If you only buy stuff because it’s exclusive and rare and not because you want it then you deserve to feel screwed. The entire point of these obsidian cards are that they’re skin-changes as opposed to simply color changes, and they cost real money instead of credits. The other obsidian operative cards are based on popular loadouts for a specific merc, and those can be bought with credits OR money. They aren’t a fancy card to show off to everyone and go “AHURHUR LOOKIT ME I’M OLD I SPENT MONEY ON THIS AND I HAVE IT AND YOU DON’T NYEH NYEH”

It’s your own fault for buying into shiny cards just to make your e-peen feel bigger. Deal with it.

Life tip: Spend money on stuff, not status.

But it sounds like you have a lot more issues going on than just these cards, and this was just a nit-picky catalyst. It sounds like you shouldn’t play this game anymore, or should take a break. I recommend that to you.

Keep the updates coming SD. Dev communication is at what feels like an all time high, I might just buy this stuff so that the updates continue!

(arharr3) #10

@bgyoshi said:
@arharr3 If you only buy stuff because it’s exclusive and rare and not because you want it then you deserve to feel screwed. The entire point of these obsidian cards are that they’re skin-changes as opposed to simply color changes, and they cost real money instead of credits. The other obsidian operative cards are based on popular loadouts for a specific merc, and those can be bought with credits OR money. They aren’t a fancy card to show off to everyone and go “AHURHUR LOOKIT ME I’M OLD I SPENT MONEY ON THIS AND I HAVE IT AND YOU DON’T NYEH NYEH”

It’s your own fault for buying into shiny cards just to make your e-peen feel bigger. Deal with it.

Life tip: Spend money on stuff, not status.

But it sounds like you have a lot more issues going on than just these cards, and this was just a nit-picky catalyst. It sounds like you shouldn’t play this game anymore, or should take a break. I recommend that to you.

Keep the updates coming SD. Dev communication is at what feels like an all time high, I might just buy this stuff so that the updates continue!

I never said I bought them because they were advertised as exclusive. What im saying is that this whole exclusiveness was only used to get more people into buying them as fast as possible (this is a marketing method which utilizes a social anxiety called fear of missing out). And then SD realized they shot themselves in the foot by losing the option to sell them again later on. Only to get out of this issue by changing a frikkin symbol on the card. For me this looks like SD wanted to make as much money as possible (absolutely understandable and nothing wrong with that) but decided to go the lazy route when it came to keeping promises. If you advertise something as exclusive it stays exclusive. You also dont buy a red shirt without complaining if you get a blue one.
And they ignored complains. I saw some comments under their ask the devs youtube video, I saw quite some threads (not by me) on reddit and I made one here. SD managed to ignore all of these, but when they mentioned obsidian operatives as a negative point it was (what a surprise) not about the exclusivity issue, but about how they would be avaible for purchase.

Now stop with the idea I bought them because “it would make my e-peen bigger”. Thats not what I bought them.

And tbh: I have already greatly reduced the time I play DB. There are just too many issues that prevent me from having fun. But that doesnt mean I wont say it if I think theres an issue with something. And I really think SD changing their word regarding paid content is a big problem.

Ah yes, communication. Maybe it got better for now, but I wouldnt be surprised if we get a new obsidian operative poll next week on shoes tinder profile (bet that one has more followers/whatever then DBs instagram).

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

Hunter looks nice at least, not enough for me to get, but at least useful.

Would a bow shot or Guardians shield win?

(bgyoshi) #12

@arharr3 said:
You also dont buy a red shirt without complaining if you get a blue one.

Oh I’m sorry, did you magically not get a red shirt? You bought the skin and the loadout, you got the skin, you got the skin and the loadout precisely as advertised. This isn’t getting blue instead of red, this is buying a ticket to your favorite band’s “FINAL TOUR!” and then complaining when they do a “FINAL FINAL TOUR!” You’re turning a non-issue into an issue.

@arharr3 said:
Ah yes, communication. Maybe it got better for now, but I wouldnt be surprised if we get a new obsidian operative poll next week on shoes tinder profile (bet that one has more followers/whatever then DBs instagram).

Ah yes, subtle sex jokes about the devs, mature behavior for mature people that care so much about the state of DB

(Xenithos) #13

@ThePigVomit said:
Dude. Never means never. They never said never. Quit flipping whining.
Just because you ‘assumed’ gone me meant forever and limited meant never again is your own dumb fault.

Well fudging said sir.

(Xenithos) #14

HOLY CRAP. THEYRE LETTING THE CARD BE SOLD INDIVIDUALLY! YUS! FINALLY!

(Rokon2) #15

@arharr3 said:
This is how you advertised the first bunch of them. Where exactly did you write “they will make a return in the future”? All im seeing there is “Find them in the Dirty Bomb Store, individually or as a bundle, until the 6th of July.” aka “After 6th of July they will be completely unavaible.”
Honestly to me, it sounds like you’re making assumptions and putting words in their mouth by saying “After 6th of July they will be completely unavaible.” because that’s not what they said. That’s what you said.
Also:
Keyword: implies. Was what this message explicit in that it won’t come back ever again, or did you misconstrue the message and made your own conclusion?
Or, that this sale will disappear. Which they did. When the sale ended, they didn’t remain. They were gone. For the third time, you jumped to the worse case scenario and assumed that they wouldn’t be making a return. You’ve been taking what they’ve said, inserting your assumptions, and treating them as fact. Could they have been more clear? Sure, they could have. That doesn’t mean that you can huff and puff at them over your own paranoia.

(arharr3) #16

@bgyoshi You seem to have issues understanding what an exaggarated example is. Exclusiveness was part of the marketing, just like the color of a shirt is. Maybe I should simplify such things for you more in the future.

@Rokon2 Very , very wrong. Because you didnt click on the first link , which leads you to splash damages blog where they posted the patch notes and that sentence which they, according to you, never said. Here it is again just for you, so try not to miss it this time: https://www.splashdamage.com/blog/1257/dirty-bomb-presents-obsidian-operatives#.WoXpDZiLo08
Second thing: they never ever said that they will be making a return before. And when they did they already presented a full pack. Smells more like “we want money now” instead of “we just remembered that we still didnt reintroduce them”.

And tbh: you can disagree with me as much as you want, but SD never said before that ask the devs video that these obsidians will return, yet advertised them as “exclusive and limited”. For me thats false advertising and just drags down SDs integrity. And if I cant trust a company I dont see why I should spend money on their products.

(Rokon2) #17

@arharr3 said:
@Rokon2 Very , very wrong. Because you didnt click on the first link , which leads you to splash damages blog where they posted the patch notes and that sentence which they, according to you, never said. Here it is again just for you, so try not to miss it this time: https://www.splashdamage.com/blog/1257/dirty-bomb-presents-obsidian-operatives#.WoXpDZiLo08
Second thing: they never ever said that they will be making a return before. And when they did they already presented a full pack. Smells more like “we want money now” instead of “we just remembered that we still didnt reintroduce them”.

And tbh: you can disagree with me as much as you want, but SD never said before that ask the devs video that these obsidians will return, yet advertised them as “exclusive and limited”. For me thats false advertising and just drags down SDs integrity. And if I cant trust a company I dont see why I should spend money on their products.
It seems that you didn’t read what I said. Let’s revisit the snippet of the blog that you sent me, that covers the introduction of Obsidian Loadout Cards, and we’ll examine it together:

For the next two weeks, something special is hitting the Store.

Ever since Dirty Bomb was kickstarted by Founders buying packs to support the game, >players have requested more impactful skin changes for their Mercs. Today we’re taking a >first step towards fully realizing this with the launch of a new Loadout Card line - Obsidian >Operatives.

Arty, Stoker and Fletcher are getting their own preset Obsidian Loadout Cards, complete >with leather jackets, facemasks and high-tech sportswear. These suited-up Mercs will >make you the talk of London, so get them while they’re available!

Find them in the Dirty Bomb Store, individually or as a bundle, until the 6th of July.

Okay so now that we have this, let’s see what I actually said:

Honestly to me, it sounds like you’re making assumptions and putting words in their mouth by saying “After 6th of July they will be completely unavaible.” because that’s not what they said. That’s what you said.
Because that is true. That is what you said:

This is what Splash Damage said:

These suited-up Mercs will make you the talk of London, so get them while they’re available!
And
Find them in the Dirty Bomb Store, individually or as a bundle, until the 6th of July.
Where in that blog post, did SD say they weren’t ever coming back? Moreover, have you ever considered at any point, that SD simply changed their mind, assuming that they did want to make these unavailable for one time only? Perhaps not. Most devs make it clear that a thing is available for one time only, by saying it’s available for one time only.

(Splicerrr) #18

@arharr3 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

@arharr3 said:

Also:

(henki000) #19

I’m going to reward you when game comes out. If I still play this, which I probably do. I just dont want anything with the money, so perhaps cake or a song would be better.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #20

As long as the later release of obsidians are designated somehow as second, third, fourth, etc. editions I don’t really mind. Would be nice now that they are 100% confirmed NOT limited and exclusive the pricing was adjusted accordingly. Glad to see the Hunter special edition loadout will be separated from the merc - a little salty it took SD so long to make this adjustment and also that they are apparently doing it because of feedback from players that purchased the all merc pack… :’(

In general just sick and tired of hearing from SD that they need to communicate better. Either actually get better and make changes or just don’t tell us anything you’ll have to walk back because it’s delayed or “miscommunicated”. Deliberately making something seem limited and exclusive and then offering essentially the same thing for sale again a short time later is not a miscommunication. The founders obsidians are even mentioned when presenting the obsidian operatives which are very clearly NEVER going to be made available again. I don’t really care personally but I think it’s very reasonable for players to be upset about this.